Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY: 

Pete Buttigieg goes ‘full AOC,’ tells a bunch of kids that the Constitution’s Framers ‘did not understand that slavery was a bad thing’ (video).

Ted Cruz educates Pete Buttigieg

by Thomas Lifson

Original Article

Pete Buttigieg is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. Yesterday, Senator Ted Cruz devastatingly humiliated him for shooting his mouth off when he doesn’t know what he’ s talking about. In case you missed it, Buttigieg recently instructed a group of youngsters, "The people who wrote the Constitution did not understand that slavery was a bad thing." That sort of criticism and condescension is part of the larger progressive project to disparage and eventually reject the United States Constitution

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But you can still hear Don Cherry's suits.

"You people" ought to know that he's been pretty much out of sight for the last two months. If he's out of sight those loud suits might just as well be whispering. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

"You people" ought to know that he's been pretty much out of sight for the last two months. If he's out of sight those loud suits might just as well be whispering. 

Cherry might be out of sight, but his suits are still visible (and audible) from orbit.

Julian Castro drops out 
of 2020 presidential race

by Paul Steinhauser

Original Article

Julian Castro, the former Obama housing secretary and San Antonio mayor, has dropped out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination. The only Latino in the field, Castro established himself as one of the more progressive members in the primary race but had been struggling to raise money and fight his way back onto the debate stage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

As a independent  I supported Ross Perot , John Kasich  and now Tulsi Gabbard , what a winning track record I have.

I've yet to vote for a winning presidential candidate and have often (but not always) voted for one of the two party nominees. 

Edited by John Adams

1 hour ago, ALF said:

As a independent  I supported Ross Perot , John Kasich  and now Tulsi Gabbard , what a winning track record I have.

too young for John Anderson?

(the singer spelled it diff)

19 minutes ago, section122 said:

Now we are demonizing teachers?

My father was a teacher. ?

With that said, he voted Democrat his whole life because that is who was willing to give the teachers $$ contracts. When he began teaching ('63) he left a FT gig at Chevy. He took a 65% pay cut to teach. Teachers were severely underpaid back then.

My niece is now a teacher (same school district my father taught in for 35+ years). The pay is not the issue these days, but it is difficult to turn off the money spigot. You (generic you) keep voting for the people who give you more money, power (control), and the people that will further your agenda. Apparently, the teachers unions (and the teachers themselves) feel that person is Bernie. Goodness knows the public school curriculum of the past 30 years has been so fabulous, it should continue on course. ? ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, row_33 said:

too young for John Anderson?

(the singer spelled it diff)

I always wanted John Anderson the actor to take a run for POTUS.  The guy always looked like he would not back down easily judging from the Westerns he did.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My father was a teacher. ?

With that said, he voted Democrat his whole life because that is who was willing to give the teachers $$ contracts. When he began teaching ('63) he left a FT gig at Chevy. He took a 65% pay cut to teach. Teachers were severely underpaid back then.

My niece is now a teacher (same school district my father taught in for 35+ years). The pay is not the issue these days, but it is difficult to turn off the money spigot. You (generic you) keep voting for the people who give you more money, power (control), and the people that will further your agenda. Apparently, the teachers unions (and the teachers themselves) feel that person is Bernie. Goodness knows the public school curriculum of the past 30 years has been so fabulous, it should continue on course. ? ?

Both of my parents were teachers as well.  They didn't vote for money but for who would take education seriously and that they thought cared about the youth of America.  Most teachers i know do not like Betsy DeVos.  She does not align with them.  Both of my parents are republican.

Pay is still an issue at many schools and for many teachers.  The hours the work outside of the classroom, the lack of funding, and the need to deal with zany parents are also issues. 

I think its funny you chose a 30 year demarcation line.  The last 30 years include 3 republican presidents and 2 democrats.  16 years to 14 years dem to republican control.  Surely if education is such a mess then the blame is split?

Lastly, is it a surprise that people who dedicate their lives to bettering others support a candidate with similar ideals?  Bernie isnt a perfect candidate but his track record on equal rights for minorities and lgtb is better and longer than any other candidate.  He has an authenticity that the Bidens, Clintons, and Warrens of the world lack.  

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

Both of my parents were teachers as well.  They didn't vote for money but for who would take education seriously and that they thought cared about the youth of America.  Most teachers i know do not like Betsy DeVos.  She does not align with them.  Both of my parents are republican.

Pay is still an issue at many schools and for many teachers.  The hours the work outside of the classroom, the lack of funding, and the need to deal with zany parents are also issues. 

I think its funny you chose a 30 year demarcation line.  The last 30 years include 3 republican presidents and 2 democrats.  16 years to 14 years dem to republican control.  Surely if education is such a mess then the blame is split?

Lastly, is it a surprise that people who dedicate their lives to bettering others support a candidate with similar ideals?  Bernie isnt a perfect candidate but his track record on equal rights for minorities and lgtb is better and longer than any other candidate.  He has an authenticity that the Bidens, Clintons, and Warrens of the world lack.  

Except for one problem... he's advocating for a system of government which is incompatible with everything ours stands for. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 of the 25 full time working adults in the family were teachers, veeps and principals

i accept they were dedicated and worked hard, most coached fall and winter teams (for free in Canada) as well for decades

at the same time they dominated all the family gatherings (about 15 a year in total) and whined and complained the same litany non-stop....  :(

i thought it was a good job, i certainly could never have done it

• Thank you (+1) 1