If you were in charge of altering or redesigning the Bills logo, what would you do?

7 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

First, let me just say that I think most Bills fans love the current charging bison logo, and don't want to change it. I'm not advocating for that to happen. This is just for fun; a break from the draft/post draft talk. 

Just for the purpose of this thread, let's say that the Bills are planning to change the logo from it's current look, and you're in charge. You're the artist. Would you propose a completely different logo? What would it look like? Or would you simply alter or redefine the current logo, similar to what the Lions have done a couple of times over the last 10 years? 

If you're able to take the time to actually "draw" up some suggestions, and are savvy enough, post pics. If not, throw out some suggestions. I'll tinker around a bit with some ideas once I get some free time after work. 

I’d leave it the !@#$ alone & the absolute last thing I’d do is ask a Pygmy goat for input.

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Thoughts about a flat grey helmet with a black cutout decal like below?

314SZdA0sDL.jpg

Essentially a buffalo nickel helmet?

If I wasn't at work I'd do a mock up in PS.

Quick 'Buffalo Nickel' mock up... Be gentle!

jBFnQhq.jpg

And here's one that's not Raiders colors, in case that upsets people

rZIyimy.jpg

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
Added color version
  • Like (+1) 4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfWr9k38LRXrQ_ISdgoKz

49 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why would you screw with perfection? I've been waiting my entire life for the Bills to go back to the uniforms they have now. These should sty forever and become as iconic as the Red Wings or Green Bay.

Image result for bills helmets

I think we have some of the best uniforms. Blue jersey with that helmet. Perfection. 

• Like (+1) 1

images.jpg

PicsArt_05-01-04.24.21.jpg

I'm not asking if the Bills should change anything... I don't want them to. The idea is to pretend that you're in charge of altering or redesigning a Bills logo, per request of ownership. Use your imagination and get creative. Not "don't change it", or "standing buffalo (<bison)". 

PicsArt_05-01-08.51.02.png

PicsArt_05-01-09.12.23.jpg

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why would you screw with perfection? I've been waiting my entire life for the Bills to go back to the uniforms they have now. These should sty forever and become as iconic as the Red Wings or Green Bay.

I agree. I don't want the Bills to screw with anything. Simply hypothetical.

7 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

buffalo-bisons-1946uniforms_buffalo-bills-1949uniforms_aafc_buffalo-bills-1949-logo-buffalo-bill-cody-with-helmet-and-football-uniform-riding-a-buffalo_d.thumb.jpg.d21b28e9e0783608002f57493cc57531.jpg

That would be perfect if you just swap in Chief Wahoo riding the buffalo.  Cleveland isn't using him anymore.

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

The horns. Just put the horns on the helmets, like the Vikes and Rams did. 

I don't think the league will permit putting horns on the helmets with their move toward player safety, but it would be really cool!

• Haha (+1) 1

Standing buffalo for sure. Every team has the angry animal logo it's lame. Not that I dislike our logo but those retro unis are my favorite.

Also we definitely have the best retro unis/logo outside of the chargers

22 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Needs some work but halfway there. :D

2696270895_289bae127e_b (640x426) (400x266).jpg

Ironically...  :lol:

I actually don't like the old red standing buffalo helmet.  It seems quite bland and monotone, far from dynamic.  I know you're getting ready to blast me because I'm a 44-year old punk that grew up with the newer logo...but!  My father, who attended games in the old rockpile hated that logo.  Every time he saw it, he'd refer to it as "...the standing Buffalo!  You know!  The one that looks like a cow is standing in a meadow taking a dump!"  I'm...less hostile toward it.

I agree with many posters.  I actually love what we've got right now.  Favorite uni combo to date.  However, the OP made it clear this thread was not about whether or not we should change the unis, rather if we did change them...what should we change it to.  In the spirit of that topic, I have an idea, and will start poking around online and with Gimp, to see if I can't make a mock-up!

• Like (+1) 1

https://goo.gl/images/4D8ign

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

IMO the charging buffalo is now a dated piece of graphic design, but not in a good way so as to become an old classic.

The classic logo is the standing buffalo.  Sports logos were much better across the board many years ago.  Much of the new stuff is more suited to corporate letterhead stuff.

As others have said, just go back to the standing buffalo and leave it that way forever.

The older it gets the better it will get, kind of like the Blackhawks sweaters in hockey or the Yankee pinstripes/logo, as much as I hate the Yankees.

Eh the Patriot Pat guy was horrible. Retro bucs lol. I miss the old dolphins logo. It was just a fun logo.

38 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Needs some work but halfway there. :D

2696270895_289bae127e_b (640x426) (400x266).jpg

Just the ass end of a buffalo. That's what we need next

My contribution

buffalo-jump-4[14].jpg

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yup. We have the best uniforms in the league, and the best throwbacks too. 

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

images.jpg

PicsArt_05-01-04.24.21.jpg

I'm not asking if the Bills should change anything... I don't want them to. The idea is to pretend that you're in charge of altering or redesigning a Bills logo, per request of ownership. Use your imagination and get creative. Not "don't change it", or "standing buffalo (<bison)". 

PicsArt_05-01-08.51.02.png

Don't like -insert angry animal- logos. Maybe just the face with horn. Like the Texas longhorns logos. Shows an animal that nobody wants to mess with in the wild without going overkill like we got some herbivore with rabies.

• Like (+1) 1

7 teams have a white helmet, 3 in the AFCE alone...

Would like to see a blue helmet concept... wonder what this would look like with a White charging Buffalo..., white face mask 

41009906-8A7C-4EC3-91A8-60B760C077FC.jpeg

This!

71C14D81-B9F2-43EA-8473-9BA3FE0F7447.jpeg

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1