Shaquem Griffin - Linebacker UCF

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/16/shaquem-griffin-hand-ucf-nfl-draft

Bills need to draft this guy. What a feel-good story. Was on ESPN this morning.

Dude is missing a hand. Ran the 40 at the combine in 4.38 seconds!

I think he led the nation in linebacker sacks. Total McDermott type of work ethic guy. What do ya think?

image.thumb.jpeg.38e795fb21170a75e8820ad7ceedd85b.jpeg

2 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

He also went berserk at the combine in the weight lifting. Had a special grip thing on his one arm that attached to the weight bar.

If they replay the spot on ESPN, it's really worth a look. You'll fall in love with this guy.

I'm confused.

Are you suggesting we draft him or date him?

• Like (+1) 1

I like Shaquem, but drafting him just cause he's a feel good story would be ridiculous. 

With that being said, If the powers that be think he can help the team then definitely draft him. 

The problem with him is that he doesn't really fit anywhere specific and will likely be a special teamer until he can either put on weight, or distinguish himself in some way or another. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have long said I would trade every pick we have to move up for Rosen but, on second thought, if we could somehow keep just one other draft pick, I'd use it on this kid.  Watching ucf games this kid made every freaking play!! It reminded me of watching Wisconsin when JJ Watt was there....Every play was being made by him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Am I being insensitive for wondering how he’s supposed to pull in interceptions or bat down passes thrown to his “missing” side?

Not at all because I’m wondering the same.

I actually wonder, with his speed, if he wouldn’t be a better SS in the NFL than a LBer. Seems he would have a more difficult time shedding blocks.

22 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m surprised this wasn’t covered in detail at the combine.

Dude... For his projected draft position, he's been getting a lot of attention. He even was during the college season. Part of the reason he got invited to the combine was due to people asking why he wasn't initially.

He's been well covered. 

38 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/16/shaquem-griffin-hand-ucf-nfl-draft

Bills need to draft this guy. What a feel-good story. Was on ESPN this morning.

Dude is missing a hand. Ran the 40 at the combine in 4.38 seconds!

I think he led the nation in linebacker sacks. Total McDermott type of work ethic guy. What do ya think?

image.thumb.jpeg.38e795fb21170a75e8820ad7ceedd85b.jpeg

i've been listening to stuff about this guy. he led in sacks?

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Is he good at playing football? I don’t care about feel good stories. I want to draft good players that will help us win.

To me, that's the whole point. If you see the ESPN spot or read the article, the hand thing has nothing to do with it.

He's just a damn good player. Yeah, it's a feel good story but there is more to it than that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Dude... For his projected draft position, he's been getting a lot of attention. He even was during the college season. Part of the reason he got invited to the combine was due to people asking why he wasn't initially.

He's been well covered. 

Next thing you’re gonna tell me is that he wanted to cut his own hand off at the age of 4 and that he also has a twin brother.

Nah. Never seen anything on him.

To anyone asking "is he a good football player?" or "is this anything more than a feel-good story?"...

The answers are "yes" and "yes". 

He is fast. Like really, really fast. A 4.38 forty is bananas for a linebacker. He also had quality production at USF, and was unanimously cited as an excellent locker room guy, a guy who gets his teammates fired up and inspired to work hard.

I'm not gonna go overboard and say they should draft him in the first few rounds, but if he's there in round 5, I'd take him 100%.

• Like (+1) 1

I like this kid would love to see him in a Bills uniform. Only downside is having the announcers talk about his missing hand every game. Doesn’t he have a brother or maybe even a twin that plays?

4 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I like this kid would love to see him in a Bills uniform. Only downside is having the announcers talk about his missing hand every game. Doesn’t he have a brother or maybe even a twin that plays?

Used the Google, twin brother left UCF a year early, plays DB for Seahawks.

Edited by chris heff

2 hours ago, Logic said:

To anyone asking "is he a good football player?" or "is this anything more than a feel-good story?"...

He is fast. Like really, really fast. A 4.38 forty is bananas for a linebacker. He also had quality production at USF, and was unanimously cited as an excellent locker room guy, a guy who gets his teammates fired up and inspired to work hard.

I'm not gonna go overboard and say they should draft him in the first few rounds, but if he's there in round 5, I'd take him 100%.

You response confuses me. You like him, but you think he's going to be there in the 5th? Not a chance. He's being projected as a day 2 pick. 

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Am I being insensitive for wondering how he’s supposed to pull in interceptions or bat down passes thrown to his “missing” side?

I think you should look at his tape then you wouldn’t make idiotic comments like this

Great player who has received a  lot of attention.   If you haven't already heard of him you have not followed the off season. 

I would definitely  like to see him in a Bills uniform.   Maybe a late fourth or early fifth round if he is still available.   

He is a better  player than his brother  but I have a feeling that he will be gone by the fourth round.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

To me, that's the whole point. If you see the ESPN spot or read the article, the hand thing has nothing to do with it.

He's just a damn good player. Yeah, it's a feel good story but there is more to it than that.

YEP love the kid, can play football at NFL level and succeed   imho

3 hours ago, Logic said:

:thumbsup:

Too much upside to pass up.

1 hour ago, BrotherChazz said:

You response confuses me. You like him, but you think he's going to be there in the 5th? Not a chance. He's being projected as a day 2 pick. 

Meh. NFL evaluators are still cavemen in a lot of ways. I'll believe them drafting a one-handed player on the second day when I see it. Until then, I'll stick with my 5th round projection.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Have watched the kid play here at UCF for the past two years, first he was a safety then was moved to a linebacker. Kid is just a dam good football player who is never out of position and makes the plays that he is supposed to! He is fast and relentless in pursuit and once gets a hold of someone takes them to the ground! Would love to see him in a Bills uniform and wouldn't be early at all to get him in the third! Watch the film and tape on the kid and you will agree!!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Is he good at playing football? I don’t care about feel good stories. I want to draft good players that will help us win.

Business in the front AND business in the back.

I'll step aside. :D

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I'm probably going to hell for this but, I've heard every catch he ever made was one handed

Go to hell