Why Your Team Sucks 2018 - Bills version is posted!

17 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

The point wasn’t that we got rid of him because he was black, the point was that a non-zero percentage of the fan base was happy we got rid of him because he was black. Like the two guys with seats in the row behind us who reveled in calling him a “dumb n———“ on a number of occasions. 

I lived in the south for a decade, but by far the most heinous, racist **** I’ve ever heard out of people’s mouths has been in WNY. 

Truth.  And have you ever been to Boston?

I've lived in the Triangle in NC for more than 20 years now, and I'd make an argument that most of the racism down here now is against "the Mexicans."

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

I don't doubt that. Ignorant a****les exist -- and unfortunately -- will always exist. 

But what is your best estimate of that "non-zero" percentage?  1% of Bills fans? 10%? 25% 50%?

Do we have to quantify it in order to decide how much is acceptable? Those two !@#$s behind us was more than enough for me. 

Just now, eball said:

I actually did, it’s the other place I’ve lived besides WNY and NC.  People think it’s all libby lib just because of the colleges, but holy ****. Spend some time walking around South Boston and tell me there’s no ignorant a-holes in Boston. (And I’m Irish, Southie are my people!)

6 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Sorry, i know it’s hard to face, but it’s true. Granted, I lived in the RTP area of North Carolina, which is fairly “cosmopolitan.” But I spent plenty of time in the sticks down there too, all over the south. 

I think part of it is that the south had to confront their race relations in very public ways from reconstruction, to the Jim Crow era, to the civil rights movement, while northern states largely got to think “well, that’s not a problem here.”

there's nothing hard to face.  there's racism everywhere.  i think most intelligent people know that.  but just because you lived in a more cosmopolitan area in the south in no way mean there's more racism than wny.  show my a confederate flag at one court house here and i'll at least listen.  in city living, you tend to be around more educated, affluent citizens, and are more likely to see less of a racist flare.  whether it be north or south, the lower socioeconomic group probably come off as more bigoted.  maybe it's just who you're exposed to in the area, but i have a tough time believing racism is an ingrained in wny as it is in the deep south.  does it exist here...of course.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I've lived in the Triangle in NC for more than 20 years now, and I'd make an argument that most of the racism down here now is against "the Mexicans."

boston is the most segregated city i've been a part of.  i never heard a lot of racist banter, but you didn't see a lot of diversity, that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That there are an incredible amount of racists based out of the WNY region.

there's a lot of racism everywhere, but i have a tough time believing it's more hardcore in wny than in the south.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

The point wasn’t that we got rid of him because he was black, the point was that a non-zero percentage of the fan base was happy we got rid of him because he was black. Like the two guys with seats in the row behind us who reveled in calling him a “dumb n———“ on a number of occasions. 

I lived in the south for a decade, but by far the most heinous, racist **** I’ve ever heard out of people’s mouths has been in WNY. 

Try Central PA, way more racist than anything I've ever heard here.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Do we have to quantify it in order to decide how much is acceptable? Those two !@#$s behind us was more than enough for me. 

I actually did, it’s the other place I’ve lived besides WNY and NC.  People think it’s all libby lib just because of the colleges, but holy ****. Spend some time walking around South Boston and tell me there’s no ignorant a-holes in Boston. (And I’m Irish, Southie are my people!)

Actually, yes. 

Because if there is a significant proportion of Bills fans that think this way, then I don't want to associate myself with this group anymore. You should feel the same way. 

If it's an insignificant handful of idiots who are mad at the world for their own failures, then it's just an unfortunate reality of a large group of people -- there are always going to be a few problems. If this is the case, then they don't deserve this much (or any) attention. Ignore them.

If the overwhelming majority of Bills fans (my guess is 99.999%) don't feel that way about TT, then why accuse an entire region of being closet hood-wearing klansmen?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Actually, yes. 

Because if there is a significant proportion of Bills fans that think this way, then I don't want to associate myself with this group anymore. You should feel the same way. 

If it's an insignificant handful of idiots who are mad at the world for their own failures, then it's just an unfortunate reality of a large group of people -- there are always going to be a few problems. If this is the case, then they don't deserve this much (or any) attention. Ignore them.

If the overwhelming majority of Bills fans (my guess is 99.999%) don't feel that way about TT, then why accuse an entire region of being closet hood-wearing klansmen?

exactly.  there will be idiots everywhere in this world...that's not the question.

Kinda funny in spots.  BUT...again I know its all in good fun...I can't stand the narrative that switching from Tyrod to Peterman for the Chargers game almost cost the Bills the playoffs (coming off of a 50-something yard passing game...why is it such a certainty that Tyrod would have helped the Bills beat the Chargers?) or that the Bills "backed in" to the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, teef said:

exactly.  there will be idiots everywhere in this world...that's not the question.

Right. The question is "how many of them are there?" 

If the answer is "a lot" -- then we need to reconsider a few things. 

If the answer is "not many" -- then why are we wasting our time on a relatively insignificant & powerless group of individuals?

A swing and a miss for deadspin.

The writer doesn’t really talk about the football team much. He just bashes the city of Buffalo and upstate NY. Real original. Ive never heard someone mock upstate. 

Maybe that’s why I said this a month ago. 

On 7/30/2018 at 7:40 PM, Idandria said:

Ah I used to think this crap was funny. Now it’s just old. Maybe I’m old. Who knows?

12 minutes ago, Idandria said:

A swing and a miss for deadspin.

The writer doesn’t really talk about the football team much. He just bashes the city of Buffalo and upstate NY. Real original. Ive never heard someone mock upstate. 

Maybe that’s why I said this a month ago. 

we'd complain no matter what was written

the Portland Blazers fanbase has taught the internet to never really say anything too close to the bone....  and how....

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

the Portland Blazers fanbase has taught the internet to never really say anything too close to the bone....  and how....

Gimmie something funny or clever. Something original. Not the same old crap we’ve all heard many times over and over. 

This used to be funny, now it’s just BLAHH. 

10 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Gimmie something funny or clever. Something original. Not the same old crap we’ve all heard many times over and over. 

This used to be funny, now it’s just BLAHH. 

about as original as the Bills offensive game plan since Wade?

2 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Gimmie something funny or clever.

I've never heard Buffalo described as "Labatt Blue filled warehouses and drunks pissing in snowbanks". 

I thought it was a pretty solid version. 

The Denver one left much to be desired. They could have picked on the region and city WAY more than they did. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I've never heard Buffalo described as "Labatt Blue filled warehouses and drunks pissing in snowbanks". 

I thought it was a pretty solid version. 

The Denver one left much to be desired. They could have picked on the region and city WAY more than they did. 

that playoff gorilla is off our shoulder, and it's a season where it could be anywhere between 2 and 9 wins and I wouldn't be surprised.

i got a few hearty and a few deeply dark chuckles out of it

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Exactly.

Some people will complain about whatever was written.

12 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Exactly.

Some people will complain about whatever was written.

but it was kinda lame..... and i wouldn't want anything in my name on the internet that can be used against me even 500 years after I'm cremated.......

18 hours ago, uticaclub said:

These used to be a lot better. Deadspin is pretty much dead and Drew Magary writes like a butt hurt snowflake. 

Drew Magary is effing hilarious. He churns one of these out every two days, yearly. Find me a better option if it's so terrible, please.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Drew Magary is effing hilarious. He churns one of these out every two days, yearly. Find me a better option if it's so terrible, please.

To each their own,

I used to enjoy his articles but over the years he starts to come off as a whiny b itch

Edited by uticaclub