Buffalo Bills license plates ? Do you?

mead107

Who has Bills plates.  

I have had them for 25 years. 

Going to order new ones when they come due this year.  Faded red helmets raised letters. 

NY plates.  My name on them 

Do you have Bills plates? 

Edited by mead107

I would get them but they're not available in Canada.  I think OBD could apply to have their logo included, since Ontario is Buffalo's market.

Instead I'm going to get my online/streaming handle on the Mustang I just put on the road.

Edited by 1ManRaid

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Nope... guess I'm not a real fan... No tats, No plates... I'm just a sham. 

No. Means nothing.   Just seeing if others pay the state all the extra money for them. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d pay extra for the plates if in NY, but I’m not there. The plate frames got lost a few cars ago. Oops. 

So you are saying you are cheap?  Don’t want AUGIE plates? 

42 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So you are saying you are cheap?  Don’t want AUGIE plates? 

No, I’m not cheap by any means, I’m just not in the class of people who can afford Meadcoins.  It’s sad to announce that publicly, but it is what it is.....

“Augie” plates are not “Bills” plates. I did get some grief in Florida with the Bills plate holder, and I loved it. :)

Edited by Augie

I have Bills plate covers on all four of my family's cars even though my wife and kids (sadly) only care about the Bills because I do. Obviously Bills plates aren't available in California but I've never wanted to pay the state an extra annual fee for specific plates so I doubt I'd have them if I still lived in NY.

I've thought about getting either Bills or Mets plates, but I've never pulled the trigger.  I see Bills plates here and there during my daily commute, but I see Bills plate frames all the time.  My reasoning for not getting them is 100% because I'm cheap.  Although, when I had a motorcycle, I got personalized plates that read ABY RD.  I recently re-registered my car.  I still have the white plates and they're looking pretty beat.  I might look into Bills plates today ...

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've thought about getting either Bills or Mets plates, but I've never pulled the trigger.  I see Bills plates here and there during my daily commute, but I see Bills plate frames all the time.  My reasoning for not getting them is 100% because I'm cheap.  Although, when I had a motorcycle, I got personalized plates that read ABY RD.  I recently re-registered my car.  I still have the white plates and they're looking pretty beat.  I might look into Bills plates today ...

I will give my old ones

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I have a buddy that I was roommates with for 4 years while going to college in Florida.  Our other roommate and I grew up in Buffalo together and was born near Miami.  He was a big Dolphins fan and I am obviously obsessed with the Bills.  We were into football big time and our other roommate who lived near Boston until about 10 years of age, didn't really care about sports.  The Pats had won their first Super Bowl the previous year and he decided that he was a Pats fan.  I understand it was natural for him to start watching and becoming interested in football with the other two of us being avid fans, but he went overboard and almost instantly became the biggest Pats fan in the world. 

Now, 15 years later, you will almost never see him without Pats garb on.  He is a great guy but I can see that he still doesn't understand all the in's and out's of football like someone who was born into it would.  I myself have a few t-shirts, one hoody and one jersey that I wear to games and that is about it.  The amount of Bills gear you have means little as to how die hard of a fan you are.  Although I did have Bills license plate holders when I lived in Florida, because I felt the need to represent.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

43 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In Va I think I pay ~ $45    - annual renewal  not personalized

I was stationed in Norfolk in the early 90s.  Seemed like every other car had a personalized plate in Virginia!

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

$60 - initial registration - not personalized

$31 - annual renewal

$91 - initial registration - personalized

$62 - annual renewal

ouch!

I was at the DMV last month for plates.  $100 initially and $100 each year after that for personalized I was told

1 minute ago, MarkyMannn said:

I was at the DMV last month for plates.  $100 initially and $100 each year after that for personalized I was told

https://dmv.ny.gov/custom-plates/buffalo-bills

I missed this important piece:  

The annual custom plate renewal fee is in addition to your vehicle registration renewal fee. You will be billed for the plates every two years when you renew your registration. 

I think the Commissioner of NYS DMV is Ben Dover.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Gugny said:

https://dmv.ny.gov/custom-plates/buffalo-bills

I missed this important piece:  

The annual custom plate renewal fee is in addition to your vehicle registration renewal fee. You will be billed for the plates every two years when you renew your registration. 

I think the Commissioner of NYS DMV is Ben Dover.

Geez that sounds even worse.  State needs its $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$