LeVeon Bell’s teammates turning on him (update: still not back)

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Pay the man. At the end of the day it’s a business, so you better make as much money as you can. 

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was under the impression they've been trying to pay him $70 million dollars.

Yeah, but he believes he'll get more. 

Nothing wrong with that.

And nothing wrong with the Steelers not wanting to pay him more either ... or the players reacting angrily for that matter. It's all a part of today's game, an interesting situation.

And by the way, this is a small point, but worth making ... they aren't trying to pay him $70 million. They're trying to give him a contract which would pay him $70 million if he stays on the team for the duration of the contract. I don't think the details are out there yet on how much he would make if he got a career-ending injury after one year, or if he wore out in two years and was cut. The exact details of contracts are very important, making contracts much more or less inviting than just the final figure. We've all seen back-loaded contract offers like SF's offer for Nate Clements where the final figure was huge but the last year or two had him receiving a large percentage of that big figure. He had never been intended to receive that whole figure and sure enough was cut just before those huge numbers kicked in. Is the Bell contract like that? I have no idea, but we don't know, do we?

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Pay the man. At the end of the day it’s a business, so you better make as much money as you can. 

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was under the impression they've been trying to pay him $70 million dollars.

Exactly. $14 million this year. For a running back. Granted, a running back that catches as well as most and better than some receivers but still.

Why do people think they have to defend players when even their own teammates don't think he should be holding out?

• Like (+1) 1

And what happens when he shows up and tears an ACL? Kiss that 100 million goodbye. I do not blame Bell one bit, this contract is going to be his biggest contract in his NFL career, only a fool would gamble that. Hope someone trades for him, the entire Steelers organization is doing him dirty, the players need to stay out of it, don't tell another man what to do with his paper, LeVeon Bell deserves to get paid.

• Like (+1) 4

Dude's my franchise fantasy football keeper. AND HE SCREWS ME EVERY SEASON. Get it together Bell. Your teammates hate you, you get suspended for pot every other year.. and you're an insanely talented runningback that everyone still forgives you

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

20 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Not just you.

I DESPISE Schittsburgh and their fans.

I've been in Pittsburgh 19 years, you got that right. They ran Bradshaw out of town because he had the audacity to get old and he won 4 super bowls. Kelly lost 4 and he would be elected mayor. ..they suck 

45 minutes ago, Idandria said:

The thing is, they can’t even pay him now. 

The deadline was July 16th to get a new deal done for franchise tagged players. 

Now it has to wait until the regular season is officially over (December 30th iirc).

It's interesting to see both sides of the coin come out. At the beginning of his holdout/negotiations, I'm sure he had his teammates behind him hoping that he'd get paid. And now that he's decided to no-show, it seems to have sent a poor message to the team that he doesn't give a sh*t about his teammates. But, you'd think his teammates would have figured out by now that Bell is more than likely a dude who plays ball because he's good at it and knows he can get paid. Deep down, I doubt very much that wins and championships mean a whole lot to him. 

1 hour ago, KGun12TD said:

Who cares? Is he a Bills? No? Who cares. Their problem.

Actually, some of us love this sport, not just the team. If we were all sitting in a bar, talking football, the topic would come up. If we were all tailgating, talking football, the topic would come up. If we were hanging with friends chatting about our fantasy football plans for the weekend, the topic would come up.

And if you didn't want to participate in the topic, guess what? You could just ignore the topic and go to a conversation that you want to have.

Or you could poke you head into a round table conversation at the bar or tailgate and yell "Who cares?" and then let us know how that works for you.

• Thank you (+1) 8