We need to draft Allen...

8 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

High risk = high reward

He's boom or bust, I'll give you that. I just think he's more likely to bust. 

I feel like some people think that because Wentz came from a small school relatively out of nowhere and had early success, so too will Allen. I'm not buying it. Out of all the top QBs, he scares me the most. 

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Loves the Bills Mafia while wearing a Tom Brady jersey.

QB target Josh Allen to ESPN: 'Man, I love Bills Mafia'

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/23/qb-target-josh-allen-man-i-love-bills-mafia/

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

I like Allen.  He's a risk, but part of my reticence on Allen was rumors I read that he was not a sharp cookie.  37 on the Wunderlic does not measure football IQ, but I surmise he is smart enough to learn from his mistakes.  Trouble is, I think you have to trade up to 2 to get him and I have a feeling the Giants aren't trading out.  Indeed, they may like Allen for themselves if they are inclined to take a qb and let him learn for a year or so.  It's an outlier year for qb, so you better work a trade up if you don't want to take a flier on Jackson or Rudolph.

19 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

The guy is going to be the best QB in the draft.  Franchise QB.  Do what it takes to move up and draft him, Beane!

Awesome.   We should pin this post along with the others touting Allen to see how the prediction looks later on

I will take a wait and see approach. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I think Allen, Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield are all going to be good QBs, and at the very least will be serviceable starting QBs.  we just need to trade up to snag one of them because not one of them will be available at 12.

I see if the Bills DON'T trade up they'll get the 4th QB in the draft.  Also, think Rudolph is in the mix. 

6 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

My windows 3.1 Compaq PC runs that site like lightning.

I hope you are running the latest version of Netscape! I'm running a similar setup and it looks great on my CRT monitor

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Awesome.   We should pin this post along with the others touting Allen to see how the prediction looks later on

I will take a wait and see approach. 

I think we can pin 3-5+ "X will be great" and "X will be awful stay away" for:

-rosen

-darnold

-mayfield

-allen

-jackson

-rudolph

Then we have at least 1 of each for:

-lauletta

-white

Every thread, every person in it claims they are 100% right

It's really something

It's kinda like religions.

Every one says their God is the best and they are right, which means everybody else is wrong.

Well not everybody can be right.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

I hope you are running the latest version of Netscape! I'm running a similar setup and it looks great on my CRT monitor

Yeah, I just got a double phone line installed so I can piggyback an ISDN double 56k and decrease my quake 2 ping to about 275ms.

I'm thinking of installing a second 3dfx Voodoo2 card to bump my openGL processing power and get my franerates up.

My buddy is pulling some great frames on his new gatewat2000 with a rivaTNT video card.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah, I just got a double phone line installed so I can piggyback an ISDN double 56k and decrease my quake 2 ping to about 275ms.

I'm thinking of installing a second 3dfx Voodoo2 card to bump my openGL processing power and get my franerates up.

My buddy is pulling some great frames on his new gatewat2000 with a rivaTNT video card.

cutting edge stuff.  what a time to be alive.  the future is here!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I know!!

I'm thinking of getting one of those zip drives to backup my .jpgs and .bmps

I think I still have one of those zip disk drives in a box somewhere.  You can store 100mb per disk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kdiggz
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I think I still have one of those zip disk drives in a box somewhere.  You can store 100mb per disk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so funny

My smartphone is like 50x my desktop from 5 years ago

37 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Allen does love Bills Mafia. 

Just too bad he's so scary of a QB prospect. 

Agreed...

I forget what online scout I was listening to the other day...But what he said REALLY stuck with me about Allen because it's what I notice far too often... He basically said with these other QB's like Darnold, Rudolph, Jackson when they are inaccurate you can trace it to footwork, stride, square-up, etc...And right or wrong, it's easy to look at that and think it can be fixed..Because it is technically fixable...With Allen there are plenty of throws on tape where he does everything right and is still wildly inaccurate...And that is what is scary about him when you're talking about a potential high 1st Round pick...

And this is a SMART kid...You just HAVE to wonder why...WHY he only went over 60% completions in 9 of his last 25 games...And 2 of those 9 came against Garner-Webb and Cal-Davis...I mean...If you're not concerned about this kid you're just not paying attention...Massive ceiling if he puts it all together...Bust floor...Ugh...B-)

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

The guy is going to be the best QB in the draft.  Franchise QB.  Do what it takes to move up and draft him, Beane!

I hope the Bills do whatever they have to do to get him as well.....

In the 4th round......

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

High risk = high reward

Jumping off a tall building with a napkin as a parachute is high risk.....   :)

24 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Broncos....Mayfield.

I pray we can get ahead of Denver.

Some really good players are going to fall while all these QB’s are  taken out of legitimate desperation. 

8 hours ago, kdiggz said:

The OP must have read www.draftjoshallen.com

It does make a lot of compelling arguments

There exists no such site.

8 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

My windows 3.1 Compaq PC runs that site like lightning.

What are you talking about?

8 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Allen does love Bills Mafia. 

Just too bad he's so scary of a QB prospect. 

They're all scary ...

Darnold = turnover machine

Rosen = One concussion away from a tennis career

Allen = Will throw it over a mountain even if his receiver is 10 yards away from him

Mayfield = Dwarf