Media trying to get McDermott fired.

The media isn't trying to fire mcd, mcd is trying to fire mcd. His teams have gotten blown out with alarming regularity. For as bad as the team has been for 2 decades they haven't gotten blown out that much and the frequency is increasing. For those of you who point out the playoff drought, fine, he took the playoff team he was given and along with beanE, turned it into the laughing stock of football in less than 12 months time. Why exactly shouldn't he be getting criticzed? Because he's fielding a team of good Christian boys who just try gol'durn hard?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Actually he does not. 

With Rex we were 15-16  .484

Coach McDermott presently is sitting on 11-11 .500  If you count playoffs, then yeah, he's 11-12.  .478

Getting the coach fired worked for them with Rex.  Why not crank it up again? They need clicks evidently.

I think what they're doing this year stinks to high heaven.  But I would give them the rest of this year and next.  If the win total does not go up by at least 3, they'd probably be out.

9-7 and 2-5 = 11-12 or 11-13 incl playoffs

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Joining the Buffalo Bills: You have 1 year to make 10 years worth of progress. 

Not true.  Just don't regress to historical levels of low offensive output under the guise of 'the process.'  Chan Gailey made losing sexy lol

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You can only do so much with a team that lacks talent on the offensive side of the ball......

Whether it is intentional (because they didnt expect to win this year) or simply mis evaluating talent (which I really dont think they did....sure there are some flops) you cannot deny the fact that there is an offseason coming with a chance to improve big time....and this HC needs to be evaluated on THAT....not in a year where there was no talent on the offensive side of the ball....

They concentrated on defense this year....and for the most part they are playing lights out

That word, I do not thing it means what you think it means. They have been absolutely torched in half their games this year....and if some of those were not such blowouts, the 2nd halves could have been even worse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I was watching  channel 2 news this morning and Adam Benini and Vic Carrucci were saying that with the way this team is playing that McDermott JUST HAS TO BE on the hot seat. Then they bemoan how bad they played against the Colts and it's just unacceptable for the defense to give up all those points to the 1-5 colts.

Maybe they forgot how critical turnovers are (from the offense) to getting blown out. Guess they forgot how we demolished the Vikings at home and that a superior team can get their butts handed to them by a lesser team.

What I find sad is these clowns can't see the long game that is going on here and that this offseason is going to be used to finish most of the rebuild that is taking place.

McDermott is going nowhere.

I agree.  He gets through the end of the 2019 season, at the VERY least.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Rex.... inherited very talented team that should have done much better then it did

McD....coaching a team with very little offensive talent......and in his first year made the playoffs.....

How can the team be talented with Rex, but McD its not? The majority of Rex guys could have been McD guys right? Taylor, Shady, Watkins, etc. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I agree.  He gets through the end of the 2019 season, at the VERY least.

As he SHOULD. Enough with tearing it down before we know what they’re really building. (Rex was the exception, but he was just a terrible mistake.) 

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

As he SHOULD. Enough with tearing it down before we know what they’re really building. (Rex was the exception, but he was just a terrible mistake.) 

Why was Rex a terrible mistake but McD is not? I dont like either this far. But dont get the Rex was obviously bad when he outperformed McD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I was watching  channel 2 news this morning and Adam Benini and Vic Carrucci were saying that with the way this team is playing that McDermott JUST HAS TO BE on the hot seat. Then they bemoan how bad they played against the Colts and it's just unacceptable for the defense to give up all those points to the 1-5 colts.

Maybe they forgot how critical turnovers are (from the offense) to getting blown out. Guess they forgot how we demolished the Vikings at home and that a superior team can get their butts handed to them by a lesser team.

What I find sad is these clowns can't see the long game that is going on here and that this offseason is going to be used to finish most of the rebuild that is taking place.

McDermott is going nowhere.

Given a choice, I would rather get rid of these "sports media wannabe's" and keep the current Bills GM and coaches. In my opinion, they should be given at least three more years to build a consistent playoff caliber team. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They will be singing his praises when this team gets the offensive talent it needs next offseason.

McD got the team to the playoffs in his first year....he is not going ANNNNYYYYWHEEERE

Weird people don’t defend TT the same way. He had lots to do with why we got there. But coach can destroy the offense and get slack. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You can only do so much with a team that lacks talent on the offensive side of the ball......

Whether it is intentional (because they didnt expect to win this year) or simply mis evaluating talent (which I really dont think they did....sure there are some flops) you cannot deny the fact that there is an offseason coming with a chance to improve big time....and this HC needs to be evaluated on THAT....not in a year where there was no talent on the offensive side of the ball....

They concentrated on defense this year....and for the most part they are playing lights out

Many here have argued that this was not a team bereft of talent when McD showed up.  In fact they have argued that a lot of talent (better than replacements) was dumped in this "process" and THAT is a major reason the Bills find themselves in the sad state they are in.

Every bad team assumes that "next offseason" is the one where the FO really makes all the money moves/picks, etc.  That's not how it works.

And the D certainly is not playing "lights out", unless you mean, "their lights have gone dark".  Just Sunday, in the 2nd Q, they gave up 3 TD drives of 75 or more yards in a row.  They were gashed by Mack to the tune of 126 yds at 6.6 per.

Is there a "chance" they could improve "bigtime" THIS offseason?  Sure--put in the anything can happen file, I guess.  But they way they have handled the fundament position of QB, since TC, through the preseason and the first half of the season should make it very clear to you that McD and Daboll are not sitting with their cards close to the vest with poker faces, waiting to lay down pocket aces in the 2019 off season.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Yeah I think by the end of the 2019 season we will have a better idea what is happening here.  Is Josh Allen a franchise QB?  Is Sean McDermott a good head coach?  Is Brandon Bean a good GM?  Bean is going to be able to prove this off-season what he is all about.  Then we will see what McDermott can do with talent on his roster and we will also see what Josh Allen can do with talent around him.  My fear is the Bills go 6-10 in 2019 and they all get one more year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Why was Rex a terrible mistake but McD is not? I dont like either this far. But dont get the Rex was obviously bad when he outperformed McD. 

Rex took a great defense and managed to foul it up. His ego forced him to do it his way, which hasn’t worked in recent memory.  McD is working with a lack of talent as the cupboard was pretty bare upon arrival. Oh, and Rex was a loud mouth rah rah kind of guy, which I just personally tend to dislike. 

Having said that, if he can’t get the offense going in the right direction, it will lead to the end of the McD era, as it should, but not until he’s had an adequate opportunity to fix things. The revolving door of impatience is a sure way to have a mess on your hands. 

Edited by Augie

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Anyone here err live in Cinci and can brief me on how the Cinci media treat Marvin Lewis.  Dudes been there forever and has never been a SB contender.  There were a few weeks, in his 87 years as head coach, where they may have been considered contenders for the afc.  I can’t inagjne how many negative Nancy articles have been written about him. There has to a Cinci news version of Jerry Sullivan. 

There aren't any Sullivan's here in Cincy. The media is VERY good here, and some question Marvin's coaching over the years and wonder if he'll ever win a playoff game. But there's not a drumbeat of hate against the Bengals.........Marvin has brought the team back to relevancy with his playoff appearances and pro-bowl players alone. 

17 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Its quite annoying honestly...  They are not going anywhere, they have had this plan since the beginning and the Pegula's signed off on it.  How anyone could expect them to be good this year with the dead cap is crazy.  And yes, they are having more mistakes happen this year, that tends to happen when you get a younger team and have rookies handling the ball more...  So we will have to deal with some rookie mistakes, but hopefully in another year or even two years, we will really have a team to be proud of.  They are actually doing EXACTLY what many of TBD have said for yearssssss....   Clean house, Get rid of the dead weight, draft a QB in the 1st round, and build through the draft with a splash of FA signings here and there.  This is what that "process" looks like people....  Put up with it for now and hopefully it leads us to something great!!!  Go BILLS!!!!

How does anyone really know what the Pegulas "signed off on"?!   They may have been Ok with the idea of eating the dead cap this year,.  But coming off the playoffs they are not ok with being the laughingstocks of the NFL and getting blown out by halftime of several games.   

• Thank you (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If anyone is trying to get McDermott fired it is McDermott with his excessive number of blowout losses and his insistence to start a QB who really shouldn't be in the league.  Benigni and Curruci are just doing their jobs.  They are the only ones left in a town where the Pegula's control the narrative on their sports teams willing to ask the tough questions. 

Just now, Augie said:

Rex took a great defense and managed to foul it up. His ego forced him to do it his way, which hasn’t worked in recent memory.  McD is working with a lack of talent as the cupboard was pretty bare upon arrival. Oh, and Rex was a loud mouth rah rah kind of guy, which I just personally tend to dislike. 

It's interesting, if you look at our last 3 HC's (not counting Lynn's interim game) Marrone's specialty was supposedly OL and our OL became awful during his tenure. Rex was known for defense and he came in and destroyed a top 5 defense. At least with McD the Defense is improving (albeit inconsistent). That gives me hope that as pieces get put into place the O will improve. Trouble is I have serious questions on whether our FO can adequately evaluate offensive talent.

• Like (+1) 2