Cali. QBs--No Thanks

Roch Jim

Once is a data point, twice is a trend, and three times is a meaningful statistic. So with that in mind--Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Rob Johnson. And just for fun, throw in Matt Cassell and Vince Ferragamo All QBs either raised or educated (or both) in Cali, and all failures with The Bills. I don't know if it's the weather, the mentality here (or there), the over-rating that comes with being a California star, or something else, but please no more West Coast flops. You have to go back to Jack Kemp, 50 years, to find a Cali born & educated QB who had success here. I have nothing against Darnold and Rosen except their places of birth and education, so please, Mr. Beane, give up 2  #1s, a #2, and a #3 to go ensure we get Baker with the 2nd pick. Or worst case, catch Josh Allen, (Fresno area born, but at least he went to Wyoming) after he falls past the 6th spot

Just now, Roch Jim said:

Once is a data point, twice is a trend, and three times is a meaningful statistic. So with that in mind--Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Rob Johnson. And just for fun, throw in Matt Cassell and Vince Ferragamo All QBs either raised or educated (or both) in Cali, and all failures with The Bills. I don't know if it's the weather, the mentality here (or there), the over-rating that comes with being a California star, or something else, but please no more West Coast flops. You have to go back to Jack Kemp, 50 years, to find a Cali born & educated QB who had success here. I have nothing against Darnold and Rosen except their places of birth and education, so please, Mr. Beane, give up 2  #1s, a #2, and a #3 to go ensure we get Baker with the 2nd pick. Or worst case, catch Josh Allen, (Fresno area born, but at least he went to Wyoming) after he falls past the 6th spot

Ummm, most QBs haven’t been successful here, which is why we are where we are.  What state appeals to you since California is off limits?  I feel dumber for reading this. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Ummm, most QBs haven’t been successful here, which is why we are where we are.  What state appeals to you since California is off limits?  I feel dumber for reading this. 

Yeah, those ex-Bills QBs he cites played a lot more games in good weather than bad--and still weren't very good.   Had nothing to do with being from CA...

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/VscgGpQZX0mic5Zjbg85-Q/top-10-states-that-have-produced-the-greatest-nfl-quarterbacks.htm

I took 5 seconds to google this and California is actually ranked the #1 best state in the US for most successful QBs.

Jesus, this is a bad argument.

Also the top two on that list went to cold weather cities.

25 minutes ago, Roch Jim said:

Guys, I didn't say Cali QBs are worthless overall. I'm just saying they've never worked out HERE.

The QB with the most wins in Buffalo over the last 20 years is from San Mateo, CA.

Unfortunately, he plays for the Pats but nonetheless, your theory is hawt gaaaaabage. 

Edited by Jauronimo

35 minutes ago, Roch Jim said:

Yeah, that Aaron Rodgers guy is pretty bad too.  Watch out!

31 minutes ago, Roch Jim said:

Guys, I didn't say Cali QBs are worthless overall. I'm just saying they've never worked out HERE.

I guess you're right.

Playing in a tropical paradise like Denver for Elway, Boston for Brady or Green Bay for Rodgers can't compare to the harsh weather Buffalo has.