Media trying to get McDermott fired.

5 hours ago, PIZ said:

They don't realize that Bean and McDermott and the Pegulas all expected this to happen.  They expected 2017 and 2018 to be bad seasons.  Being a playoff team in 2017 was great, but it gave EVERYONE unrealistic expectations for 2018.  2017 and 2018 were always about tearing it down, while adding some key pieces or young players growing (Hyde, Poyer, Allen, Edmunds, Dawkins, Jones) and 2019 was about building it back up.  That has always been the plan.  McDermott hasn't been preaching about the "PROCESS" for nothing.

Was it also their plan to hire an fire an offensive coordinator after one year? Or start Nathan Peterman in the middle of a playoff race? Or botch the qb decision to start the season? 

Not everything they do has to be justified just because you believe everything they say.

Truth is they've done a poor job overall halfway through year 2. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

Was it also their plan to hire an fire an offensive coordinator after one year? Or start Nathan Peterman in the middle of a playoff race? Or botch the qb decision to start the season? 

Not everything they do has to be justified just because you believe everything they say.

Truth is they've done a poor job overall halfway through year 2. 

It must have been all part of the process.

Because they always have been amorphous about what the process actually is, they (and their supporters) always feel free to say, hey, it was part of the process.

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Perhaps his plan was to field a team that would allow them better chances to fill those gaps in the draft?

Perhaps the plan was to have the resources needed to compete for free agents that not only help the team but fit the scheme and what they are trying to do here

Perhaps the plan was to concentrate on one side of the ball in one year and the other in the next year

Once again....all of these not undertandings have to do with them not doing in the way YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT.....so you focus on the flops along the way (of which there have been.....

AJM - didnt fit what they were trying to do here

Peterman....you dont give up on draft picks so easily.....he would simply not throw the one pass that he gets intercepted on week in and week out perhaps he would not have been so bad

Kelvin Benjamin was a player that had seen solid production earlier in his career

Colemen was a stab at a player (just like many teams took a stab with him) that had lots of potential but no heart

Every team has these flops......the problem is the bills simply are punting the offense to next year and taking the poo poo cap sandwich this year to do it THEIR way.....

I as a fan hate it....but I also understand that I need to see what next year looks like

You must work for the team.

But even you must read this and be astounded at how far you go to justify what they do. 

Just now, Peter said:

It must have been all part of the process.

Because they always have been amorphous about what the process actually is, they (and their supporters) always feel free to say, hey, it was part of the process.

Well stated my friend. It's an all encompassing justifiable pass that McD created. Genius...unless you have half a brain.

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Rex took a great defense and managed to foul it up. His ego forced him to do it his way, which hasn’t worked in recent memory.  McD is working with a lack of talent as the cupboard was pretty bare upon arrival.

Can you be more specific about the bare cupboard on McD's arrival?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Can you be more specific about the bare cupboard on McD's arrival?

Maybe it’s more accurate to say we had some overpriced stuff (some partially spoiled with a funky smell) on the shelf. 

Just now, Augie said:

Maybe it’s more accurate to say we had some overpriced stuff (some partially spoiled with a funky smell) on the shelf. 

True, but more and superior talent was there and he saw to it to clean out the cupboard.  This is what he left the roster with currently. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

True, but more and superior talent was there and he saw to it to clean out the cupboard.  This is what he left the roster with currently. 

That’s how you clean out the pantry! I have zero problem with most of it. Toss out the Whole Foods stuff with a questionable smell or past the expiration date and do some Costco shopping in the draft for some fine ingredients. 

We knew this would be a down year, so it’s too soon to judge what it might be a couple years down the road. I admit this is uglier than I expected, but I’m prepared to wait it out before judging. But that’s just me....

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The offense is a flop in general.  And all of these flops happened since last season.

This isn't that hard to pan, John.  Though the direct actions of McD, because his 1st round draft pick is injured, an old retired QB is starting in week 8 on MNF against NE.  This was preventable.  So your giving him a pass because the offense has no talent makes absolutely no sense at all.  I just doesn't.

Dont forget that because we haven’t been to the playoffs in a long time he gets a 5 year golden pass. If he was replacing a good coach we could run him out but...

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s how you clean out the pantry! I have zero problem with most of it. Toss out the Whole Foods stuff with a questionable smell or past the expiration date and do some Costco shopping in the draft for some fine ingredients. 

We knew this would be a down year, so it’s too soon to judge what it might be a couple years down the road. I admit this is uglier than I expected, but I’m prepared to wait it out before judging. But that’s just me....

I suppose the debate is:

did it need to be a down year other than expecting a young qb to take lumps at some point early in their tenure 

• Like (+1) 1

The Giants made the playoffs in 2016 for the first time in 5 years and then fired McAdoo in the middle of the next season.

It happens sometimes and no golden pass should be given. This offense is inexcusable whether a rookie QB is starting or a journeyman veteran. The rules are designed to help the offense over the defense.

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Dont forget that because we haven’t been to the playoffs in a long time he gets a 5 year golden pass. If he was replacing a good coach we could run him out but...

I suppose the debate is:

did it need to be a down year other than expecting a young qb to take lumps at some point early in their tenure 

I suppose some would consider me too easy on the FO, but I kind of like the idea of just yanking the bandaid off and being done with it. It really gives you a truer idea of what they can do when they get to pick their own guys. I think the offense was hurt more by losing Wood and Richie (and that was just bad fortune, IMO) than the WR’s we let escape. Time will tell, and I’ll just cross my fingers. 

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

I suppose some would consider me too easy on the FO, but I kind of like the idea of just yanking the bandaid off and being done with it. It really gives you a truer idea of what they can do when they get to pick their own guys. I think the offense was hurt more by losing Wood and Richie (and that was just bad fortune, IMO) than the WR’s we let escape. Time will tell, and I’ll just cross my fingers. 

Not to chase it totally down the rabbit hole but... dareus is grading higher than starr on pff (grain of salt but willing to point at it as Starr not being widely better if nothing else)...

if instead of eating a boatload of dead money, and making Starr our centerpiece what if we distributed that across our OL targets and gotten viable free agents there... as an example 

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Not to chase it totally down the rabbit hole but... dareus is grading higher than starr on pff (grain of salt but willing to point at it as Starr not being widely better if nothing else)...

if instead of eating a boatload of dead money, and making Starr our centerpiece what if we distributed that across our OL targets and gotten viable free agents there... as an example 

I get that, but for the money, and for what Dareus was giving us before the trade rocked him??? Heck, maybe St Doug was just able to get more out of him? We’ll never know. 

I see the argument that we could have been more generous on the OLine, but we had a couple surprises there at center and LG that weakened the whole thing. I’ll give them some time, because it’s all I can do and I’ll just step back for a while before I become a raving lunatic hater. Plenty of those already and life’s too short to just spend so much negative energy.  I’ll draw the line at disappointed, then go on to the next thing. (NCAA hoops is about to start!!!) 

7 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

They have no idea what a QB is supposed to look like and unless everyone is fired before this draft, they are going to be rebuilding 3 years from now when they find out Allen is nothing but a big arm.

This is 100% true.

The funny thing is the idiotic majority here will berate you for this viewpoint, while being wrong.

Then when the future becomes the present and you are proven right, the idiotic majority will ignore the fact they were wrong and move to the next hot topic to be wrong about then.

It's how it works here.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This is 100% true.

The funny thing is the idiotic majority here will berate you for this viewpoint, while being wrong.

Then when the future becomes the present and you are proven right, the idiotic majority will ignore the fact they were wrong and move to the next hot topic to be wrong about then.

It's how it works here.

I don’t think the “idiotic majority” is berating anything, or anyone, they are just willing to wait and see. I have my doubts, but your viewpoint can’t make that anything more than what it is, an opinion. I still have hope, even if he wasn’t my choice. You don’t KNOW the outcome any more than anyone else. 

I just try to relax at times like this. Don’t get worked up over things you can’t control. 

Edited by Augie

3 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

You must work for the team.

But even you must read this and be astounded at how far you go to justify what they do. 

Well stated my friend. It's an all encompassing justifiable pass that McD created. Genius...unless you have half a brain.

How would you even know what half a brain looks like?  Not from experience.

And every time someone provides some kind of justification for staying the course that has been created....they are of course "working for the team"

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Where exactly are you anticipating this talent is coming from?  Do you really have confidence in Allen?

Allen will improve as the talent around him improves and he gains NFL experience.......

They will find the talent mostly in the draft.....but they have the cap space to be competative with anyone in the offseason.....

8 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I will give them the offseason.

With the exception of Allen, the FO pretty much ignored the offense in the offseason.

I am curious to see what their plan is this offseason with all the cap room and draft picks we have

I'm sure they'll be relieved to hear this.

Have you contacted them yet?

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm sure they'll be relieved to hear this.

Have you contacted them yet?

No need, I’m sure they check here to know which way to go. They’ll surely be in touch.    ?

2 hours ago, Augie said:

We're talking about a football team, not your pantry. You get that right? 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

We're talking about a football team, not your pantry. You get that right? 

I’ll ask you, do you NOT get the analogy?  Do YOU get THAT? Or are you not getting that I’m not going to take this TOO seriously? I’m going to relax and see how it goes. Getting worked up accomplishes nothing. That’s a fact, so I’ll chill and watch.  

Just now, Augie said:

I’ll ask you, do you NOT get the analogy?  Do YOU get THAT? Or are you not getting that I’m not going to take this TOO seriously? I’m going to relax and see how it goes. Getting worked up accomplishes nothing. That’s a fact, so I’ll chill and watch.  

I hope you feel better that your pantry is clean now? I'm not sure what to do with this. You should chill.

5 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I hope you feel better that your pantry is clean now? I'm not sure what to do with this. You should chill.

Yes, if you were to look again, you’ll see that’s my plan.   ?

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

It's called yellow journalism. Sensationalism is all the rage these days, as news media is looking to turn any profit through ratings, clicks, subscriptions, whatever. Gotta use shock value and manufacture controversy... push people's buttons. Couple that with the era of instant gratification and a cynical fanbase and VIOLA! A revolving door that never stops because no one can stand to wait long enough for any sort of continuity. 

What in the world does a viola have to do with this!?

preview.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, eanyills said:

What exactly has McBeane shown that gives you any confidence in the “long game?”

I’m not saying they should be fired this year but the burner’s definitely been turned on. If they look like a tire fire the rest of this year and start off poorly next season, they could very well be gone sooner than later.

have you seen his successful drafted starters??

12 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

ESPN + has an article right now. 

The Bills offense is on pace to be the worst ever in over 30 years of tracking. 

They are 52.3% worse than the average NFL offense today. 

Doesn't matter.

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No they aren't.  They are rightfully raising questions that should be discussed. 

No they are not, it's clear they want him gone if we suddenly don't improve , which is not going to happen this year.

11 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

McDermott's seat is neither hot nor warm. It won't be warm next year either. I don't care if the team goes 2-14, he's not going anywhere.

Part of the issue with Marrone, Whaley, and Rex is that they did not have long term security with ownership and therefore made quick-fix moves to buy themselves job security. They didn't have the alignment or the security to be methodical (we could argue about whether they were capable of competent roster building under any circumstances, but that is a different discussion).

McDermott is like family to the Pegulas. If you remember McDermott's introductory presser, Pegula spoke and joked about not having to talk to the media for the next ten years. It will take more than a bad offense or a bad year for the Pegulas to move on from this regime.

Exactly

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Media? 

A number of posters here want him fired

McDermott will survive through 2019 because of Josh Allen alone.

Them too, but we have enough threads on those tards.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Doesn't matter.

No they are not, it's clear they want him gone if we suddenly don't improve , which is not going to happen this year.

This is just ridiculous.  They are posing legitimate questions that should be discussed with the frequency of blowout losses in which the Bills are not competitive.  There's no excuse for how poorly the team played against the Colts. Did you expect praise for the coaching staff after such a terrible performance?  Vic Carucci isn't making any decisions at OBD so it doesn't matter.  Regardless, it's his job to critique every aspect of the operation.

1 or 2 games will not put his job in question.  The amount of time and resources spent to bring in a quality Qb prospect and completely blundering the whole thing may.  Spending the offseason on developing Peterman and that lasting 2 quarters is a reason why.  In a Qb and offensive driven league showing no eye for talent or ability to hire a creative mind is a reason why he would be on the hot seat.  

What a lot of people forget is that everyone thought the Bills would be 0-7 at this point.

Just what this franchise needs the media spin cycle of wash rinse repeat.

Then after they succeed in getting McD gassed they scream loudly that changing coaches every 2 years is not a path to long term success and say what is wrong with this franchise.

Long Live King McD :)

The worst offense of all time should not have an excuse when nearly the entire offense was PUT TOGETHER BY THE DAMN GUY.

WRs: 100% their guys, QBs: 100% their guys, RBs: Everyone but Shady their guys, O-Line: 3/5 Their guys, TE: Everyone buy Clay their guys, Coordinator: Their second guy

Pretty much 7/11 starters on offense are their guys.....

Doesn't matter.

Tre White and Dion Dawkins. Everyone else at this pt is unproven or average to below average NFL starter. Stop overvaluing guys because they are Bills. 

These guys turned 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds into Josh Allen, Edmunds, Kelvin Benjamin, and Harrison Phillips. Whoof. Not saying the book is out but you better hope JA and TE are elite. 

• Like (+1) 1

Amen brother 

32 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/25064152/nfl-buffalo-bills-pace-worst-offense-modern-history

53.2% worse than the average NFL offense.

Worst in 33 years of data. 

On the bright side ... The Bills are in the news.   :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Doesn't matter.

Tre White and Dion Dawkins. Everyone else at this pt is unproven or average to below average NFL starter. Stop overvaluing guys because they are Bills. 

These guys turned 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds into Josh Allen, Edmunds, Kelvin Benjamin, and Harrison Phillips. Whoof. Not saying the book is out but you better hope JA and TE are elite. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They will find the talent mostly in the draft.....but they have the cap space to be competative with anyone in the offseason.....

Who will?  McD?  Daboll? Beane?  In the past 2 drafts it's essentially been Allen and Jones. Suddenly this FO is going to run the table in the next draft for the Offense?

16 hours ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

You can tell by the outlook that McBeane have taken since they got here.  They would not have started an obvious 4-5 year rebuild process if they had any inclination that they would be on the hot seat after year 2, especially after making the playoffs in year 1.  They would have come in and approached the situation very differently, and chances are McDermott discussed this plan in depth with Pegula before he agreed to his contract.

They wouldn't have been hired in the first place if the Pegulas thought that they would put a team on the field that would get blown out by 20 or more points with regularity ...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who will?  McD?  Daboll? Beane?  In the past 2 drafts it's essentially been Allen and Jones. Suddenly this FO is going to run the table in the next draft for the Offense?

Dawkins.  Jones is coming around. 

They have worked the plan to free up cap space and get a bunch of picks.  They have that now.  So it's on them to use that capital wisely.  If they don't they will lose their jobs.  If they do we will have a great team.

Why does it seem so many folks are rooting for the former vs. the latter?

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Dawkins.  Jones is coming around. 

They have worked the plan to free up cap space and get a bunch of picks.  They have that now.  So it's on them to use that capital wisely.  If they don't they will lose their jobs.  If they do we will have a great team.

Why does it seem so many folks are rooting for the former vs. the latter?

Because A: it doesn't take any real talent to unload the talented players from the roster. and B: it takes talent to find their replacements and coach them.  It's "B" tha tposters seem to worry about, given McD's coaching and roster choices in the past year in particular.

He hasn't instilled confidence that he will suddenly be able to draft/assemble a productive offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because A: it doesn't take any real talent to unload the talented players from the roster. and B: it takes talent to find their replacements and coach them.  It's "B" tha tposters seem to worry about, given McD's coaching and roster choices in the past year in particular.

He hasn't instilled confidence that he will suddenly be able to draft/assemble a productive offense. 

So maybe he lets Dabol make a wish list for the draft and FA?

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Is that short for retards?

This team has thrown for under 100 yards passing in 5 of their last 13 games. Most of those were blowouts where they should have been able to get some garbage time passing yards but still could not. So I don't think it's really that crazy to think maybe this coach isn't the best option to develop a QB. Those that want him fired have legitimate concerns with examples of game-time and personnel decisions and stats to back up their stance.

All you have done is call them retards.