Charlie Campbell's latest Bills rumors

DCOrange

Published this morning:

http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress

I can't directly quote it because the website is blocked on my work computer (I read it on my phone), but to summarize:

He's hearing that the Bills are NOT interested in Lamar Jackson, citing the need to build an offense around his skillset as something that Buffalo is not interested in.

Buffalo's preference of QBs is:

1. Sam Darnold
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Josh Rosen
  4. Baker Mayfield

and they like all four of them.

He also says that if they're able to keep #22, they'd be targeting CB, LB, or O-Line, and he specifically mentions Isaiah Oliver, Donte Jackson, and Rashaan Evans as the 3 guys to watch.

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Published this morning:

I can't directly quote it because the website is blocked on my work computer (I read it on my phone), but to summarize:

He's hearing that the Bills are NOT interested in Lamar Jackson, citing the need to build an offense around his skillset as something that Buffalo is not interested in.

1. Sam Darnold
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Josh Rosen
  4. Baker Mayfield

He also says that if they're able to keep #22, they'd be targeting CB, LB, or O-Line, and he specifically mentions Isaiah Oliver, Donte Jackson, and Rashaan Evans as the 3 guys to watch.

If we somehow keep 22, and take a CB with that pick rather than using it on a LB (or trading back) and then taking a LB...

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Walter Football is a guy in his mom's basement. He is not tied into any teams whatsoever and is not a reliable source

Walter isn't very good but Charlie is very well-connected and had, I believe, the most accurate mock draft of all the media outlets last year.

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Published this morning:

1. Sam Darnold
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Josh Rosen
  4. Baker Mayfield

if we trade all the way up for Allen I'm going to puke !!!

those dumb trucks in Cleveland better draft allen.

If the Bills have the option to pick Allen or Rosen and choose Allen, if he busts out, like many assume he will, then the Bills deserve to continue stewing in mediocrity. Allen is a great talent, he's not a great QB.

19 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Published this morning:

1. Sam Darnold
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Josh Rosen
  4. Baker Mayfield

Coincidentally the day after Jackson says he had no visit with Buffalo. 

16 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Published this morning:

1. Sam Darnold
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Josh Rosen
  4. Baker Mayfield

Fire our FO!  Fire them all!

Only 1/2 kidding.  Seriously, if the Bills "like all 4" of those QB, as different as the parts of them we can see of them are shown to be, it would cast serious doubt on their scouting chops. 

I'm not criticizing the order - depending upon the results of private workouts, interviews, tests, discussion I can see how you "get there from here".   I'm criticizing the alleged lack of ability to make selective distinctions which would have them "like all four"

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fire our FO!  Fire them all!

Only 1/2 kidding.  Seriously, if the Bills "like all 4" of those QB, as different as the parts of them we can see of them are shown to be, it would cast serious doubt on their scouting chops. 

I'm not criticizing the order - depending upon the results of private workouts, interviews, tests, discussion I can see how you "get there from here".   I'm criticizing the alleged lack of ability to make selective distinctions which would have them "like all four"

There's nothing wrong IMO with liking QBs of varying skillsets. In fact, I think that's the smartest way to go, especially considering how little is currently set in stone on the offensive side of the ball.

21 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Walter isn't very good but Charlie is very well-connected and had, I believe, the most accurate mock draft of all the media outlets last year.

I looked it up.  I don't follow mock drafts enough to tell who is most accurate, but he did get an impressive number of picks correct.

Which means he got 5 of the top 10 picks incorrect, still.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I looked it up.  I don't follow mock drafts enough to tell who is most accurate, but he did get an impressive number of picks correct.

Which means he got 5 of the top 10 picks incorrect, still.

Yeah haha, it's all relative, but I remember there was a website basically dedicated to scoring mock drafts based on getting the team and the pick correct (basically got half credit if you got the slot right but the wrong team or vice versa) and he was #1 last year.

I'm familiar with him from when he was a Bucs writer and he was extremely well connected to the team back then. He's well connected around the league at this point despite working for a total douchebag in Walter.

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

There's nothing wrong IMO with liking QBs of varying skillsets. In fact, I think that's the smartest way to go, especially considering how little is currently set in stone on the offensive side of the ball.

I guess?  It may be a semantic thing.  I can see "liking all 4" as in "they're all on our draft board - somewhere".  What I'm referring to is if they really consider all 4 of them players they would wheel and deal and trade up to try to draft.

I can understand different rank orders depending on how you weight factors, but not saying "yeah, we'll trade up and get one of those 4" .  Too different.

51 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Published this morning:

1. Sam Darnold
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Josh Rosen
  4. Baker Mayfield

Whoever this Charlie Campbell guy is does not seem like a credible source to me. If they do take Jackson, I would expect them to have the good sense to incorporate his skill set into the offense they plan on running, and do the same thing if they do move up to take one of the first 4 QB's

Edited by BmarvB