How come its never Rosen?

28 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Allen and Darnold also up more "upside" with their running abilities yet to me it doesn't matter. To me Rosen is the best QB of this class by quite a large margin. I then rank Darnold and Rudolph as the next best two. Of course am biased as don't like running QBs as think it's over rated skill. 

I personally like Mayfield best. 

Even if you assume Rosen if by far the most talented, the concussions and shoulder issues have to scream buyer beware at least a little bit. 

Can't play QB if you get knocked off the field. 

I think its because of a couple things it has nothing to do with his ability's he's a really good QB .

But when you down coach comes out & says he would pick a different QB at #1 thats a big ! 2 his injury history of concussions . 3 the talk of the possibility of his lack of leadership this that would be my guess .

I have the same questions about Rudolph the guy has it all & i don't know why there isn't more talk about him in this draft & the national media has a woody for Allen going to the Bills i don't get it !! 

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Yep it's pretty funny. Rosen is the best QB but not the top pick. That's what happens when you overthink these types of decisions. Just get the best player

I'm still hoping all of this works out in our favor. Perfect QB for us....Never in a million years did I think we would have a shot at the best QB in the draft....go get him Beane!

• Like (+1) 1

it seems that Rosen does not want to be in Cleveland, and Cle has zero interest in him for whatever reason.  

43 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I personally like Mayfield best. 

Even if you assume Rosen if by far the most talented, the concussions and shoulder issues have to scream buyer beware at least a little bit. 

Can't play QB if you get knocked off the field. 

the concussions scare me.  That's why I'd take Mayfield first.  

Rosen has shoulder issues?  

Yikes.  It also can't help Rosen that Luck is still hurt after looking like the most surefire thing ever. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Rosen reminds me of RG3 with the same skinny build.  That is why I like Rudolph or Allen better with their stockier builds, they tend to hold up better in the NFL.

Neither have the intellect or pure mechanics as Rosen. He can add 15 lbs and be fine. He's far and away the best QB in this draft, and damn, he'd look great in a Bill's uni!

I would suggest watching an interview with Rosen. 

He really comes off poorly, to me at least. It's incredibly important to win the locker room if you're a QB and folks think he will have a tough time doing that. He also doesn't have a huge frame and has had some injury problems, so people think he will get hurt in the NFL.

13 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I would suggest watching an interview with Rosen. 

He really comes off poorly, to me at least. It's incredibly important to win the locker room if you're a QB and folks think he will have a tough time doing that. He also doesn't have a huge frame and has had some injury problems, so people think he will get hurt in the NFL.

Does he?

6 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Hey guys! I find its odd that theres not a single mock draft that ive seen that has Rosen going number 1.  Whenever they talk about what QB is going first he is never mentioned.

Im not a college football guy but i just find it odd.  Kiper has Allen going first overall i think there are serious questions about his play...but never Rosen.

So many "experts" say Rosen is the best pure QB in the draft but never talk about him being the first QB off the board.

I dont watch college football so i was wondering for those who do why no one talks about Rosen going number.  Is there something in his game?  Or is it concerns about personality?

That's because nobody wants to show their hand.  I don't doubt that many teams have him rated higher.  Also think many teams are scared of his concussions.

6 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Hey guys! I find its odd that theres not a single mock draft that ive seen that has Rosen going number 1.  Whenever they talk about what QB is going first he is never mentioned.

Im not a college football guy but i just find it odd.  Kiper has Allen going first overall i think there are serious questions about his play...but never Rosen.

So many "experts" say Rosen is the best pure QB in the draft but never talk about him being the first QB off the board.

I dont watch college football so i was wondering for those who do why no one talks about Rosen going number.  Is there something in his game?  Or is it concerns about personality?

Probably because he is a full grade below Darnold and just about equal to Allen, Mayfield who both are said to have a higher upside.

Rosen does have his share of issues, personality, playboy type with a hot tub in his dorm room. Recall the last Playboy type in Matt Leinart? Durability issues and can't escape the pocket well. When he does move out of the pocket his accuracy drops like crazy. What really stands out is that he thinks he is smarter than his coaches and with UCLA he probably was...

None of these QBs are flawless they all have questions some bigger than others. Rosen checks all the boxes as a player when it comes to Accuracy, Footwork, Arm Strength and throwing with anticipation. His question marks are his health and some people are concerned that he is opinionated. He has had teammates come out and stand up saying he was a great team player. 

Darnold has had allot of turnovers and he concerns me with his decision making sometimes always looking to make the splash play and throwing caution to the wind. 

Allen is just a huge question mark across the board. I have seen games where he looked great and others where he was mediocre and missing on allot of throws.

Mayfield checks all the boxes with leadership and he is a total gamer. He is short and rolls out of the pocket allot but has good touch on his passes and accuracy.  

1. Mocks dont matter and are never close to correct. 
  2. Rosen has a Bradford body and Cutler-eque personality and leadership style.  He isnt likely going to be seen as the top QB ahead of a scouts prototype dream build in Darnold and Allen, or even over the much better resume of Baker Mayfield.  

Personally, I have Rosen now as #4 on my own Board, down from #2.  I have real durability concerns and I don't know he has what it takes to be a leader of a football team in the NFL.  

1 - Baker

2 - Darnold 

3a - Lamar

3b - Rosen

3c - Allen

Baker is my top guy, followed by Darnold.  After that, I see Lamar, Rosen and Allen all about the same in terms of equally having a claim to be the 3rd QB taken.  But I listed them in the preference I want them.  I listed Lamar as 3a because I think we can get him by staying at 12 and then get to keep the rest of our picks.  I put Rosen as 3b even though I have concerns about him, just because I feel like Allens best performance is at the combine, and I am always more skeptical of combine stars who dont have the game tape showcasing the same potential.  

I see all 5 as great QB prospects, so will be happy with any of them.  But Baker and Darnold are the only ones I would want us to trade up for where it would be costly.  The other 3, would prefer to see which falls to us at 12 and take the best one their, or only do a cheaper trade up to like 7, 8, 9, or 10 to get them.

Edited by Alphadawg7

9 hours ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

If Rosen had Darnolds personality there would be a lot more talk about him going number one. Because Rosen is more of a freethinker it scares a lot of NFL teams.   He also has more durability concerns than Darnold

Yup — if you are making a mock Darnold is the safe pick, Allen is the upside pick

rosen tends to be the guy that everyone likes a lot but no ones absolutely in love with. Plus he hasn’t been linked to the Browns via rumors like the other two.

Rosen may be the most pro ready QB in the draft, but there are some red flags especially for the Browns.  He's let it be known he wouldn't be thrilled by being drafted by the Browns.  He's had injuries and needs to play behind a solid offensive line.  Cleveland just lost their best offensive lineman to retirement.  Other QBs actually have more athleticism and higher upside.  Cleveland acquired Tyrod Taylor specifically so their rookie wouldn't have to start.  That gives them the freedom to draft a higher upside. less pro-ready QB with the first pick in the draft.  Right now, the Jets are the odds on favorite to be the destination for Rosen.

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that if you can fix Allens accuracy issues you could be getting the best QB out of this draft. His arm strength is off the charts and with a little better accuracy he could be a Big Ben type QB.

True, but that’s a serious and big IF. I’m no expert, and I’ve seen some great stuff, but I’ve also seen plenty that concerns me.