Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

17 hours ago, Hedge said:

Great work Justice Democrats. Please ensure that only a super crazy remains standing.

The above is why he could beat Trump and also why he will never get the chance. The Dems are set for action. Ready, aim...

image.png.badc9c3e50b69ea457503851efb5b356.png

Edited by BeginnersMind

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Justice Democrats = Young Turks. 

Worthless ideology all around. 

They get all my campaign money. I love them. They need to be more vocal. They need to get in people's faces. They're the only hope the left has, and we must do everything we can to give them the platform and megaphones they so genuinely deserve.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sleepy Joe is apparently far more accurate than I considered. 

And this circles back to my questions of why he is running - money, favors, or to try and stay out of jail?

LOL This is true, actually. I know I couldn't keep up with his schedule, and he's the same age as my parents!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:
Social justice warriors are going to utterly maul Joe Biden
by Eddie Scarry

Original Article

A letter to the editor in the Seattle Times this morning had a letter to the editor that flat out said Uncle Joe was the wrong age and the wrong gender to run.

Aegism and sexism are OK I guess and a good way to make a decision? :w00t::censored:

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, I am a little surprised that Joe became a candidate.  Truly thought him reflecting on his age and career and the rugged effort needed to raise money and win would deter him.  Wrong on that count. 

He's gonna have a tough time beating Bernie IMO and Joe sucking up 25% support or so will probably keep the 2nd tier of candidates from mounting a challenge. 

Joe Biden would make a terrible president. He has no imbedded political philosophy. Not only that, he can't make up his mind and react without considering, reconsidering and rereconsidering and only deciding upon a course of action when he absolutely needs to make a decision.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember both Obama and Trump being far back in their prospective fields when the debates started. No one knows who will come out of this primary yet. I wouldn't bet against  mayor Pete from South Bend. He's not an old guy,  served in the military, is Harvard educated, isn't a Washington insider, is gay (which is enough to satisfy the far left liberals that want some form of minority representation) and comes from the Midwest where the unions used to vote democrat but votes Trump. Anyone who thinks Hillary will run is off there rocker. She knows her negative image is just as negative as Trumps I think she has come to terms with that. 

12 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I remember both Obama and Trump being far back in their prospective fields when the debates started. No one knows who will come out of this primary yet. I wouldn't bet against  mayor Pete from South Bend. He's not an old guy,  served in the military, is Harvard educated, isn't a Washington insider, is gay (which is enough to satisfy the far left liberals that want some form of minority representation) and comes from the Midwest where the unions used to vote democrat but votes Trump. Anyone who thinks Hillary will run is off there rocker. She knows her negative image is just as negative as Trumps I think she has come to terms with that. 

we all knew Trump was going to win the moment he descended to the world on his escalator, like a god emperor

Screen-Shot-2019-04-26-at-16.51.40.png

And while some Republicans are gleeful that the Democrats are acting so crazy because they think it helps Trump in 2020, remember that even if that’s true, sooner or later the Democrats will be back in power.

IMG_1574.jpg?resize=489%2C600&ssl=1

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

Robert Francis packs the (doll) house:

So many excuses:

Need some Clintonian photo shopping of the same people to make a dozen seem like 13,000 people at a rally

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve never seen a guy fade as fast as from the public arena as Beto has. I’m about as far from a ‘progressive’ as you can get but I have absolutely no idea what the Dems are doing here! Every week some other insider government guy decides they’re going to run for President. Seems pretty disrespectful to the first twenty swamp dwellers already in line, and each new one sounds EXACTLY like the first twenty. I’m hoping a unicorn comes out next...at least there’ll be a clear choice.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Battling the Democrats’ big lie about Donald Trump
by Michael Goodwin

Original Article

No doubt you’ve heard a Democrat or two declare that President Trump is a “threat to our democracy.” Joe Biden used his campaign launch to up the ante, saying that the 2020 election is a “battle for the soul” of America and warning that if Trump gets a second term, “he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation.”

Ho hum. The suggestion that the president is the personification of evil and is destroying all that makes America exceptional has become so routine that it’s easy to ignore it. 

Biden: The Democrats’ Flavor of the Week
by Clarice Feldman

Original Article

Nice try Beto. Starting with a fake name didn´t help

Beto O’Rourke switches his style and tone as the spotlight dims
Washington Post, by Jenna Johnson

Original Article

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve never seen a guy fade as fast as from the public arena as Beto has. I’m about as far from a ‘progressive’ as you can get but I have absolutely no idea what the Dems are doing here! Every week some other insider government guy decides they’re going to run for President. Seems pretty disrespectful to the first twenty swamp dwellers already in line, and each new one sounds EXACTLY like the first twenty. I’m hoping a unicorn comes out next...at least there’ll be a clear choice.

Figure it’s a strategic push to force the Trump re-election to divide their research and planning resources among several “possible” candidates, or.....it's basically the clown show it appears to be. [coin flip]

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hillary will announce by Thanksgiving 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440907-chasten-buttigieg-emerges-as-mayor-petes-secret-weapon

“Chasten Buttigieg has emerged as a star in the Democratic primary, becoming a key part of his husband Pete Buttigieg’s campaign and helping the South Bend, Ind., mayor stand out in a crowded field. The 29-year-old junior high school humanities and drama teacher from Michigan not only functions as a sought-after campaign spokesman and adviser, but he is also helping humanize the first openly gay major presidential candidate in a country that legalized same-sex marriage only four years ago.”

For eight years, 44 was allowed to operate with the media's backing as a "scandal free" potus because no one wanted to be the guy or gal criticizing the country's first black president (second, technically but I digress). 

Joe won't get that same pass -- which is why it's real dumb of him to be running. He's going to be a backdoor into exposing the rot of the last administration. Joe will get found out for his illegal activities undertaken on behalf of his son, and since he was involved in SpyGate, he'll get outted for that and leave the whole thing on Obama's doorstep. 

Trump knows all this -- and the above tweet is a bit of foreshadowing for Joe's fate.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For eight years, 44 was allowed to operate with the media's backing as a "scandal free" potus because no one wanted to be the guy or gal criticizing the country's first black president (second, technically but I digress). 

Joe won't get that same pass -- which is why it's real dumb of him to be running. He's going to be a backdoor into exposing the rot of the last administration. Joe will get found out for his illegal activities undertaken on behalf of his son, and since he was involved in SpyGate, he'll get outted for that and leave the whole thing on Obama's doorstep. 

Trump knows all this -- and the above tweet is a bit of foreshadowing for Joe's fate.

I wonder if Biden running is more about playing the 'political persecution' card, when the hammer drops,than actually wanting to be President.

• Like (+1) 2