Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

And for some resaon I thought of Marianne Williamson riding off into the sunset when I saw this photo:

williamson.jpg

so lame, not even 1/10000th of the energy and creativity of the 60s Generation protests

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The left now is the party of MORE WAR OR YOU'RE UNAMERICAN!

Dumbasses. All of them. Castro more than most.

they just sit there and byatch about reality as their life wastes away, eventually they will die and be forgotten totally, and they aborted any children

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Federally Enforced Busing would be an issue pushed by Democrats in the upcoming presidential election.

Trump needs to get on his hands and knees and thank God for this. His billions couldn't buy this kind of crazy.

This is indeed blowing my mind. In the debate I'm thinking, busing?  She wants to talk about busing?  In 2019?  My recollection of busing was that it was highly unpopular, divisive, and ineffective.

Just to test my recollection I looked up stories on busing in Seattle and Dallas, 2 cites I have live in.

https://www.historylink.org/File/3939

The district's own data showed that busing disproportionately burdened children of color, undercut academic achievement, inhibited parental involvement, contributed to so-called "white flight," and did little to reduce racial isolation in the schools. By 1999, when race-based busing finally ended in Seattle, it was widely regarded as "one of those well-intentioned social experiments that don't work"

And in Dallas ...

https://www.keranews.org/post/dallas-history-school-desegregation

Zeeble: 44 year old Robert Ward, a product of DISD and now principal of James Madison High School near Fair Park, was among the first blacks to be bused.

Robert Ward, Principal, James Madison High School: We lost continuity of the neighborhood. We were being told our neighborhood could no longer properly educate us. We were told the hamburgers in those parts of the city tasted better than our part of the city. We were being told subconsciously that everything over there was better than where we came from. And society was saving us from ourselves. We knew better.

This reminds me of a story BB King used to tell at his concerts about how as a child he and his friends would sneak over the RR tracks at night to get a belly full of that white mans water.

The do gooders never consider the psychological impacts of these helping things they do.  My father used to say that when you give someone a hand out you are also telling them, "your poor son of a B word, you just can't make it on your own so I have to help you." Ward seems to be backing that up.

How can she possibly think this is a good idea in these divisive times much less the green aspect of having children riding on school buses without seat belts belching carbon monoxide?

This is a loser strategy for her.  It is a proven loser by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Hillary Clinton. You can't run and win on all race/gender/whatever all the time.

She should take a look at how Barack did it.  He didn't talk about race all the time and instead talked of bringing the country together with an issue everyone could rally around, health insurance reform.

My head is spinning on this one.  Yet she accuses Trump of taking America backwards?

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

My head is spinning on this one.  Yet she accuses Trump of taking America backwards?

They have no ideas, only outrage and identity politics to cling to. It's why they're losing, and will lose in 2020. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

so lame, not even 1/10000th of the energy and creativity of the 60s Generation protests

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not a protest,  just the annual nude bike ride.
At least they're not wearing masks :ph34r:

just gets worse every time for the free ride the Dems keep offering....

they should march out to this, better than Dukakis coming out to the Monty Python (LIberty Bell March) theme, his people the only ones under 60 that didn't instantly recognize it as a joke

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Democratic Clown Car Update for July 1, 2019. 

“Post-debate analysis, Biden is down a little, Harris is up a little, Buttigieg banks big Benjamins, Yang rises, and Williamson beams love into the cosmos.”

and:

From this I take - Biden is still the front runner, people really seem to dislike Kamala Harris... that first link showed a ton of polls and the highest I saw for her was 12% after she "won" her debate day,  people didn't seem to like Lizzy Warren much either, and Tulsi Gabbard no longer registers.

On to the money... Buttigieg gathered $25M in Q2, Harris says she raised $2M after the debates,  and not many more specifics. 

The numbers in the next week or two should say a lot about who is in favor with the big donors, is anyone in favor with the votes (small donors), and who makes it to the stage for the next debate. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Democratic Clown Car Update for July 1, 2019. 

“Post-debate analysis, Biden is down a little, Harris is up a little, Buttigieg banks big Benjamins, Yang rises, and Williamson beams love into the cosmos.”

and:

It's a five way race between Biden, Harris, Warren, Buttigeig, and Sanders.  The Sanders supporters are pry the most committed, but it's a little under 20% of the voters.  I feel like I did at the beginning of the Republican debates when we all knew it would be Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Jeb, and Carson at that point.  Everybody else drop out already so the debates are a little less chaotic.  They'll let you know if a VP opportunity comes up.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

First (and likely only) one to speak up: 

Antifa beats the crap out of a gay Asian journalist, candidates say nothing.

AOC releases New Green Deal that calls for the elimination of airplanes, and all candidates are on board.

You gotta be one dumb mudderfrucker to even suggest you're a Dem these days.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... To third place. 

(she can't win either)

Lol, why can't she win? You mean General or primary? 

Ill ll tell you a "can't" Trump can't debate her. He'll get destroyed, again. If he was too afraid of Mueller, he'll duck debating. 

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

:death:

i did notice in the debate that he spoke slow Peggy Hill Spanish.  I had a friend of our family that was of Mexican decent whose parents owned and operated a tortilla factory and.spoke fluent English, Spanish, And Tex Mex. He flunked Spanish in high school.

Used to be the plan was to melt in.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

And if you look at her record, she has been quite flexible on her positions

Where is she on the latest Willie Brown poll?

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, pulling out is sometimes a wise strategy.

true, but pulling out too soon can spread the seed of doubt

i kinda hope Willie Brown's chew toy gets the nomination so we can enjoy 16 months of really bad sex puns

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That New Yorker article must be a doozy:

I think this is the New Yorker article.

Amazing how this information has been out there for anyone to pick up for years.  But now that Biden has quickly fallen from the Democrats Great White Hope to another tired old politician, it's being picked up so the Democrats can swiftly move onto their next shiny bauble.

• Like (+1) 4