Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, reddogblitz said:

Why does a person get bashed for being right about a decision?  I'm sorry, but Busing sucked and anyone who was around at the time knows it..  Nobody liked it. Minorities didn't like it.  In a Gallup poll while it was going on 90% of Americans didn't like it.  Caused way more problems than it solved.  

I would think a guy being against it would be considered smart.

Sort of like the people that complain that McDermott punted on 3rd down vs Indianapolis.

does busing work? look at the 10th ward before busing in the early 80's and look at it today. i guess the objective is the only question whether or not it worked.

8 hours ago, Hedge said:

I found a sneak preview of it:

obviously this lady and any rational person have different definitions of "heartbreaking and repugnant" but i do wish Trump was not doing this because it does look too similar to NK and Nazi crap. that being said as long as he keeps me safe and keeps the economy humming along i will vote for him next year without a second thought. he does well on big things but fails on so many little things. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh yeah, this is a believable poll. <_< It is gonna be "fun" watching the MSM shove, cajole, and anoint Kamala as the "inevitable" DNC candidate. We shall see if it carries over to the voting booth.  More polling data is toward the bottom of the article. 

Biden, Harris in virtual tie after dramatic shift in black support, poll shows
The latest Quinnipiac survey comes just days after the racial confrontation at last week's Democratic debate.

</snip>

The latest Quinnipiac University poll of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters showed Biden with 22 percent support and Harris with 20 percent — a double-digit jump for her since the university's previous poll last month.

</snip>

Biden's 2 percentage point lead over Harris was within the poll's margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

</snip>

I wonder whether the D Committee will put Harris up against Biden later this month, or keep her away from him so he can’t hit her back. 

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

does busing work? look at the 10th ward before busing in the early 80's and look at it today. i guess the objective is the only question whether or not it worked.

i can not speak of every situation but Orlando/Orange County have bussing all over the county and overall it is good for education purposes- we have less failing schools than Buffalo and several top level public schools- better than anything in Buffalo except possibly Buffalo Honors.

12 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

i can not speak of every situation but Orlando/Orange County have bussing all over the county and overall it is good for education purposes- we have less failing schools than Buffalo and several top level public schools- better than anything in Buffalo except possibly Buffalo Honors.

all the school stats are rigged and tampered with, nothing is to be trusted

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

all the school stats are rigged and tampered with, nothing is to be trusted

i am a teacher and i have many relatives still in western new york and i will say from first hand experience that the opportunities given to kids down here are much better educationally then my school age relatives up north, and some live in Williamsville and Clarence. while the stats can be manipulated i can tell you here it has benefitted the minority population and has been overall good. i have no idea about elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

i am a teacher and i have many relatives still in western new york and i will say from first hand experience that the opportunities given to kids down here are much better educationally then my school age relatives up north, and some live in Williamsville and Clarence. while the stats can be manipulated i can tell you here it has benefitted the minority population and has been overall good. i have no idea about elsewhere.

the word of a few teachers in your life is nice, good to hear some teachers feel their careers are worth it

the overall systems are always skewing to meet set standards, worse than fixing the corporate books to "just meet" analysts demands

the scandals that erupt are often and very depressing for schools, those caught up just trying to keep jobs they hate are to be pitied

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So how do these students in your area you mention benefit?  Teaching methods are better or is it that they are surrounded by peer students who are more devoted to learning?

3 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

So how do these students in your area you mention benefit?  Teaching methods are better or is it that they are surrounded by peer students who are more devoted to learning?

one part is they are surrounded by more dedicated peers which helps. There is very little thought from the community of the concept " that school is full of losers and no one wants to teach there". I do not know why else, my sons high school will send a bunch to Ivy league schools and other impressive schools while being a great sport school and offering top flight extra curricular oppurtunities. one item i think might be part of it is that more students have ability to change schools if they would like.

35 minutes ago, dpberr said:

"Busing" isn't a 21st century issue. The DNC needs to tell Harris and Biden to pivot to a relevant topic.

Busing isn't going to take Biden down either. 

Do you think that Biden is strong enough to continue if the media declares him a dead man walking?

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Do you think that Biden is strong enough to continue if the media declares him a dead man walking?

Insert almost anything in place of the the crossed out phrase above.

1 hour ago, Keukasmallies said:

Insert almost anything in place of the the crossed out phrase above.

you can overcome health setbacks by not bothering to campaign in 6 contested states

• Like (+1) 1

Uhhh, who wants to tell Joe? 

Things Russia did on Joe's watch: 

* Invade the Ukraine (after Joe and 44 and State backed Nazis)

* Took a foothold in the ME unlike anything they've had in decades

* Meddled in the Brexit election (if you believe the media)

* Meddled in the 2016 US election

... But Joe says none of that would have happened on his watch? 

Joe has zero chance to win -- and zero connection to reality. It's going to be a rough summer for you, Mr. VP.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A guy asked Buttigieg to tell black people to stop doing drugs and crime? How friggin ignorant. Black people are not the driving force behind the opioid fends running around in rural white America. 

And you’d prefer that black people would continue comitting crimes and doing drugs? ?

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

No, I just wish the ignorant racist would stop being ignorant racist 

Do you really see racism everywhere you look? I certainly don’t. We live in the most diverse, color blind society that’s ever existed on planet earth. The fact that you can’t see that, and enjoy it, makes me sad.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do you really see racism everywhere you look? I certainly don’t. We live in the most diverse, color blind society that’s ever existed on planet earth. The fact that you can’t see that, and enjoy it, makes me sad.

That dude wasn't a racist? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That dude wasn't a racist? 

Because he asked a question about a problem facing the black community? Whether you like it or not we do have issues that are more focused on certain segments of the population than others. Asking a politician a question about them doesn’t make the person asking a racist...but the politicians answer may reveal something you’ll want to take note of in the ballot box. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Because he asked a question about a problem facing the black community? Whether you like it or not we do have issues that are more focused on certain segments of the population than others. Asking a politician a question about them doesn’t make the person asking a racist...but the politicians answer may reveal something you’ll want to take note of in the ballot box. 

The real answer is for the white SJW's to protect the black folk by killing Whitey, because apparently the black man/woman/whatever is too ignorant, stupid, and weak to change his own destiny. They need whitey to protect them from whitey, don't you see?

11 minutes ago, snafu said:

I'm all for the entertainment value of these debates, but WHY?

Holy Moses what a waste of airtime for her to talk about anything.

because loves conquers all. and will conquer Trump when Dem nominee Williamson debates him

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and Hillary will be her running mate...close but not the TOP cigar............

still holding out hope for Lady Hillary to show up at the last minute

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

still holding out hope for Lady Hillary to show up at the last minute

......thought I read she was offered a major deal with "Victoria Secrets" as a runway model......visual says a 747 touching down ......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy