Peterman is now officially TRADE BAIT

Punt75

This "hot take" made me chuckle.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but it was amusing nonetheless. Peterman is trade bait because he played decent in 1 preseason game....the logic around that one is hilarious.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Nate is OK.  He has NFL potential. 

It's obvious McCarron has the skills to win games and Allen will be next in line. A nice situation!

Go get a trade partner that can help our WR, DL or OL. 

The inaccuracy on his long throws is measured in yards, not inches.

I wouldn't drop Nate from the roster just yet.

He is extremely decisive and gets rid of the ball quickly.   Let's see if he can keep going.

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

If the guy just had a little more zip in that arm he'd be the starter hands down before Josh is ready. Showed good vision, progression and control of the offense. Unfortunately his arm reminds me of Chad Pennington.

If that.

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

Nate ain't trade bait.  He showed again tonight that he throws quickly, throws guys open, and knows where to throw it   Isn't this the profile of a quality QB??

A lot of people simply Hate Nate.

• Like (+1) 2

The “ Legend” continues....

Other than the pick, which was a bad throw to the backs back shoulder I thought his passes were better.

He was dropping them perfectly on those go routes.

The ball to KB on the scramble was sweet on both ends; pitch and catch.

Ill be interested to see AJ next week with the ones and even more interested to see JA with the ones or twos.

26 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

This "hot take" made me chuckle.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but it was amusing nonetheless. Peterman is trade bait because he played decent in 1 preseason game....the logic around that one is hilarious.

So are you saying since he had one bad game last year, in which Dennison should have been fired on the spot for his game plan, that he's not a good QB?

• Like (+1) 2

It's possible AJ may not get with the ones again. Beane said they would judge the performances tonight and make adjustments during the week in order to get the starter more reps. After tonight, Peterman could officially be the winner. They want to end this competition sooner than later, so the first team can actually get into rhythm for the start of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with this actually.  His arm just isnt as good as AJM, and all we need is a placeholder anyway, Allen is the future.  

Problem is, who is going to trade for him?  All the QB needy teams from last year have young QB's already.  Maybe Pats, Fins, TB, or Jax could use some competition at the back up spots

I don't think there's a market now.  Things change, though.  If a QB goes down, it's not totally impossible

Keep all 3 this year.  Start Allen in the 2nd half of the season & evaluate after the season is over.  If Allen plays well enough to be the unquestioned starter, then you trade 1 of the 2 , 2nd stringers, but only for something of value.  If you can't get something decent, keep all three in 2019.  If Allen hasn't earned the starters job by the end of this season, nobody gets traded.  

• Like (+1) 1

I actually think Peterman is the perfect backup. McCarron I think will move on after this year.  Allen starts next year.

I think AJM is better than Peterman.  The ball comes out tighter and with more velocity. 

I also think its its only fair AJM gets a go with the ones the next game to compare.

Edited by JinxedBill1