Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

Just now, Koko78 said:

I wonder if Biden running is more about playing the 'political persecution' card, when the hammer drops,than actually wanting to be President.

That's my hunch -- and because he's so dim, he's unwittingly making it worse for himself instead of better. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I wonder if Biden running is more about playing the 'political persecution' card, when the hammer drops,than actually wanting to be President.

I have wondered the same.

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's my hunch -- and because he's so dim, he's unwittingly making it worse for himself instead of better. 

There is an awful lot of that going around the days. So much for our "betters" being the "best and brightest".

Joe's giving a rally right now. It's a snooze fest. 

I'm waiting for the first heckler at one of his events when he starts talking about his family to ask about Hunter and his misadventures in China and Ukraine. That will be prime time TV. 

*haven't shown one wide shot to see how many people are there, but when the applause starts it sounds like a tomb. 

... Now he's talking about fixing "our broken political system" -- of which he's been a cog in the machine for how long? 

Joe... this isn't going to go well for you.

This is great news for everyone. Your savings for what you *thought* were going to be the 2 last years can be spent NOW!

LOL @ AOC and her 12 years, sucker. You can't take it with you.

Edited by Hedge

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True -- though he unfortunately has some financial backing that's strong enough to keep him propping him back up after getting exposed over and over again. Would love to know who it is. 

The same reason his hedge fund operation went down in smoke with multiple lawsuits.  He's a grifter.  He gets fanatic and gullible people to donate to him because he can "expose" Trump's enemies.  Here's an example of him asking for money saying he'll expose Omar.

Screen_Shot_2019_03_01_at_1.46.14_PM.png

• Like (+1) 1

https://client.prod.iaff.org/#contentid=91986

IAFF endorses Biden and Trump goes nuts! 

As the 2020 Democratic primary for president of the United States heats up, the IAFF is supporting the one candidate who will protect our members on the job, help keep fire departments fully staffed and support your right to have a voice in the workplace.

Based on his unequaled record on our union’s basket of issues and our long-standing core value of having our friends’ backs, the IAFF Executive Board - your elected representatives who make decisions on your behalf - has voted unanimously to endorse Joe Biden in his run for president of the United States in the Democratic primary.

In addition, we did our due diligence and commissioned Zogby Strategies, a renowned national polling company, to conduct a poll targeting a sample of our 160,000 members who are likely to vote in their state's Democratic presidential primary. With a margin of error of 2.6 percent, the results showed that Biden has a strong lead over all contenders in the Democratic primary.  

Biden's record of support includes establishing the Public Safety Officers Benefit (PSOB) that today provides critical financial support ($359,000) to the families of our fallen and creating laws that continue to ensure our members get paid overtime after 53 hours of work. He has been there for us on our core basket of issues and will be there as we work to pass national collective bargaining and increase funding for the SAFER and FIRE Act grant programs.

The announcement video below further explains the reasons for our union's support of Joe Biden and why it is vital for the IAFF to play a role in the Democratic party’s nominating process.

:lol:

a Trump Twitter rant:

I’ll never get the support of Dues Crazy union leadership, those people who rip-off their membership with ridiculously high dues, medical and other expenses while being paid a fortune. But the members love Trump. They look at our record economy, tax & reg cuts, military etc. WIN!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 29, 2019

The Dues Sucking firefighters leadership will always support Democrats, even though the membership wants me. Some things never change!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 29, 2019

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

May want to check your source there.

Why? The #metoo movement doesn't care about real claims. Lying does not matter to the #metoo movement. Facts do not matter to the #metoo movement. So the guy lied? So it is a case of stolen identity? So what? It is for the "greater good" isn't it?

Yeah, I thought not. 

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True -- though he unfortunately has some financial backing that's strong enough to keep him propping him back up after getting exposed over and over again. Would love to know who it is. 

My guess would be Kamala. She's dying in the polls even with a machine and money behind her. Gotta knock out the new kid on the block that is sucking up all the oxygen. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Why? The #metoo movement doesn't care about real claims. Lying does not matter to the #metoo movement. Facts do not matter to the #metoo movement. So the guy lied? So it is a case of stolen identity? So what? It is for the "greater good" isn't it?

Yeah, I thought not. 

My guess would be Kamala. She's dying in the polls even with a machine and money behind her. Gotta knock out the new kid on the block that is sucking up all the oxygen. 

The excitement people have for believing and sharing lies that back up their preconceived positions *is* the Internet media. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Former Vice President Joe Biden hit back at President Trump on Monday shortly after Trump unleashed a string of Twitter attacks on the Democratic presidential candidate. 'I’m sick of this President badmouthing unions. . . . Labor built the middle class in this country. Minimum wage, overtime pay, the 40-hour week: they exist for all of us because unions fought for those rights. We need a President who honors them and their work.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/441162-biden-fires-back-at-trump-im-sick-of-this-president-badmouthing-unions

Give 'em Hell, Joe!! 

Again................satire, but is it really.....................with the democrat party it is hard to tell

Biden Vows To Return Nation To Era When Press Didn't Bother Reporting On President's Scandals

Image result for speech

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-vows-to-return-nation-to-era-when-press-didnt-bother-reporting-on-presidents-scandals?%3Futm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand

• Haha (+1) 2

New 2020 @CNN poll just out:

Biden 39%

Sanders 15%

Warren 8%

Buttigieg 7%

O’Rourke 6%

Harris 5%

Booker 2%

Gabbard 2%

Klobuchar 2%

Castro 1%

Gillibrand 1%

Inslee 1%

Swalwell 1%

Williamson 1%

Yang 1%

de Blasio <1%

Ryan <1%

Bennet 0%

Delaney 0%

Hickenlooper 0%

Messam 0%

Moulton 0%

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'd vote for her.  We're doing pretty well with an incompetent ass in the White House, so let's keep the trend alive.

Trump may be many things but incompetent is not one of them. Since by your own admission we are doing "pretty well" with Trump, why wouldn't you want to stay the course?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

This is great news for everyone. Your savings for what you *thought* were going to be the 2 last years can be spent NOW!

LOL @ AOC and her 12 years, sucker. You can't take it with you.

First thing I thought of...

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted: I would go for the 7.

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.

Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]

Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted: Why?

Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're *****in' fired!

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

New 2020 @CNN poll just out:

Biden 39%

Sanders 15%

Warren 8%

Buttigieg 7%

O’Rourke 6%

Harris 5%

Booker 2%

Gabbard 2%

Klobuchar 2%

Castro 1%

Gillibrand 1%

Inslee 1%

Swalwell 1%

Williamson 1%

Yang 1%

de Blasio <1%

Ryan <1%

Bennet 0%

Delaney 0%

Hickenlooper 0%

Messam 0%

Moulton 0%

That poll is racist and sexist.  How dare they put two old white guys in such a favorable light.  Where is the woman who was braying like a donkey about white people should not be a part of the Democratic Party.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

That poll is racist and sexist.  How dare they put two old white guys in such a favorable light.  Where is the woman who was braying like a donkey about white people should not be a part of the Democratic Party.

She joined the Biden Campaign...............................................................no really.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

As the 2020 Democratic primary for president of the United States heats up, the IAFF is supporting the one candidate who will protect our members on the job, help keep fire departments fully staffed and support your right to have a voice in the workplace.

Based on his unequaled record on our union’s basket of issues and our long-standing core value of having our friends’ backs, the IAFF Executive Board - your elected representatives who make decisions on your behalf - has voted unanimously to endorse Joe Biden in his run for president of the United States in the Democratic primary.

In addition, we did our due diligence and commissioned Zogby Strategies, a renowned national polling company, to conduct a poll targeting a sample of our 160,000 members who are likely to vote in their state's Democratic presidential primary. With a margin of error of 2.6 percent, the results showed that Biden has a strong lead over all contenders in the Democratic primary.  

Biden's record of support includes establishing the Public Safety Officers Benefit (PSOB) that today provides critical financial support ($359,000) to the families of our fallen and creating laws that continue to ensure our members get paid overtime after 53 hours of work. He has been there for us on our core basket of issues and will be there as we work to pass national collective bargaining and increase funding for the SAFER and FIRE Act grant programs.

The announcement video below further explains the reasons for our union's support of Joe Biden and why it is vital for the IAFF to play a role in the Democratic party’s nominating process.

Decisions like tis probably had something to do with it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/business/economy/gig-economy-workers-contractors.html

As a result, the unidentified company — whose workers, it appears, clean residences — will not have to offer the federal minimum wage or overtime, or pay a share of Social Security taxes. And while the decision officially applies only to that company, legal experts said it was likely to affect a much larger portion of the industry.

Unions won us things like federal minimum wage or overtime, or pay a share of Social Security taxes.

More money and help for big bidness ...

Screw the little person cleaning other peoples houses trying to put food on his/her family.  Might need to hustle more contracts and work longer hours.  Oh well.  CEO pay will be higher.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/business/economy/gig-economy-workers-contractors.html

Unions won us things like federal minimum wage or overtime, or pay a share of Social Security taxes.

Screw the little person cleaning other peoples houses trying to put food on his/her family.  Might need to hustle more contracts and work longer hours.  Oh well.  CEO pay will be higher.

They are contracted workers who get a 1099 and are not subject to certain laws. If they want different circumstances then they can change those circumstances themselves, especially with such a good economy.

42 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Need a union for the little person cleaning other people’s houses 

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

They are contracted workers who get a 1099 and are not subject to certain laws. If they want different circumstances then they can change those circumstances themselves, especially with such a good economy.

True.  I see your point.

However, the gig economy is growing and still in it's early stages.  I just find it very disturbing that our country did IMHO a great thing in the early 20th century acquiring workers rights like a 40 hour work week, paid vacation, sick leave, SS contributions, child labor laws, etc.  Now in the name of cool and tech we're ready to toss it all away.

True companies will still  have employees, but there will be less and less if they can pay less then minimum wage etc.  America loves cheap labor.  Feels like we're doing it to ourselves this time with all the excitement and empty promises of being an entrepreneur and working your own (longer) hours. 

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

True.  I see your point.

However, the gig economy is growing and still in it's early stages.  I just find it very disturbing that our country did IMHO a great thing in the early 20th century acquiring workers rights like a 40 hour work week, paid vacation, sick leave, SS contributions, child labor laws, etc.  Now in the name of cool and tech we're ready to toss it all away.

True companies will still  have employees, but there will be less and less if they can pay less then minimum wage etc.  America loves cheap labor.  Feels like we're doing it to ourselves this time with all the excitement and empty promises of being an entrepreneur and working your own (longer) hours. 

Supply and demand will take care of the minimum wage thing. The federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. Some states have no minimum wage laws so the federal law takes precedence. Many states have their own set minimum wages. For example, California's is $12.00 an hour. NYS minimum wage is $11.10 an hour. My local (NYS) Walmarts have a sandwich board at their entrances advertising for help with a starting wage of $13.75 an hour. They've been up for months. No minimum wage caused Walmart to pay $2.65 an hour in excess of it.

I refuse to pay to read the NYT so I can't remark about their article specifically but can't imagine based on the above that it is really telling the true story.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Alright! Now if only the FBI doesn't announce an investigation into Biden sending emails ten days before the election we will be saved

2020 ELECTIONS

Biden extends lead by 11 points in CNN poll with post-announcement surge

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/30/biden-2020-democratic-primary-lead-1292678

We're screwed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1