Media trying to get McDermott fired.

43 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Yes, in a historically unreplical season where they backed in off another team collapsing. How impressive. 

You can say that about any team who’s needed help to get in since the wild card format was introduced. Don’t overlook the fact they had to bounce back from a midseason skid, which they did, and win against Miami earlier that same day. Were you saying this same thing the day that the drought was broken? 

59 minutes ago, PIZ said:

They don't realize that Bean and McDermott and the Pegulas all expected this to happen.  They expected 2017 and 2018 to be bad seasons.  Being a playoff team in 2017 was great, but it gave EVERYONE unrealistic expectations for 2018.  2017 and 2018 were always about tearing it down, while adding some key pieces or young players growing (Hyde, Poyer, Allen, Edmunds, Dawkins, Jones) and 2019 was about building it back up.  That has always been the plan.  McDermott hasn't been preaching about the "PROCESS" for nothing.

I hiiiiiiighly doubt it. I highly doubt they brought in Beane and he’s like “oh yeah, all this talent? Pffft, “I” can do better. I mean, sure, we’re gonna ***** blow chunks for like 3-4 years (even if this team makes the playoffs this year) but these people have waited 17 years...what’s 4 more between friends? Plus, these fans will pay anything to watch a jizz sock take on Brady. *laughs*”

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

... The Raiders have drat capital, They have 3 first round picks.

The Bills have 4 additional 4-7 round picks.

the only reason this carries any weight at all is because the Raiders actually drafted players worth something that they were able to turn around for capital. Buffalo, not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

They have an extra 4th 5th and 7th next year. That’s the difference we are counting on to make the difference?  I don’t get the 10 draft picks excitement.  

Very least?  He has the worst offense in 30 years.  That’s not a rebuild. Many teams have rebuilt in the last 30 years without being pathetic. 

Not pathetic like the Ofer Lions, Browns x1, and then oh yeah they did win at least one game another time; the 2016 Rams, Colts post Manning, the Jags before Marrone...is that a decent place to start? 

11 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

There aren't any Sullivan's here in Cincy. The media is VERY good here, and some question Marvin's coaching over the years and wonder if he'll ever win a playoff game. But there's not a drumbeat of hate against the Bengals.........Marvin has brought the team back to relevancy with his playoff appearances and pro-bowl players alone. 

Funny how the media responds when a team has been consistently competitive for years, right?

• Like (+1) 1

It's called yellow journalism. Sensationalism is all the rage these days, as news media is looking to turn any profit through ratings, clicks, subscriptions, whatever. Gotta use shock value and manufacture controversy... push people's buttons. Couple that with the era of instant gratification and a cynical fanbase and VIOLA! A revolving door that never stops because no one can stand to wait long enough for any sort of continuity. 

14 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

They have an extra 4th 5th and 7th next year. That’s the difference we are counting on to make the difference?  I don’t get the 10 draft picks excitement.  

This team has proven to be able to hit on later draft picks.  Matt Milano (5th) and Taron Johnson (4th) are good examples.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I was watching  channel 2 news this morning and Adam Benini and Vic Carrucci were saying that with the way this team is playing that McDermott JUST HAS TO BE on the hot seat. Then they bemoan how bad they played against the Colts and it's just unacceptable for the defense to give up all those points to the 1-5 colts.

Maybe they forgot how critical turnovers are (from the offense) to getting blown out. Guess they forgot how we demolished the Vikings at home and that a superior team can get their butts handed to them by a lesser team.

What I find sad is these clowns can't see the long game that is going on here and that this offseason is going to be used to finish most of the rebuild that is taking place.

McDermott is going nowhere.

McDermott's seat is neither hot nor warm. It won't be warm next year either. I don't care if the team goes 2-14, he's not going anywhere.

Part of the issue with Marrone, Whaley, and Rex is that they did not have long term security with ownership and therefore made quick-fix moves to buy themselves job security. They didn't have the alignment or the security to be methodical (we could argue about whether they were capable of competent roster building under any circumstances, but that is a different discussion).

McDermott is like family to the Pegulas. If you remember McDermott's introductory presser, Pegula spoke and joked about not having to talk to the media for the next ten years. It will take more than a bad offense or a bad year for the Pegulas to move on from this regime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
11 minutes ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

It's called yellow journalism. Sensationalism is all the rage these days, as news media is looking to turn any profit through ratings, clicks, subscriptions, whatever. Gotta use shock value and manufacture controversy... push people's buttons. Couple that with the era of instant gratification and a cynical fanbase and VIOLA! A revolving door that never stops because no one can stand to wait long enough for any sort of continuity. 

Your post is *****.  Carucci is respected nation wide in football circles and Begnini does a good job in my opinion.  The team is 2-5, gets blown out 50% of the time and the McDermott/Peterman saga has been national embarrassment on more than one occasion over two seasons.  Continuity is one thing, continuity of suck and embarrassment is another.  They have bungled not only the QB position but the entire offense.  The offense is bad enough that unless Allen is great next season, it is probably going to be pretty bad next year as well. 

Yellow journalism, lmao.  If the Bills and McDermott don't want to be criticized and questioned, put a better product on the field.  Not only is the offense the worst in the league, it is worse than any we had during the entire 17 year drought.  McDermott is lucky he is in a small market like Buffalo where most of the media will cower to his browbeating.  If he were in NYC, Boston, etc., he would have already been torn a new *****.

6 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

McDermott's seat is neither hot nor warm. It won't be warm next year either. I don't care if the team goes 2-14, he's not going anywhere.

Part of the issue with Marrone, Whaley, and Rex is that they did not have long term security with ownership and therefore made quick-fix moves to buy themselves job security. They didn't have the alignment or the security to be methodical (we could argue about whether they were capable of competent roster building under any circumstances, but that is a different discussion).

McDermott is like family to the Pegulas. If you remember McDermott's introductory presser, Pegula spoke and joked about not having to talk to the media for the next ten years. It will take more than a bad offense or a bad year for the Pegulas to move on from this regime.

Are you willing to put the TBD standard $5000 on that one?  If we are bad again next year and the offense doesn't show a major improvement I bet he is gone. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Rex took a great defense and managed to foul it up. His ego forced him to do it his way, which hasn’t worked in recent memory.  McD is working with a lack of talent as the cupboard was pretty bare upon arrival. Oh, and Rex was a loud mouth rah rah kind of guy, which I just personally tend to dislike. 

Having said that, if he can’t get the offense going in the right direction, it will lead to the end of the McD era, as it should, but not until he’s had an adequate opportunity to fix things. The revolving door of impatience is a sure way to have a mess on your hands. 

So the decline is Rex fault. But for McD it is planned? And Rex ruined he defense equals being the 15-16th best in the league. Meanwhile McD defense is 16-18th best at that is called elite. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Flip Johnson said:

I hope Coach McDermott and Beane don't over estimate their runway.  With as bad as they are doing, it could be shortening on them come next year if they don't win 7 or 8 games at the very least.

A couple of points come to mind here. One, the Bills Parcells line "The coach that is rebuilding is rebuilding for the next coach that comes in."  And the moniker for what NFL stand for "Not For Long".

Rex blew it by not having a good D.  but I liked his idea better.  We got a 9-7 team, let's just build on that and make a run at this thing.  Poor execution killed it though.  Hopefully Coach McDermott and Beane can execute better (they did last year).

What happened to win and rebuild at the same time?  Don't hear that too much anymore.

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Are you willing to put the TBD standard $5000 on that one?  If we are bad again next year and the offense doesn't show a major improvement I bet he is gone. 

they might not last the season if that happens.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

I hope Coach McDermott and Beane don't over estimate their runway.  With as bad as they are doing, it could be shortening on them come next year if they don't win 7 or 8 games at the very least.

A couple of points come to mind here. One, the Bills Parcells line "The coach that is rebuilding is rebuilding for the next coach that comes in."  And the moniker for what NFL stand for "Not For Long".

Rex blew it by not having a good D.  but I liked his idea better.  We got a 9-7 team, let's just build on that and make a run at this thing.  Poor execution killed it though.  Hopefully Coach McDermott and Beane can execute better (they did last year).

What happened to win and rebuild at the same time?  Don't hear that too much anymore.

I don't think the "fire McDermott" crowd understands how desperately Terry & Kim want continuity. It doesn't matter that the Peterman situation was bungled or that a talent-poor team has taken some rough losses. They didn't fire Rex for going 8-8 - they HAD to fire him because his behavior was so embarassing. 

When McDermott was hired Terry talked about faith, family, character, etc. This is the guy they want. They are going to ride or die with him for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

I was watching  channel 2 news this morning and Adam Benini and Vic Carrucci were saying that with the way this team is playing that McDermott JUST HAS TO BE on the hot seat. Then they bemoan how bad they played against the Colts and it's just unacceptable for the defense to give up all those points to the 1-5 colts.

Maybe they forgot how critical turnovers are (from the offense) to getting blown out. Guess they forgot how we demolished the Vikings at home and that a superior team can get their butts handed to them by a lesser team.

What I find sad is these clowns can't see the long game that is going on here and that this offseason is going to be used to finish most of the rebuild that is taking place.

The Media? 

A number of posters here want him fired

McDermott will survive through 2019 because of Josh Allen alone.

38 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

There aren't any Sullivan's here in Cincy. The media is VERY good here, and some question Marvin's coaching over the years and wonder if he'll ever win a playoff game. But there's not a drumbeat of hate against the Bengals.........Marvin has brought the team back to relevancy with his playoff appearances and pro-bowl players alone. 

I wonder if that’s the reason he still has a job 

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott is trying to get HIMSELF FIRED by making poor player decisions and his comments not jibing with what is going on in games. By far his legacy will be the all in mentality with Nate Peterman and leaving him and Allen out to dry if he continues to blunder. This league is WAY too offensively tilted for us to slog through games with a terrible offense. 2019 is rebuilding mode with all that free cap space, HOWEVER if McDermott doesn't make good decisions with the personnel, it will all be for naught. I am sick and tired of defensive head coaches that think they can win with defense and a sprinkle of offense. Enough.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Lot of "dead weight" starting for quality NFL teams including penciled in SB teams LA and KC.  Also last yaer's SB winner and AFC Championship game participant Jax.

Ronald Darby - Supposedly didn't buy into the zone defense we were installing...  So rather than have him be a cancer, they got something for him, can't fault them there

Marcel Dareus - Was worthless on our team, put in very little effort, and was a cancer, not someone you want influencing your young up and coming rookies

As for in LA, I'm not sure if you were referring to Robey-Coleman or Woods, but I 100% wanted to keep Woods and believe it was a mistake IF Woods was open to staying in Buffalo and they sent him packing.  Robey I believe is JAG.

And KC, I am assuming you are referring to Watkins and not Ragland, and Watkins has shown that he was nothing special, certainly not worth the $$ he wanted/received from KC.

You make it sound like our players that we sent packing are integral parts of these SB teams when in reality they are far from it and were great teams before those players arrived.