LeSean McCoy allegations

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What's your gut feeling how this plays out?

My gut feeling is "I don't know."

Cordon's burning through a lot of the sympathy she gets...but sympathy isn't evidentiary any more than instagram rants or twitter press releases are.  We still don't know any more than we did two days ago.   And I'm an empiricist - my gut's telling me "not enough data for a feeling."

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Mods rightfully disagreed.  Stop thinking, as you don't seem to be very good at it. 

Note that I'm not "directly stating" you're not good at it.  I may be strongly suggesting it, based on your posting history.  But I'm not stating it.  [/Cordon's Attorney]

This is gratuitous.

There is no reason to personally attack a fellow member of the board in such a way. 

Just now, Peter said:

This is gratuitous.

There is no reason to personally attack a fellow member of the board in such a way. 

In what non-gratuitous way am I supposed to attack board members?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

My gut feeling is "I don't know."

Cordon's burning through a lot of the sympathy she gets...but sympathy isn't evidentiary any more than instagram rants or twitter press releases are.  We still don't know any more than we did two days ago.   And I'm an empiricist - my gut's telling me "not enough data for a feeling."

Has your pendulum swung a sliver towards Shady's side with these new comments from Cordon's attorney?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Has your pendulum swung a sliver towards Shady's side with these new comments from Cordon's attorney?

I'm a quantum physicist, not a classicist.  I don't have a pendulum, I have a superposition of probability states whose wave function has not collapsed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Joke GIF

Is that the excuse?

If it is, it is pretty lame.  What is the stick figure for a lame excuse after the fact that is not funny or for someone who goes out of his way to personally attack others or who has no sense of humor?

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In what non-gratuitous way am I supposed to attack board members?  

I presume that you know what gratuitous means but maybe I am expecting too much.

You seem to go out of your way to personally and unnecessarily attack others.  That appears to be your thing.  You must be an absolute joy to be around.

God bless.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Is that the excuse?

If it is, it is pretty lame.  What is the stick figure for a lame excuse after the fact that is not funny or for someone who goes out of his way to personally attack others or who has no sense of humor?

I found it to be funny. He accused him but didn't accuse him, which falls right in with what is currently happening in the case. 

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is that the excuse?

I presume that you know what gratuitous means but maybe I am expecting too much.

You seem to go out of your way to personally and unnecessarily attack others.  That appears to be your thing.  You must be an absolute joy to be around.

God bless.

But I didn't attack him.  I merely suggested I might.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I'm a quantum physicist, not a classicist.  I don't have a pendulum, I have a superposition of probability states whose wave function has not collapsed.

Thank you...this makes me feel better. 

Do you agree that if Relationship George walks through that door, he will kill Independent George?  A George divided against itself cannot stand.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I suppose that it would be easy to confirm:

1) whether Shady said that to the police (e.g., was it in a police report? did he sign the statement to the police?);

2) did a jeweler lend the jewelry? 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I think this deserved its own post.  Mods disagreed.

Breaking news from CBS Cordon in full retreat.  Could still involve Shady, but looking good for him.  Note, she says "no longer sure" - meaning she was and changed her mind.  Why?  What changed?  I never thought Shady did it, could still be wrong, but I am betting on McCoy.

Cordon's attorney Tanya Mitchell Graham told CBS News the jewelry were birthday presents from McCoy. Graham also said her client is no longer certain the NFL star was involved in the attack.

The new information from Cordon's lawyer comes one after Graham told Mike Petchenik that her client has never accused McCoy of domestic violence.

The news comes one day after Milton, Georgia police released incident reports from three separate calls to McCoy's residence dating from July 2017. Despite being called to the residence three times, Cordon and McCoy never accused one another of domestic violence.

Was already posted in this thread, I believe 2 or 3x.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Thank you...this makes me feel better. 

Do you agree that if Relationship George walks through that door, he will kill Independent George?  A George divided against itself cannot stand.

No, but we might see evidence of the Kramer Boson.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Was already posted in this thread, I believe 2 or 3x.

What, you expect people to read?  But then how will they get attention?

1 hour ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Clearly.

So I actually did LOL when I read Hap's response to me.

I really thought you were correcting my grammar, and not stating that LOL probably shouldn't have been used in that context there, and after rereading my post I see how it was vague what I meant.

I was laughing at the notion that people think that if it turns out shady was sending somebody to get stuff from his house, and that person took it upon themselves to go Scarface on the residents, it's as bad as what Rice did (which was awful).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

I was laughing at the notion that people think that if it turns out shady was sending somebody to get stuff from his house, and that person took it upon themselves to go Scarface on the residents, it's as bad as what Rice did (which was awful).

Legally, it's probably worse. He could be charged with three different counts of conspiracy (armed robbery, home invasion, aggravated assault).  Rice was only charged with misdemeanor battery.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think they turn this story into a Netflix DocuSeries?

Only way Shady gets Carruth'd is if they catch the perp, and the perp implicates him.... Then Ms. Cordon will own Shady, and may also score a docu-drama on OWN.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think they turn this story into a Netflix DocuSeries?

That's probably what she hopes..  Get some royalties out of this to support the lifestyle 

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Legally, it's probably worse. He could be charged with three different counts of conspiracy (armed robbery, home invasion, aggravated assault).  Rice was only charged with misdemeanor battery.

Again, it depends.

If he told somebody to go pick up the stuff, none of those are in play.

If the person took it upon themselves to go Scarface, then it's going to be very hard to prove he told them to do it.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Again, it depends.

If he told somebody to go pick up the stuff, none of those are in play.

If the person took it upon themselves to go Scarface, then it's going to be very hard to prove he told them to do it.

Actually, they may be.  Depends on what the DA wants to do, and what the grand jury decides.

Any decent DA would take those charges to a grand jury.  And a grand jury might very well indict and let a trial jury decide.  Given the hypothetical you stated, of course.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

We're only hearing for Cordon's attorney.....can't wait to hear from Shady's attorney.

Shady's attorney is smart enough to know this is a criminal case, and nothing good comes from public statements while it's under investigation.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, they may be.  Depends on what the DA wants to do, and what the grand jury decides.

Any decent DA would take those charges to a grand jury.  And a grand jury might very well indict and let a trial jury decide.  Given the hypothetical you stated, of course.  

Agree completely.

I'm honestly in the same boat as you, with "what we know is there is a situation" and that's about it.

We don't know who beat her up, or who put them up to it, or if they took it upon themselves.

It's a really crazy situation, with wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many variables to even make any legit speculation.

You can't balance an equation that is nothing but variables, I mean you can try, but it usually doesn't end well.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Shady's attorney is smart enough to know this is a criminal case, and nothing good comes from public statements while it's under investigation.

Exactly.  Her job is to have her client cooperate with the police, while not making defamatory remarks that would impinge her credibility and/or hamper the investigation.   All this will lead to a better and easier civil case for her client to profit from in the future.

It does, however, continue to concern and disappoint me that people aren't giving the pictures more concern.  That lady got the hell knocked out of her.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman