Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Wait.... you were fired for workplace misconduct too?  Honestly everyone has had moments of poor judgement.  It does seem in 2018, some people forget their own issues.

Not fired, but it impacted a contract renewal and I decided to go off on my own...

I owned it with my board, came completely clean and when the time came to extend my deal, I left.   Its been a great decision to both own it and go off on my own, but I had to suck it up.  Life is sometimes about understanding your own weaknesses, admitting them, asking for and getting help and moving on.  

It wasn't harassment but consensual in a unique situation. Neither party was married, but I was the senior executive.  The standards are different.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's the thing about advances.  You don't know if they are unwanted, or otherwise, until after you've made the advance.

We should not be attempting to pathologize normal male sexuality, not even in the work place.

Amazing that some guys are able to follow the rules and others not so much.

26 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

¶ ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that Buffalo Bills and Sabres president Russ Brandon is leaving his post in a major shake-up made by the teams' owners, Terry and Kim Pegula.

Edit:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Curse is Broke. Curse of Russ is Broke. 

Buh bue Russ 

• Like (+1) 2

Let’s hope Kim knows how to be a President of an NFL and NHL hockey team....at the same time.  Hopefully they are looking for replacements for the two positions  This could be the beginning of the end of it isn’t.  Beane and Botteril better be the truth

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

While I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion here, both because of Brandon's (some would say deserved) unpopularity amongst the fan base, and because of a rush by SJWs and those afraid to confront them, to assume the guilt of any man accused of misbehavior; before I celebrate steps towards the financial ruin of another human being, I'd like to hear/see the evidence, know how the investigation was conducted, and hear Brandon's side.

Until then I stand opposed, on principle.

steps toward financial ruin?  He was well-compensated; I would hope he’s nowhere near financial ruin.

I wish him all the best in his personal life, but from a “Bills fan perspective”, I’m happy to see him go.