Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...DAMN good point and nicely done my friend...:thumbsup:...so how does her "vote buying proposal" differ today?....it doesn't......how can she fault "Mumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Joe Biden as far as working with Senate segregationists yet her proposal segregates "other than blacks" from the benefit?....

she will never get close to influencing financing or any other policy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: To be fair -- it's so f'ing early, people can't be bothered. 

Hey! This isn't  the Early Bird Special at Denny's!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

She’s half Jamaican. I’m not sure it even counts.

There's a good chance her ancestors came from Africa with the slaves they owned. I understand she wants reparations for the loss of the family owned slaves.

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If someone had told me she'd be on the stage for round 2, and not the first "candidate" from those first 2 "debates" to drop, I'd have thought they were loonie. Well, loonier than she is. 

My biggest concern is people start to take her seriously, and we end up with President Williamson. Yikes.  It is mildly amusing for a bazillion Rs to send her one dollar donations so she makes it to the next debate stage, but what if...

Let me introduce you to Donald Trump, circa 2015. 

That guy has no shot. He insults gold star families, has no coherent plans, jokes about his prowess at sexual assault. No way he can win. 

Don't underestimate the person who is getting Googled more. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

51 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Let me introduce you to Donald Trump, circa 2015. 

That guy has no shot. He insults gold star families, has no coherent plans, jokes about his prowess at sexual assault. No way he can win. 

Don't underestimate the person who is getting Googled more. 

Exactly why I am concerned about a possible President Williamson. 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

There's a good chance her ancestors came from Africa with the slaves they owned. I understand she wants reparations for the loss of the family owned slaves.

There’s a good chance we ALL came from the area around Baghdad. I’m not sure what impact that has on the 2020 election.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

OMG so many places to put this! 

2012 NY Post article

SCANDAL FREE! 

This is SOP -- how to get rich while in office. Clintons did it. Obama's did it. Biden did it. 

Trump is the first POTUS to lose money while in office -- and yet, that is lost on many of his detractors screaming "he's corrupt!". 

What was Obama worth before entering office? What's he worth now? 

How bout Bill Clinton? 

But yeah, they made all that money from book tours and speaking engagements. :lol: 

(And plenty of GOP congresscritters/senators have done that as well)

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Certainly not Mr. Walnut sauce himself. He's scared enough to run for president thinking it'll save him. 

It won't. 

Makes you wonder how someone can be so successful in the financial world and have such wacky positions on things.  I've seen some of his interviews, he's a jackass. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Makes you wonder how someone can be so successful in the financial world and have such wacky positions on things.  I've seen some of his interviews, he's a jackass. 

It's one big club -- and we aren't (evil enough/compromised enough to be) in it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's one big club -- and we aren't (evil enough/compromised enough to be) in it.

...pretty simple...surround yourself with good people, the behind the scenes grunts that actually line your pockets gratuitously......then with that wealth and power, go out and say or do whatever the hell you want unabashed......

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Could you imagine what George Carlin would have done with the last 10 years in his routines? Well, assuming the SJWs wouldn't have driven him off the stage, that is.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Could you imagine what George Carlin would have done with the last 10 years in his routines? Well, assuming the SJWs wouldn't have driven him off the stage, that is.

The same schtick he did the prior 30 years?

Zzzzzzzzz

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Absolutely. He's missed -- if anyone had the ability to stand up and not bow to that pressure it George imo. 

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm guessing he would have made a routine centered around being a cranky libertarian who hated everyone, but Republicans most of all.  

• Like (+1) 1

Biden earned more than $15 million after leaving White House

Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, took in more than $15 million since leaving the Obama White House, according to documents released Tuesday, catapulting the Democratic presidential candidate into millionaire status and denting the working-class aura he’s developed over decades.

</snip>

Since leaving the White House, Biden and his wife signed a multibook deal with Flatiron Books valued at $8 million, according to Publishers Weekly. Biden’s first book, an account of his son Beau’s death from cancer, briefly topped bestseller lists in 2017. He and his wife have also worked on two other book projects.

Biden earned $540,000 as a professor and namesake of the University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement. Jill Biden made at least $700,000 in her own speaking engagements, the disclosure shows.

Joe Biden’s basic speaking fee was reportedly $100,000 a speech, but his disclosure showed that while some appearances were priced as low as the $40,000 range, others ranged as high as $190,000 for a lecture at Drew University in New Jersey.

Biden’s last financial disclosure, filed in 2016 during his final year as vice president, showed that even after eight years at his $230,000-a-year government salary, Biden held significant personal debt. The 2016 disclosure revealed financial assets worth more than $273,000— including a $150,000 rental property — and more than $750,000 in debt. Those liabilities included a recent mortgage worth more than $500,000 on the rental property and a recent $250,000 home equity loan.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Skippy steps out for Mr. Walnut Sauce himself... birds of a feather flock together, especially when they are terrified of what's to come.

I love it. He's right.  Big money in politics runs everything.  Buying politicians is how it's done.  Money talks and BS walks.  It's been that way forever.  Even America's favorite tech companies are all over it.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/04/09/facebook-government-lobbying/

How are you going to change that Tom?  <crickets>

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

How far have you gotten? I've only got 15 more babies to eat before I hit level 6.

Real members of the Evil Insiders Club don't eat babies.  They cut out babies' pineal glands for cloning experiments.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Real members of the Evil Insiders Club don't eat babies.  They cut out babies' pineal glands for cloning experiments.

But the lower-rung members eat the remains.