Who Starts At QB For Week 2? (Poll)

Paulus

Who starts?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who should and who will start week 2?

• Nate should start and will.
    • Nate should start but won't.
    • Josh should start and will.
    • Josh should start but wont.

16 minutes ago, LEE1 said:

Absolutely start NP. Allen is to good of a prospect to be thrown to the wolves guys. The whole team stunk up the field but the bulk of the blame should go on the coaches. The receivers are clearly not getting it done so why they ain’t using that high paid tight end more has me stumped.  Not to mention McCoy is a great RB but last I checked he can catch too. Make them sorry WR’s do some blocking and hit McCoy on some short passes and let his legs get some yardage. They have options they just have to get a little more creative with their play calling. Both QB’s are pretty much rookies so simplify the offense around what the QB’s can do and let them both develop into what they want them to do.

No Allen will be fine he will have a helmet and pads on so let them design plays for Allen as Nate couldn't hit the side of the barn consistently when it matters and wish I was wrong but he's a backup that need way more time then Allen way more,  It's a new era for the good!  Let's hope Allen is the one!

38 minutes ago, LEE1 said:

Absolutely start NP. Allen is to good of a prospect to be thrown to the wolves guys. The whole team stunk up the field but the bulk of the blame should go on the coaches. The receivers are clearly not getting it done so why they ain’t using that high paid tight end more has me stumped.  Not to mention McCoy is a great RB but last I checked he can catch too. Make them sorry WR’s do some blocking and hit McCoy on some short passes and let his legs get some yardage. They have options they just have to get a little more creative with their play calling. Both QB’s are pretty much rookies so simplify the offense around what the QB’s can do and let them both develop into what they want them to do.

I thought Josh Allen played ok and actually lifted the spirits and play of the team IMO.

Trust me when I say this is not how I wanted Allens development to go , but starting Peterman over Allen sends the wrong message to the team IMO.

If we as fans could feel a big let down of seeing Peterman start over Allen the players would in all likelihood feel it even more in my humble opinion.

Edited by Figster

Just now, Figster said:

I thought Josh Allen played ok and actually lifted the spirits and play of the team IMO.

Oh I agree 100%  but with how bad the team is playing right now if they start JA and this sorry play keeps up his confidence will be shot. He’s the best prospect we’ve had in a long time so I’d rather lose some games and let him develop into the franchise QB I think he could be.

27 minutes ago, NFLBighits said:

No Allen will be fine he will have a helmet and pads on so let them design plays for Allen as Nate couldn't hit the side of the barn consistently when it matters and wish I was wrong but he's a backup that need way more time then Allen way more,  It's a new era for the good!  Let's hope Allen is the one!

Man my fingers are crossed and hoping with all hope. I just don’t want JA to become another Tim Couch. Beat to death before we really see how much he’s capable of.

3 minutes ago, LEE1 said:

Oh I agree 100%  but with how bad the team is playing right now if they start JA and this sorry play keeps up his confidence will be shot. He’s the best prospect we’ve had in a long time so I’d rather lose some games and let him develop into the franchise QB I think he could be.

At the expense of the whole team though? 

The way I see it Allens fast delivery and velocity helps protect his play makers and his athleticism and pocket awareness makes the Oline better IMO. 

9 minutes ago, LEE1 said:

Man my fingers are crossed and hoping with all hope. I just don’t want JA to become another Tim Couch. Beat to death before we really see how much he’s capable of.

People keep acting like he's fragile this kid didn't have any offers out of high school and fought like hell to finally get a shot that doesn't seem like a person whose confidence is fragile.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

People keep acting like he's fragile this kid didn't have any offers out of high school and fought like hell to finally get a shot that doesn't seem like a person whose confidence is fragile.

Man you right and I know he’s twice the athlete NP is. To get where he’s got he’s got to be mentally tough. I would just like for him to get use to the speed of the game before he takes the reins for good. I look at QB’s like Aaron Rogers who got to develop the right way. But he had BF to sit behind. Just in most cases rookie QB get washed up and beat to death before they really get a chance to shine. And us not having a QB prospect at his level in so long I just want him as ready as possible. But man I’m with ya.

16 minutes ago, Figster said:

At the expense of the whole team though? 

The way I see it Allens fast delivery and velocity helps protect his play makers and his athleticism and pocket awareness makes the Oline better IMO. 

Brother I’m with ya on that. I would just hate the speed of the game to cripple our best prospect in years before he’s ready. But I believe he came in knowing he is a developmental QB. He’s got the goods no doubt I’d just like to see him fine tuned a bit more.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Figster said:

Trust me when I say this is not how I wanted Allens development to go , but starting Peterman over Allen sends the wrong message to the team IMO.

If we as fans could feel a big let down of seeing Peterman start over Allen the players would in all likelihood feel it even more in my humble opinion.

I see your point brother I really do. Just at the end of preseason it seemed they were all fired up on NP. I just don’t know if the team is ready to give up on him after 1 game. And I’d about bet they’ll keep him in till mid season at least. More if he wins some. Coach’s don’t like to flip flop they usually ride it out till they have to say ok this ain’t working.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LEE1 said:

Times have changed no need to ride the bench to see.  Either he's gonna sink or swim or work in progress and he has great leadership and can sling the f..ing ball where most can't,  he just needs reps to get his first season under his belt. It's possible he lifts this team to greater heights but will see.

1 hour ago, LEE1 said:

I see your point brother I really do. Just at the end of preseason it seemed they were all fired up on NP. I just don’t know if the team is ready to give up on him after 1 game. And I’d about bet they’ll keep him in till mid season at least. More if he wins some. Coach’s don’t like to flip flop they usually ride it out till they have to say ok this ain’t working.

Houston's coach didn't last year

Chan Gailey didn't either in dumping Trent after 1 game.

It's better to admit a mistake and try to rectify it than to go down with the ship.

18 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I don’t care if Allen looks like crap. He has to take his lumps. 

If we trot out Allen and he goes 4-11 over the next 15 games (which is highly likely given this O-line), this same fan base that is clamoring for Allen, will be calling him a bust and clamoring for us to draft a QB with out first round pick next year.  I, for one, am willing to be patient while Allen takes his lumps.  But the truth is that most of this fan base will give Allen no more than four to six games of looking "like crap" (or even being sub par) before calling him a bust.  I honestly wonder if McDermott isn't protecting Allen from us.   

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Without revealing the specific players there are some that don’t trust him. I’d imagine that the number is rising today. McDermott has said some things to people and then acted differently. There are (and were) a few that hate(d) him. It had nothing to do with the Tyrod situation either. I think naturally that’s what people assume. He actually apologized to the team about that. It has more to do with people’s roles. He has been straight with everyone.

Weren’t you smoking that just last week?

Out of curiosity, how is it that you are privy to this kind of information?  

put him in and leave him in for the rest of the season.  You cant pull him out once he's in.  Many a good young qb ruined that way.  Jacking around with his head.  They already screwed up letting Mccarron go and being stuck with just Peterson. If he wont admit to his mistakes publicly then everyone in that locker room at least should know already Josh is the guy. 

Just now, gridrick said:

put him in and leave him in for the rest of the season.  You cant pull him out once he's in.  Many a good young qb ruined that way.  Jacking around with his head.  They already screwed up letting Mccarron go and being stuck with just Peterson. If he wont admit to his mistakes publicly then everyone in that locker room at least should know already Josh is the guy. 

Who's Peterson?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:
2 minutes ago, gridrick said:

Who's Peterson?

That was a typo. He meant Pederman

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, gridrick said:

He's not dragging his feet.  Tuesday or Wednesday is the time you'd expect the coach to announce such a change.   Especially McD, who does nothing hastily.   His discipline is to complete all of the film review of the prior game, get the opinions of all the coaches with a say in the matter, and to decide only after that.   Then he announces the decision in the next regular press conference, unless he has a tactical reason to say nothing.  

Esiason called him Peterson and the whole cast was laughing.  Now i call him Peterson. It was funny, but they were laughing cause the guy is a starting quarterback and it was kinda funny but kinda sad at the same time.  The Buffalo Bills were the joke. 

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

He's not dragging his feet.  Tuesday or Wednesday is the time you'd expect the coach to announce such a change.   Especially McD, who does nothing hastily.   His discipline is to complete all of the film review of the prior game, get the opinions of all the coaches with a say in the matter, and to decide only after that.   Then he announces the decision in the next regular press conference, unless he has a tactical reason to say nothing.  

i'd like herm edwards to comment on this. Film review?  Did you say film review?  Everybody saw it.  Google the guys name and see what everyone else but this regime sees, seen, and saw. 

3 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Does that upset you?

i started then laughing then at the end of my laugh muttered you jackoff. 

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

I’ll bet. 

they deserved it, but it's the bills man

Just now, Jobot said:

If getting benched ruins someones career because of psychological stress... then they were never going to mount to much anyways in the NFL.

wrong....so wrong....you havent watched a lot.  Thats why Vermeil wouldnt sit Jaworski down.  Once theyre down theyre out.  

He's the head coach and can do what he wants. I seriously don't get all of you who get butt hurt because the coach doesn't hold your hand and tell you every little detail about the team.

He doesn't have to tell you jack!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, gridrick said:

they deserved it, but it's the bills man

wrong....so wrong....you havent watched a lot.  Thats why Vermeil wouldnt sit Jaworski down.  Once theyre down theyre out.  

So you somehow know that if Jaworki was benched in those situations, that would of been the end of his career?!  Give me a break.  It's ridiculous to think these guys don't have any shred of mental toughness.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jobot said:

So you somehow know that if Jaworki was benched in those situations, that would of been the end of his career?!  Give me a break.  It's ridiculous to think these guys don't have any shred of mental toughness.

that woulda been the end of the polish rifle, yep.

27 minutes ago, gridrick said:

If Peterman is trotted out as the starter again this year (baring injury) than McD seat starts to get asked about. The playoff honeymoon is over. He will lose the benifit of doubt with me already and will start being critical of his roster building and in game management. 

Start Allen and He gets this year (from me anyway) what this year was always about a growth year and middle year of the rebuild. However you cannot talk this is a “learning year” if you are not giving your Rookie QB those “learning reps”.