Browns: HC Hue Jackson fired

BeastMode54

16 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

So how is this more relevant then having different gameday threads?

This has nothing to do with the Bills...  I'd rather have multiple game threads, so I dont have to scroll through 15 pages of posts

Just click ">>" to go to the last post?

On 10/29/2018 at 2:17 PM, Soda Popinski said:

I would have thought it would be Haley.   But I don't think it matters much, whoever took over was just going to do their thing and let the other DC do their thing the rest of the year.   

...Haslam went right to the bottom of the barrel with Haley's Comet and Airhorn Greggy.......despite his record, at least Hugh seemed like a decent guy versus those bottom feeders....and now Bounty Boy is the interim HC?..........

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Impressively throws both Dorsey and Haley under the bus in one fell swoop

His delusion is complete.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Haslam went right to the bottom of the barrel with Haley's Comet and Airhorn Greggy.......despite his record, at least Hugh seemed like a decent guy versus those bottom feeders....and now Bounty Boy is the interim HC?..........

Say what?? This guy is a Hue Jasshole.  He NEVER accepts the blame.  He is not a standup guy at all.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2018 at 11:55 AM, Bandito said:

We should fire McDermott

I'm told he didn't draft Mahomes, not sure though. Someone should make a thread about it.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, Soda Popinski said:

Where has Hue ever had success?   

Yes, I am also worried he will hurt our historically bad offense.

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

After 3 wins in 3 seasons, he says his firing was..."premature"!!

What a total clown.  

Yup. That’s exactly who he is.

A friend pointed out that he got fired during his most successful season as Browns HC. ? 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It seems to me that Cleveland roster has a lot of talent.....I dont know what Hugh is talking about there

In some spots. Bad OL and WR group . Dorsey has a UDFA who has barely played football at LT. Not a good way to replace a HOF. Chris Hubbard at RT has been a disaster. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Impressively throws both Dorsey and Haley under the bus in one fell swoop.

That entire front office (including the dirtbag owner) and coaching staff (including Hue) needs to be put in a clown car, and driven under the biggest monster truckasaurus bus that can be found.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Don't forget Hue!

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I still cannot believe Greg Williams is now the coach of the Browns. Anyone who watched Hard Knocks can see what a complete douche that guy is. There is absolutely no way he ever leads a football team to any respectable status. 

I wonder if he has a bounty on Mahomes right now... they play him on Sunday . He would do just about anything to win this game I’m sure. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'd take him over McClappy in a second, and I'd give him authority over the "grocery list." Jackson's problems in Cleveland were 99% the fault of the ownership and management, compounded by an over-reliance on analytics. And screw Hard Knocks. Media whores succeed on that show, guys like Rex.

5 minutes ago, yungmack said:

I'd take him over McClappy in a second, and I'd give him authority over the "grocery list." Jackson's problems in Cleveland were 99% the fault of the ownership and management, compounded by an over-reliance on analytics. And screw Hard Knocks. Media whores succeed on that show, guys like Rex.

Yikes. No. Hue is a terrible leader who lacks any kind of accountability or self-awareness. I have no idea what you see in him that leads you to think he would succeed as a HC elsewhere. You bought his line about blaming everyone else so I’m assuming you don’t follow the Browns at all. I don’t blame you there but he will never get another HC job in the nfl. In fact the only OC job I think he could get is with his buddy Marvin in Cincy. He’s a complete joke across the league. His own player compared him to Michael Scott from the Office as a “leader.” He will end up back coaching in college in the pac 12.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes. No. Hue is a terrible leader who lacks any kind of accountability or self-awareness. I have no idea what you see in him that leads you to think he would succeed as a HC elsewhere. You bought his line about blaming everyone else so I’m assuming you don’t follow the Browns at all. I don’t blame you there but he will never get another HC job in the nfl. In fact the only OC job I think he could get is with his buddy Marvin in Cincy. He’s a complete joke across the league. His own player compared him to Michael Scott from the Office as a “leader.” He will end up back coaching in college in the pac 12.

I actually do follow the Browns (they were my childhood team, before the AFL) and my daughter and son-in-law are season ticket holder fanatics. My post was about who I'd take right now as the Bills HC and I most definitely believe Jackson would be way better than McDermott. Doesn't mean I'd vote him into the HOF or even hire him going forward, but I do believe he's a ton better than what we're stuck with in Buffalo.

1 minute ago, yungmack said:

I actually do follow the Browns (they were my childhood team, before the AFL) and my daughter and son-in-law are season ticket holder fanatics. My post was about who I'd take right now as the Bills HC and I most definitely believe Jackson would be way better than McDermott. Doesn't mean I'd vote him into the HOF or even hire him going forward, but I do believe he's a ton better than what we're stuck with in Buffalo.

Hue is a lousy HC and he picked a loose cannon OC! No way do I want the Bills to be infected yet again. The Bills just got rid of one cancer- Russ Brandon, lets not bring in another. In a league of parity, Hue won 3 total games in a little less than 3 years, 1 of the full seasons resulted in 0 wins and 1 of the full seasons resulted in 1 win.Need I go on???

1 hour ago, yungmack said:

But Hue didn’t even look like he should be an assistance OC. It is one thing to say screw Hard Knocks. Sure it isn’t a perfect representation, but it is edited by the team. It shows the team in a good light most of the time. Even so, Hue looked like an absolute fool who knew nothing. I would sooner make Daboll(who I despise) HC than offer the job to Hue. 

1 hour ago, yungmack said:

So Jackson took a bad team and made it worse.  McD took a bad team and made the play-offs.

What is with McClappy.  No good arguments so you need a nickname to bring him down?

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Hue is a lousy HC and he picked a loose cannon OC! No way do I want the Bills to be infected yet again. The Bills just got rid of one cancer- Russ Brandon, lets not bring in another. In a league of parity, Hue won 3 total games in a little less than 3 years, 1 of the full seasons resulted in 0 wins and 1 of the full seasons resulted in 1 win.Need I go on???

Dorsey picked Haley, not Jackson. And if you think Jackson was the sole reason the Browns suck, there's nothing more I can say because you clearly don't know a thing about that franchise since it came back into the NFL.

15 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So Jackson took a bad team and made it worse.  McD took a bad team and made the play-offs.

What is with McClappy.  No good arguments so you need a nickname to bring him down?

I wasn't making an argument, I was stating an opinion. You do know the difference, don't you, Junior?

21 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Dorsey picked Haley, not Jackson. And if you think Jackson was the sole reason the Browns suck, there's nothing more I can say because you clearly don't know a thing about that franchise since it came back into the NFL.

I wasn't making an argument, I was stating an opinion. You do know the difference, don't you, Junior?

Your funny- if your opinion is to be ok, hypothetically, with Hue as the Bills HC then it shows you dont know too much, sorry for that. And yes, Jackson was a huge reason they stunk- he is egotistical- refer to the new article on nfl.com. 

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That entire front office (including the dirtbag owner) and coaching staff (including Hue) needs to be put in a clown car, and driven under the biggest monster truckasaurus bus that can be found.

...ABSOLUTELY no hard feelings if the "Mistake By The Lake Trophy" takes up permanent residency in Haslam's office.................