SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Same story last week when McCarron was getting hammered in Cleveland.  The OL is putrid against 1st team DLs.

Some fans simply can't see it or comprehend it.

But hey, I'm all for Peterman starting week one, week two, week three as long as he can survive until this FO can get some line help. 

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Allen has the physical tools, needs the game to slow down a bit. 

Needs some time to sit and learn.  Albeit, the o-line did him no favors with a few of the jailbreaks.  He did cause some of the blocking issues with the slow release.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd go Allen. He might benefit from the adversity and put up some numbers in the second half. He just doesn't seem like he'd be mentally broken, and he's the most elusive of the 3. But he didn't win the job, so I'm open for whatever as a fan.

Also, RAFAEL BUSH!!!! (better runner than the other Bush ;) )

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Start Peterman. And continue to develop Allen, specially with this OL. 

Quick release makes the OL look less crappy, jump balls doesn't require KB to get separation every play. Better man for the job? Of course if he keeps his penchant for picks that all doesn't matter. The net negative is beyond a good drive or 2

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

yeah he sucked against the Panthers starters

cmon man...

He didn't suck against the Panthers starters at all! But that was the first preseason game and not the 3rd. There's a difference there. 

I like Peterman a lot. But you need to judge his performances accurately.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think he learned from that. Peterman also seems to be the only guy that figured out he should throw it to 13. Peterman is only in his 2nd year. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to him was that charger game. Get that out of the way, learn from it and come out the other end smarter and stronger.

I mean, Allen hit Benjamin the breasts 30-40 yards deep and it went right through his hands and dropped .... so there is that

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Beane get on the Phone IMMEDIATELY 

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer)
Bears G Earl Watford was the subject of some trade chatter over the weekend, with the league desperate for OL depth. Team is releasing him tonight.

Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears)
Roster move: we have released OL Earl Watford.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2017/1/18/14304382/arizona-cardinals-earl-watford-a-free-agent-to-avoid-this-offseason

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Trash is apparently what you see in the mirror.

You would be saying the same and likely laughing if the Jets had drafted him. Allen is a bust. McBeane deep-sixed their careers.

Edited by Magnetar

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah, but sitting and learning isn't a thing.

A QB improves by playing.

I disagree. I think there is a lot he can learn by practicing against an NFL defense all season, by getting NFL level coaching (on his footwork, mechanics, reads etc etc) all season and by getting to see how things are done in the NFL on a weekly basis.

He just made some significant changes to his footwork this offseason, as well. Let him keep drilling it and making it muscle memory. I am not sure being under constant pressure behind a weak o line is the best way to accomplish that. Guys tend to revert to what they know under siege like that. 

They can always put him in later this season, too. 

As ive said before, it’s a lot easier to go from AJ/Nate to Allen than it is from Allen to AJ/Nate. 

I’ve said all along that Id much rather err on the side of caution if Allen didn’t look ready, and I stand by that now. 

Edited by BillsFan4

2 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd go Allen. He might benefit from the adversity and put up some numbers in the second half. He just doesn't seem like he'd be mentally broken, and he's the most elusive of the 3. But he didn't win the job, so I'm open for whatever as a fan.

Also, RAFAEL BUSH!!!! (better runner than the other Bush ;) )

Afraid of damaging him, mentally and physically.

Never seemed to be down and out this game, kept swinging.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

He didn't suck against the Panthers starters at all! But that was the first preseason game and not the 3rd. There's a difference there. 

I like Peterman a lot. But you need to judge his performances accurately.

We'll never know how he would have looked against the starters today. We can only evaluate what we have to look at. I could see him still being a turnover machine in the regular season. But I could also see Allen getting seriously injured if he's put in too soon. I'll take Peterman for now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

26CB is one of the biggest Nate Peterman haters on TBD

I'm not a Peterman hater,  just an Allen fan who wants to see him survive long enough to take this team to a championship.

I'd rather see Peterman start the season for now. 

• Like (+1) 4

I think you have to start Peterman over McCarron.  Allen will be ruined if he starts behind this o-line.  Peterman's arm strength is crap but he throws it quickly and masks the weakness of the offensive line better than McCarron.  As crazy as it sounds after the Chargers game last year, he gives the team a better chance of winning games.

Edited by sullim4
  • Like (+1) 1