Peterman pros and cons...

ChicagoRic

Just riffing here based of off watching as many snaps as possible on Youtube. 

Pros:

Quick release. 

Nice touch. 

Good ball placement. 

Decisive. 

Quick in and out of the huddle. 

Cons:

Arm could be better. Those out patterns. 

Looks like a different player when under pressure.  Makes panic/ill advised throws where he should maybe take the sack. 

Not a threat to run. 

Looks awkward when taking a hit.   I am concerned about injury.  

Peterman CAN succeed in the NFL, but will need a game plan that works to his strengths and hides his flaws.  He is a "system" QB, and does well when he sticks with the plan but flounders when things break down.  Sincerely hoping the Oline can get its "stuff" together.  

My prediction:  It will be injury, not incompetence, that will bring about a change in QB.   I believe in Daboll as an OC and he will get production out of Peterman.  

Thoughts?

Decicive on throwing bad throws. Every d coordinator is salivating at the idea. We are not only going to not block the front four. We'll won't pick up the blitzes at all. Tape is out on Peterman. 

We saw the picks and said "well it wasn't his fault". D coordinators saw the picks and said wouldn't it be hilarious if he starts next year??

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Pros:

Quick release. 

Nice touch. 

Good ball placement. 

Decisive. 

Cons:

Looks like a different player when under pressure.  Makes panic/ill advised throws where he should maybe take the sack. 

Not a threat to run. 

Peterman CAN succeed in the NFL, but will need a game plan that works to his strengths and hides his flaws.  He is a "system" QB, and does well when he sticks with the plan but flounders when things break down.  Sincerely hoping the Oline can get its "stuff" together.  

My prediction:  It will be injury, not incompetence, that will bring about a change in QB.   I believe in Daboll as an OC and he will get production out of Peterman.  

Thoughts?

Good analysis ChicagoRic. Nothing I disagree with. Your thoughts about the high probability of injury are interesting. I hope for him, not, but you may be very right in that observation.

• Like (+1) 1

If he had Fitzy's arm, which is weak, he could be Fitz. But it's weaker than Fitz. That's his problem. Fitz could wind up and get it there sometimes. Nate unfortunately can't. 

It sucks because if he did have slightly better arm strength he could be pretty good. 

Weaker than Fitzy's arm is a recipe for a lot of sad sighs.

• Like (+1) 2

Pros:

Quick release. 

Nice touch. 

Good ball placement. 

Decisive. 

Cons:

Not a threat to run. 

Thoughts?

....good assessment......pump fake on INFREQUENT outs, shorten them up and roll.......injury concern for me would come from heroics to get the extra yardage.....SLIDE son...Lou Brock made a living doing it....it's ok....:thumbsup:

During the draft Petermen arm was compared to Kirk Cousins who just signed a Huge deal.

Ive thought about this (not that it means much). So far my impression is that Kirk has a stronger arm. If I'm wrong then it certainly bodes well (or at least better than I expected) for NP.