Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:
and  Rs

This is one thing that irritates me about Ds and Rs strategy at the moment.  We've known since the last time we had a D prez that Russia was interfering or whatever with our election by running a disinformation campaign on FaceBook/Twitter/Instagram/Pintirest etc.  What exactly has congress done in the last 1 1/2 years to make sure this doesn't happen again next year?

Couple that with so many people getting all their news from social media, and It's gonna be pretty much the same this time.  

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

This is one thing that irritates me about Ds and Rs strategy at the moment.  We've known since the last time we had a D prez that Russia was interfering or whatever with our election by running a disinformation campaign on FaceBook/Twitter/Instagram/Pintirest etc.  What exactly has congress done in the last 1 1/2 years to make sure this doesn't happen again next year?

Couple that with so many people getting all their news from social media, and It's gonna be pretty much the same this time.  

They don't care, because the "interference" was inconsequential, and only propped up to attack Trump's legitimacy.

It was nothing, all hype.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

notice how there are fixed (and a minimum) donation amount?

I used to work with a guy who would donate $1 to random Democrat candidates.   Small contributions can be a net loss when you factor in the cost to process the donation

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..pardon my ignorance, but isn't she the one alleged to have ridden "Willie's Wonka" to prominence?............

While I was not in the room and have never seen pictures :sick: ? there isn't much "alleging" to  her "career" start. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

notice how there are fixed (and a minimum) donation amount?

I used to work with a guy who would donate $1 to random Democrat candidates.   Small contributions can be a net loss when you factor in the cost to process the donation

If you go to the donation site, it has a minimum of $3.00, but there is a box to fill in a number. I didn't look closely enough to see if there was an actual minimum to the name-your-price selection.

27 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

First time I ever donated to a candidate.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

49 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

It’s the redawning of the Age of Aquarius 

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

What will we all do if we don't have congress to save us from a Facebook page?

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'd like to think a presidential candidate knows the difference between 'insure' and 'ensure.'

Not sure the last 3 Presidents know the diff.

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I remember in '08 when Obama picked Biden as VP and thought it was a poor choice and dreaded the upcoming debate with his gaffes.  Then McCain picked Palin a day or two later and thought "he's fine" after hearing her speak.  He's just not a good candidate.  Never has been.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'd like to think a presidential candidate knows the difference between 'insure' and 'ensure.'

I don't care.  She's just more entertainment value per dollar than most movies.

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Joe will be doing promo spots for Ensure during the debates.  If he can muster it he will do the Popeye just having downed the spinach shutter.

C'mon Rob,

Let's leave an American Hero like Popeye out of the democrat thread.

Image result for popeye american

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, B-Man said:

C'mon Rob,

Let's leave an American Hero like Popeye out of the democrat thread.

Image result for popeye american

:lol:

Did Popeye take on the Japanese or other war enemies in the cartoon?

bugs bunny sure did

Edited by row_33

25 minutes ago, ALF said:

Tom Steyer , billionaire , interesting 

He's not interesting imo. He's a very compromised man (Mr. Walnut Sauce himself) who's running because he's terrified of what will come out now that Epstein is arrested. 

Steyer is as bad as they come. Run from him. He'll be toxic in the coming months, more so than he already is. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Choice is good

Nothing wrong with choice. But the philosophy of "he is not Trump" is exactly how we got Trump. He was not Hillary. Let's start looking for candidates that are actually quality candidates*. That is the only way we are going to improve things.

*Yes, I know...No quality candidate is going to want to run in this environment and would want to put up with this crap.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's not interesting imo. He's a very compromised man (Mr. Walnut Sauce himself) who's running because he's terrified of what will come out now that Epstein is arrested. 

Steyer is as bad as they come. Run from him. He'll be toxic in the coming months, more so than he already is. 

I don't know anything about him , your insight would be appreciated. I'm just a Independent bipartisan , Kasich  supporter. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ALF said:

I don't know anything about him , your insight would be appreciated. I'm just a Independent bipartisan , Kasich  supporter. 

(Just my overview/opinion of course -- but fact based :beer: )

* He's a hedge fund guy who made his fortune in coal and fossil fuels -- before becoming a huge "green new deal" kind of guy, pushing/funding climate change research/agitprop. (Hypocrisy of the worst kind)

* He sunk millions of dollars into the Trump/Russia disinformation campaign, literally was the pocketbook for the backdoor coup. We now know, for certain, that what he has been pushing is not backed by evidence or fact -- yet he continues to push it. To lie to the public in order to support his true cause (globalism). 

* He was all over the Podesta emails (the ones which were using coded language -- allegedly). That alone isn't enough to condemn him, but if you dig into those emails and what he was (likely) discussing, it's beyond horrible.

Those are the big three.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2