Will Shady McCoy Ever Get Untracked this Season?

26CornerBlitz

We have 3 winnable games coming up to get the season back on track.  

Id see how he fits after those games and if it’s still not working and we are heading into the NE game in rough shape, you’ve got to see what we can get for him? Right?

I don’t know that Murphy/Ivory aren’t just flat out better in this offense than he is.  

I’d certainly love to get his salary off the books next year to add to the treasure chest of cap space and draft picks we have. 

I say this while under the impression that he’s not in the long term plans after this year.  Meaning we invest our cash in OL and WR’s. 

Edited by SCBills

Will Daboll call more than 15 runs a game?  We have 60 runs (taking away Allen's scrambles) this season, an average of 15/game, against 70 passes (80-85, depending on how many of Allen's dropbacks turned into scrambles).  We should be much closer to 50/50 for a rookie QB, but nooooooooooooo.  Let's saddle him up and not give the ball to our best offensive weapon.  LeShady had 5 carries today, FIVE!!!  In a game where we didn't trail by more than two scores through nearly three quarters!  Houston, WTF, over?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The offensive gameplan has to be tailored to our strengths. Daboll hasn't done a good job of that outside against Minnesota. Castillo is a bad coach and doesn't get the most out of his guys like others do around the league. It's up to Daboll and the guys up front though. 

No because the line does a really poor job creating holes theyve actually been somewhat ok at times during pass blocking but they get very little push..McCoy isn't a back who's gonna get up in the hole and power forward for 3 yards like ivory . He wants to bounce runs and create space but that takes cohesive blocking 

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Other than the 1st play of the game they were pretty much non-existent.

True, tho Josh did throw a really bad/slow screen or 2 IIRC it wasn't really working with him when called either. They didn't run it often tho

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not sure, but it’s looked to me like anytime McCoy gets positive yardage it’s Shady making 3 or 4 yards out of absolutely nothing. Run blocking isn’t even atrocious, it’s nonexistent. 

...Shady had less yards this week than Josh last week......makes perfect sense............

The vast majority of us on TBD could have figured out that if you have an all-pro running back lined up behind a very raw rookie QB (who was off his game on Sunday) on the road against a really good team, you (try to) run the ball. I get that most teams will dare us to throw, but it doesn't matter. We still need to try to run on 1st and/or 2nd down. Seems obvious to everyone other than Brian Daboll.