If you were in charge of altering or redesigning the Bills logo, what would you do?

7 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I think it was discussed in the past and I made an alteration to the standing buffalo and changed it to a stomping buffalo.

stomping Buffalo.jpg

Also, brokeback buffalo...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

7 teams have a white helmet, 3 in the AFCE alone...

Would like to see a blue helmet concept... wonder what this would look like with a White charging Buffalo..., white face mask 

This!

71C14D81-B9F2-43EA-8473-9BA3FE0F7447.jpeg

If we ever joined the Arena league, I'd be all aboard for that.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Yav said:

bills_logos.thumb.png.492e75dbaaef2d3cf6f952b8f3b7fef9.png

More crap I toyed around with a few years ago:

http://yavstr.com/project/868/

Bison don't do that!

32 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

7 teams have a white helmet, 3 in the AFCE alone...

Would like to see a blue helmet concept... wonder what this would look like with a White charging Buffalo..., white face mask 

41009906-8A7C-4EC3-91A8-60B760C077FC.jpeg

This!

71C14D81-B9F2-43EA-8473-9BA3FE0F7447.jpeg

Dude that bottom one is the absolute best.

Glad we switched from navy blue to the royal bill. The dark red and blue early 2000s we're ugly

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You actually like this look?

Image result for Buffalo Bills red Helmet with standing logo

That is UGLY!! 

That said, those jerseys are amazing. 

I've got a white 94 throwback Kelly gamer and a blue 94 Davis and Fina gamer.

Those are amazing. Very nice style and Champion killed it.

Side note, for whatever reason the Bill's throwbacks for 94 are impossible to find. 

I only know of two others that exist in the collecting community. Other teams throwbacks are all over the place. I think most had tent sales while Buffalo never did.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

That is UGLY!! 

That said, those jerseys are amazing. 

I've got a white 94 throwback Kelly gamer and a blue 94 Davis and Fina gamer.

Those are amazing. Very nice style and Champion killed it.

Side note, for whatever reason the Bill's throwbacks for 94 are impossible to find. 

I only know of two others that exist in the collecting community. Other teams throwbacks are all over the place. I think most had tent sales while Buffalo never did.

They actually wore those as throwback helmets. :sick:

3 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

PicsArt_05-01-08.51.02.png

PicsArt_05-01-09.12.23.jpg

Very good. I like that, except it doesn't need to look too demonic. 

I'd make it a red buffalo (nod to the old logo). Probably white eyes.

Bull_logo_1.png

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

images.jpg

PicsArt_05-01-04.24.21.jpg

I'm not asking if the Bills should change anything... I don't want them to. The idea is to pretend that you're in charge of altering or redesigning a Bills logo, per request of ownership. Use your imagination and get creative. Not "don't change it", or "standing buffalo (<bison)". 

That is really nice. Would look awesome on Buffal Bulls college helmet with stripes and maybe a little larger.

It is a Bull right? and not Bison right?

For Bills you could add some navy accents to the body(similar to the accents in the Bull logo above) to show muscle definition etc etc and make it pop out like Vikings did to their horn years ago. To make it pop out and look 3d.

vikes 1.png

vikes 2.png

Here is a very bad mock of logo with navy outline. Trust me it looks a lot better professionally done but gives an idea. Add accents to shoulder knee cap etc etc and it would pop like Vikings.

mock 5.jpg

Edited by cba fan

18 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

First I would change my name to JP Era.

After that everything else would be easy.

First thought that popped into my mind!  Good lord, those "concepts" were the funniest thing on this board since retatta.

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They actually wore those as throwback helmets. :sick:

Right! I was saying the jerseys they wore those games were amazing...which makes it more of a shame they just changed decals instead of helmets. They could have been epic throwbacks, but that hat ruins it

12 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

images.jpg

PicsArt_05-01-04.24.21.jpg

I'm not asking if the Bills should change anything... I don't want them to. The idea is to pretend that you're in charge of altering or redesigning a Bills logo, per request of ownership. Use your imagination and get creative. Not "don't change it", or "standing buffalo (<bison)". 

My bad. Then i would put a Bison Skull on the helmet

Silver-Edited.jpg?format=750w

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I prefer the standing buffalo on the white helmet. 

Image result for bills helmet

I've never been a huge fan of the charging buffalo, but I wouldn't mind darker colors to go with the red and blue like this: 

Image result for bills helmet

I love the look of the black helmet with that logo!

• Like (+1) 1

My efforts to make a mock have ended in failure, so I'll just post the idea.  If was going to change the unis up, I think I do like the Red, White and Blue theme we had in the Super Bowls era.  But...with a few changes.  First, if we're looking at a red helmet, road pants have to be blue.  Seriously, look at pics from SB XXV.  We had red helmets, white shirts and pants.  Looked like a bunch of lighthouses.  Second, the red on the helmet was a bit too bright (honestly, I absolutely hated that shade of red for our helmets).  Why not have a darker red, perhaps even a chrome red helmet, with tweaking to the logo color shading?  Something like...

BBChrome.jpg.4a9960e4f810d99e0610f99b9c2403a7.jpg

Then for the uniforms, I'd keep the actual design as it is now.  I'd just change any of the red trim/piping/portions of the uni from red to a chrome red to match the helmet.  Finally, I'd then darken the uniform a bit to better match the helmet.  Would still be blue, just a bit darker.  Not as dark as the Drew Bledsoe era Bills, maybe a shade halfway between that and our current.

I think it would all look sharp tied together.  The Bills would still have their identity, still have the symbol.  They would return to the red, white and blue of the Super Bowl years...a color scheme unique to them, even if the Pats did try to steal our image with their last uni change.  At the same time, we'd have something that looked a little sharper, edgier, and of course something most dear to the NFL...marketability!

Edited by The Red King

10 hours ago, cba fan said:

It is a Bull right? and not Bison right?

The original picture that I copied from stated "American bison".

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Bull_logo_1.png

I like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Bull_logo_1.png

Hmm, now this has me wondering, if we continue with red, white and blue...what would this look like on a darker blue helmet?  Or maybe a chrome white helmet...damn these endless possibilities... >.>

19 hours ago, xsoldier54 said:

I think everyone knows who Buffalo Bill was.

I'm not so sure. 

I just did a quick survey in a classroom of students. I asked them if anyone has ever heard of "Buffalo Bill" before. Only a small group of students put up their hand. I then asked if anyone could tell me who he was. First student to respond said he was a musician (seriously, I am not making this up). Another student said it was a "Bandit"

So, looking at future generations, I say the name of this franchise is not exactly connecting with the majority of young people. Not saying it has to, but it is an interesting issue.

Edited by Dr Doom

2 minutes ago, Dr Doom said:

I'm not so sure. 

I just did a quick survey in a classroom of students. I asked them if anyone has ever heard of "Buffalo Bill" before. Only a small group of students put up their name. I then asked if anyone could tell me who he was. First student to respond said he was a musician (seriously, I am not making this up). Another student said it was a "Bandit"

So, looking at future generations, I say the name of this franchise is not exactly connecting with the majority of young people. Not saying it has to, but it is an interesting issue.

At least none of them said "That's what mommy pays for water"

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

sabres3.jpg

Idk... Messing with the logo isn't always the best idea.

I...actually have to give that logo a few points.  I hated it.  I still do.  It is ugly as all hell.  But...there is symbolism buried in it.  If you tilt it forward, you get a 'B' for Buffalo.  There is actually a saber embedded in the logo...eye area is the handle, the horn is the cross-guard and the blue streak is the blade.  I...complement them for shoving all of that into one logo.  Just...there's a reason it's tricky to make a symbolic logo...the end result still needs to look good.  At this...was a mess.

Anyone else find it ironic that one nickname for the Buffalslug was "Donald Trump's Hairpiece"...then years down the line Trump becomes one of three finalists for purchasing the Bills?  :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I...actually have to give that logo a few points.  I hated it.  I still do.  It is ugly as all hell.  But...there is symbolism buried in it.  If you tilt it forward, you get a 'B' for Buffalo.  There is actually a saber embedded in the logo...eye area is the handle, the horn is the cross-guard and the blue streak is the blade.  I...complement them for shoving all of that into one logo.  Just...there's a reason it's tricky to make a symbolic logo...the end result still needs to look good.  At this...was a mess.

Anyone else find it ironic that one nickname for the Buffalslug was "Donald Trump's Hairpiece"...then years down the line Trump becomes one of three finalists for purchasing the Bills?  :lol:

I liked the Sabres prior logo, a lot. The buffalo head decal looked awesome on my old firebird when I was down in NC for the ECF against the Canes. Idk, about symbolism but it looked cool to me at the time.

21 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I didn't "hate" the slug, but certainly far from a favorite. Hard to compete with the classic stuff.

I thought it was interesting to know that the previous Sabres unis were designed to resemble a bison head, with the horns being embedded in the sleeves. Unfortunately they were only noticeable when a player's arms were outstretched or raised, which rarely happens in hockey.

9 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I liked the Sabres prior logo, a lot. The buffalo head decal looked awesome on my old firebird when I was down in NC for the ECF against the Canes. Idk, about symbolism but it looked cool to me at the time.

The possessed goat head unis?  I'll confess I loved those as well.  If there wasn't so much history behind our current ones, I'd be perfectly happy if they went back to them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

The possessed goat head unis?  I'll confess I loved those as well.  If there wasn't so much history behind our current ones, I'd be perfectly happy if they went back to them.

040106BufSabres.JPG

It was coupled and I associate it with a great team. IDK, the eye and horn could look like a sabre and I see a small "B" as a nose, hahaha.

Red white and blue forever.

We are America's team, screw Dallas.

I want Uncle Sam riding the back of a cyborg bison that's waving an American flag from it's back, with a machine gun in one hand and a bucket of wings in the other.