All-22 analysis: Nick O’Leary

On 7/29/2018 at 11:43 PM, Green Lightning said:

I'm anxious to see what Clay does if we have a quarterback who actually throws over the middle. We'll see.

HMM...more dropped passes, injured after the 2nd game, comes back to have a great game against Miami, then disappears for the rest of the year.  

On 7/30/2018 at 7:08 AM, GunnerBill said:

How many chance to develop does he need? Cut him he can't play.

damn QB couldn't find him if he had a GPS strapped to his azz......can we be serious?......it was Clay or no go PERIOD......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

I want to reiterate for the upteenth time how cool it is to see Jack and Barbara Nicklaus decked out in Bills gear to cheer on grandson Nick.

image.png.880886fefa7fe8784cedf23b37090013.png

How does O’Leary know Jack???

I loved us drafting him.  Loved him in college.  So underwhelming his rookie year, I just wish he wore gloves.  But good bounce back and he could be a reliable weapon if he gets targeted.  The Pats are already eyeing him!

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Logan Thomas can't play TE. 

Is there where I point out Logan Thomas nearly had the same completion % in the ACC as Josh Allen???  JK. 

I like Thomas.  Thought it was a good experiment. 

Breaking News: I have just found out for the first time ever that Jack Nicklaus is his grandfather no one has ever heard this before ever! I really wish they would mention this during games. They also never show Niagra falls during home games or chicken wings being made either. 

Edited by Leonhart2017
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Breaking News: I have just found out for the first time ever that Jack Nicklaus is his grandfather no one has ever heard this before ever! I really wish they would mention this during games. They also never show Niagra falls during home games or chicken wings being made either. 

So you posted to bump and bring more attention to thread?  Pretty smart way to express your disdain.  Cool logic.

Is Nick O'Leary a world beater? No.

Is he a good depth player for a 6th round pick? Yes.

He is sneaky in route running, below par on straight line blocking and mediocre on 'move' blocking as a TE. His swim move is exellent, and he has shown some very good catching ability on or near the boundaries, which many TEs struggle with.

He is solid depth at TE, on a team that has struggled to complete traditional middle of the field passes to anyone (WR/TE/RB)

He has made some important catches for this team, and has blown some blocking assignments.

I'd like to see Buffalo address the TE position in the next 1-2 years, as it's an important safety valve for young QBs.

Clay and O'Leary are no world beaters, but we and the league have seen worse.

IMO O'Leary has been a better TE value than Lonnie Johnson who was a 2nd round pick and played with superior QB play and OC planning.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 7/29/2018 at 10:43 PM, Green Lightning said:

I'm anxious to see what Clay does if we have a quarterback who actually throws over the middle. We'll see.

he drops ball apparently.

Back up  QB lol

I like Nick. and that is all i have to say about that.

need him healthy.

seen him catch some sweet ones and seen him crush some blocks. world beater? no. steady?  yes.
 to other point. Bills can and should keep looking at TE. 

Clay is not what we paid for BTW. But better is still a viable threat.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/2/2018 at 6:28 PM, KW95 said:

HMM...more dropped passes, injured after the 2nd game, comes back to have a great game against Miami, then disappears for the rest of the year.  

You have  to have some of throw you yhe ball. He was open plenty of times and never targeted.

45 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

O'Leary could rather easily be replaced by a better 2nd TE, but it's not a priority with the WR's, OL and QB positions unsettled as well as some spots on D.

One of the Reporters mentioned a few days ago that O’Leary is always first one on the field, very detail oriented in drills, etc... my guess is he’s a McD favorite who he will try to keep around if possible 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One of the Reporters mentioned a few days ago that O’Leary is always first one on the field, very detail oriented in drills, etc... my guess is he’s a McD favorite who he will try to keep around if possible 

You need peer to peer coaches in every type of job. Now you can’t load the team with them but don’t act like they mean so little 

On 8/2/2018 at 8:36 PM, Leonhart2017 said:

I don’t have any disdain for this thread I was making a joke about how every time you hear his name Jack Nicklaus is brought up. Sorry.

And why wouldn't he.  Its not like Jack is some trivial pro golf player.  Jack is the GOAT in the sport.  I think its cool that they mention it EVERYTIME!

On 8/3/2018 at 11:00 PM, GreggTX said:

O'Leary could rather easily be replaced by a better 2nd TE, but it's not a priority with the WR's, OL and QB positions unsettled as well as some spots on D.

The kid gets open and has really good hands.  Keep him - him and Clay make a good combination.

Let it go Gunner, just let it go! You are working yourself up into a withering state of agitation.When he makes the roster your juices will be ever more sour. For the sake of your well-being just let it go.! :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Let it go Gunner, just let it go! You are working yourself up into a withering state of agitation.When he makes the roster your juices will be ever more sour. For the sake of your well-being just let it go.! :ph34r:

Let him go is preferable.  

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you sing it and post it on TBD for us all to enjoy I will consider Logan making the roster as worth it. 

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If you sing it and post it on TBD for us all to enjoy I will consider Logan making the roster as worth it. 

In grammar school my voice was so discordant that the music teacher told me to fake singing during the graduation ceremony.  Public self-humiliation is not an endeavor that I seek. For the sake of my near non-existent dignity I will stop publicly promoting Logan to make the roster. :)

On 8/2/2018 at 6:28 PM, KW95 said:

He was our leading receiver. I'm not sure what you were expecting with that offense. 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, mikemac2001 said:

You need peer to peer coaches in every type of job. Now you can’t load the team with them but don’t act like they mean so little 

That's a bizarre takeaway from the quoted post.

I'm a fan the dude is a underdog & does nothin but show up with his lunch pail to go to work every day & usually in a game will come up with a couple of receptions that can make a difference in the game .

I think if AJ or Allen can getting sink with him he can be a huge contributor to the team !!