Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, 3rdnlng said:

Sad retort. When one is incapable of debating the subject, change it, eh? 

You "The Republican positions (generally speaking) tend to be based more on what's best for this country. "

Me: "Yes, the Republicans monetary responsibility that benefits the country is awe-inspiring." 

Let me try it this way. 

You: Spot is a good dog. 

Me: Spot just crapped in your Cheerios. 

Edited by John Adams

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And every single one of the dem candidates is watching the results in Britain tonight with puckered b-holes. 

The media machine didn't work, again, and the people are loudly speaking out against the progressive/globalist agenda once again. Will the same hold true in 2020 here?

image.jpeg.8ab80c06775554a1f15b9dd796948fdb.jpeg

Those Russians are really effin good at election steering (except in the 2018 midterm, cough cough). 

Holy crap! I thought the idea of Hillary running again was just a talking point to terrorize the masses, but apparently, she's had a lot of work done ala Joe Biden (there is a before and after in that article).  And, it is a  "youthful" article (because nothing says spry like being tossed into the back of a van as you collapse on the street).

Here's a close-up. You all can thank me later. :) (I have running shoes on)

yikes.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Holy crap! I thought the idea of Hillary running again was just a talking point to terrorize the masses, but apparently, she's had a lot of work done ala Joe Biden (there is a before and after in that article).  And, it is a  "youthful" article (because nothing says spry like being tossed into the back of a van as you collapse on the street).

yikes.jpg

I don't care how many wrinkles were removed.

If Hillary really wants to show me she's youthful, let me see her climb down a flight of stairs all by herself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Tulsi Gabbard makes fans of Trump supporters in New Hampshire

Gabbard sprinkles her stump speech with nods to unity and talks about how she wants to build a bridge between the parties. She regularly attacks both Democratic and Republican orthodoxy, particularly on foreign policy, and casts herself as someone who understands the system but wants to disrupt it, an argument that drew voters to Trump four years ago.

The congresswoman decries the tenor of politics -- "hyper partisan divisiveness getting in the way of progress," she said this week -- and, when asked about impeaching Trump, Gabbard expressed skepticism.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/13/politics/tulsi-gabbard-new-hampshire/index.html

As a Independent who likes to see bipartisan compromise , I like her views. Her poll numbers are so low now , so  maybe a VP candidate. 

On 12/13/2019 at 12:51 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

yikes.jpg

I'd still throw a shoe at her in a Bush sort of way. 

Bloomberg is already being challenged on the issue by Democratic presidential primary rival Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.), who late Monday afternoon called for the women to be released from the nondisclosure agreements.

"I think NDAs are a way for people to hide bad things they've done," Warren said, according to Washington Post reporter Amy Wang. "And I think that women should be able to speak. They need to be released from NDAs."

"When women raise concerns like this, we have to pay attention," Warren said. "We have to listen to them—and if Bloomberg has made comments like this then he has to answer for them."

image.png.21dcc06d0bd89226ab354e8eba209533.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Left Is Itching to Repeal Your Tax Cuts. Here’s What That Would Mean.

by Adam Michel

Original Article

It’s no secret that Democrats want to raise taxes on the rich. They are less willing to admit that their plan would actually raise taxes and shrink economic opportunity for the middle class. Since the 2017 tax cuts are now two years old, it’s worth revisiting the most universally agreed upon Democratic proposal to raise your taxes: the Repeal the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

Leading Democrats like Sens. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., have said they want to roll back the 2017 tax cuts.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I don't know where the money to repair needed infrastructure is going to come from ?

when a major bridge collapses and many die, then it's probably time to think of putting some $$$ there

4 hours ago, ALF said:

I don't know where the money to repair needed infrastructure is going to come from ?

Government should be providing for national defense, infrastructure, etc as its core mission.  Cut areas that are not core but are an individual responsibility.

Before the negative posts come flying in, I do not want to see Americans starve as an example.  There are people who need a temporary bridge and they should get it.  It should not be forever without a significant reason.

The easiest example of government not finding personal responsibility are the calls to forgive student loan debt.  Pandering at its worst.  Build a bridge with that money.

• Like (+1) 1

On December 17, 2019 at 1:53 PM, DC Tom said:

"Just look at who are some of the worst presidents in history.  Bush, Bush Jr., Buchanan.  We shouldn't elect presidents whose last names begin with 'B'."  

Pat Buchanan was never President.  He lost in the primary.

• Haha (+1) 1