Day 3 of draft rounds 4-7 let’s talk

I’m tired of the we need to draft guys I’ve heard of crowd. There’s a reason Crosby, ESB,  Hurst, etc. 32 teams are passing on these guys for various reasons. Either they have Medicals, off the field issues, or just plain aren’t as good as the media portrays them. 

Johnson is prob a reach but we don’t know that maybe multiple teams had him in Round 4 and the Bills really liked him do they took him. The reason they aren’t taking an OT and/or WR rn is because A. They don’t feel there is value and B. The class in general stinks 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’m tired of the we need to draft guys I’ve heard of crowd. There’s a reason Crosby, ESB,  Hurst, etc. 32 teams are passing on these guys for various reasons. Either they have Medicals, off the field issues, or just plain aren’t as good as the media portrays them. 

Johnson is prob a reach but we don’t know that maybe multiple teams had him in Round 4 and the Bills really liked him do they took him. The reason they aren’t taking an OT and/or WR rn is because A. They don’t feel there is value and B. The class in general stinks 

Usually you have heard of guys because thy are good...

Just now, MarlinTheMagician said:

Has he been any good?  Last I heard he was considered disappointing?

I think he’s been solid as a G. 

Was picked VERY early as a tackle, so from that perspective he was a major disappointment.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then they need to change their thinking before someone gets killed back there.

Yes.  One thing that they'll have to adjust to this season is no more quarterback keeping plays alive with his legs (even though Dennison seemed to discourage it pretty much).

Edited by Jamie Mueller

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I agree with poster who said we will address offense in free agency.  Bet we sign a vet guard and WR.

I realize the roster is far from set, the pick still surprised me though.

After commercial when ESPN was discussing the Bills pick, they all spoke very highly of the Bills draft thus far.  They spoke about the type of players the Bills are bringing in and love what McDermott did with an "unmanned" roster a year ago.  They expect only more with the players they are drafting.  Did anyone catch this?

2 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I agree with poster who said we will address offense in free agency.  Bet we sign a vet guard and WR.

I always forget that there's another league deadline coming up where a bunch of veterans get cut for cap reasons...

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The oline needs help!!! Reach for a backup cb special teamer when you have 1 decent lineman and 1 decent wr ? 

It's 4th round and beyond. Do you expect to get lucky and find an Antonio Brown here.

It's all a long shot. Just trust who they pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

I do think now is the time to pick BPA who they believe projects to being pretty good.  Using these picks to plug holes on a prayer is a bad play, IMHO.  Better to plug holes after draft with vets because they are what they are -- use the picks for hoped-for future starters. At this stage I would make need a much lesser priority.

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

I'm not against drafting a CB, but not with the WR/OL/RB talent that was left...

well 2 picks in the 5th, lets see who is available

and there goes OT Richardson....

They currently have 4 CBs on the roster... it’s a definite a need.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm not certain why RB Kalen Ballage has fallen this far but he'd be a complete steal at this point. A more polished Karlos Williams type of bruising back.

IMO Would rather have Wadley

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

They currently have 4 CBs on the roster... it’s a definite a need.

Agree, thought CB was a need, but IMO that was draft for need, not BPA.

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'm not against drafting a CB, but not with the WR/OL/RB talent that was left...

well 2 picks in the 5th, lets see who is available

and there goes OT Richardson....

Agree on Richardson . mayock said " a starting right tackle in the NFL". Off field concerns. Sometimes the process means passing up good players in need areas. That's when I don't love the process so much. The Bills are bad at RT. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The oline needs help!!! Reach for a backup cb special teamer when you have 1 decent lineman and 1 decent wr ? 

There are many solid RBs left.  5th round is still a great area to draft a guy that can still contribute right away at RB.  

I think there is a real chance of finding an immediate impact part-time starter in the fifth round with the players that are still on the board.

Checked Wadley based on another poster.  Sounds interesting if he could beef up a bit:

"Great athlete but what is his value? He's pretty dangerous as a pass catcher but I don't know if you can trust him to protect your quarterback. He's a skinny rotational running back with some juice. He'll test great but I still don't know if his value is higher than the third day." - AFC regional scout

I used to kind of like the Cardinals, but I now hate them until Rosen retires.  

2 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Checked Wadley based on another poster.  Sounds interesting if he could beef up a bit:

"Great athlete but what is his value? He's pretty dangerous as a pass catcher but I don't know if you can trust him to protect your quarterback. He's a skinny rotational running back with some juice. He'll test great but I still don't know if his value is higher than the third day." - AFC regional scout

I used to kind of like the Cardinals, but I now hate them until Rosen retires.  

Darren Sproles

• Like (+1) 1