Bills very interested in rudolph

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That has been rumored for quite some time. However, I don’t think he’s #1 on their board. Otherwise they would not have already traded up to 12. 

Unless the trade up was to fake interest in a different quarterback while intending to take a top linebacker at 12?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That has been rumored for quite some time. However, I don’t think he’s #1 on their board. Otherwise they would not have already traded up to 12. 

I agree with you that he is not the Bills primary guy. But I do believe that if the price is too high to move up that selecting him with their second first round pick would be a good fallback position. In many ways he fits the Beane prototype for a qb. A pocket passer who has the physical attributes he prefers. Rudolph may not be a dynamic qb with an eye popping brand of play. But in my eyes he can be a legitimate franchise qb. If this isn't the type of qb that appeal to Buffalo it is the type of qb that appeals to the Steelers. 

Yolo, it is time to show some grace. Although it is against your nature it would be appropriate for you to congratulate the Michigan fans for their victory in the tournament. You need to go against your reactionary nature and be generous in spirit to the Wolverine victors. Just do it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think everyone is reading too much into the trade up. We were going to trade Glenn this offseason no matter what. We got a good deal and took it. It opened the door for a trade up into the top 5 but it didn't necessitate it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I would not be surprised if we end up with Roquon Smith and Mason Rudolph. McDermott gets the QB for his defense and his offense. Rudolph wouldn't be ready to start right away so we would have to live with McCarron for a while.

Honestly if we can't get Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield then I want them to draft defense and build that up. Getting Smith to lead the D would be a win. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would not be surprised if we end up with Roquon Smith and Mason Rudolph. McDermott gets the QB for his defense and his offense. Rudolph wouldn't be ready to start right away so we would have to live with McCarron for a while.

This would be a terrific outcome. Keeping our multiple picks in the second and third rounds would also give the roster a boost. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Unless the trade up was to fake interest in a different quarterback while intending to take a top linebacker at 12?

It’s possible but not sure why they would need to fake interest in any other QB in order to get a LB at 12. 

• Like (+1) 1

Original poster is way off on this. What he said is that he thought Rudolph would be a good fit in Buffalo he was comparing him in a way to Brandon Weeden who had great arm talent but ended up in a fiasco and Cleveland. Also mentioned Rudolph's faith and then Howard and Jeremy commented that that was something that caught their attention.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that he is not the Bills primary guy. But I do believe that if the price is too high to move up that selecting him with their second first round pick would be a good fallback position. In many ways he fits the Beane prototype for a qb. A pocket passer who has the physical attributes he prefers. Rudolph may not be a dynamic qb with an eye popping brand of play. But in my eyes he can be a legitimate franchise qb. If this isn't the type of qb that appeal to Buffalo it is the type of qb that appeals to the Steelers. 

Yolo, it is time to show some grace. Although it is against your nature it would be appropriate for you to congratulate the Michigan fans for their victory in the tournament. You need to go against your reactionary nature and be generous in spirit to the Wolverine victors. Just do it!

Surrounding a QB with Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Martavius Bryant is very similar to surrounding him with Shady McCoy, Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, ???.

I guess when you can't compete in football any longer you have to strut about basketball.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

While I do think the move was heavily QB in mind based, they were able to get out of under Cordy's contract while and obtain a better asset in the draft while doing so.

There were rumours we were trying to get the third overall pick... The Browns are not trading out, nor are the Giants, so is Beane going to hope the Browns are willing to trade out of four? They have enough draft capital as is, they dont have too much incentive to pass on an elite player at four.

As Bills fans, I'd recommend strongly getting to know specs like Rudolph, Lauletta, White, etc... 

Willing to bet we don't move up from 12, not saying we talk Rudolph at 12, but he absolutely could be the target at 22.

12 minutes ago, jr1 said:

I don't believe any of this **** anymore

That wasn’t very nice. :angry:

Tell ***** you’re sorry and that you believe him/her. All (s)he was doing was telling you what’s on the radio right now. :lol:

Edited by transient

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

This would be a terrific outcome. Keeping our multiple picks in the second and third rounds would also give the roster a boost. 

Smith will probably cost an extra 3rd to jump the Raiders but I would be all for that. Part of me wonders if getting him has been the plan all along, and the supposed connections to the top 3 QBs has been a smokescreen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It’s possible but not sure why they would need to fake interest in any other QB in order to get a LB at 12. 

I should have worded it in the other order.

They traded to 12 to be able to get the linebacker they want.

They get the added bonus of the perception that they traded up to get a QB.   - Makes some other team more hesitant to trade ahead of them if that team is also after a linebacker.   If a team really suspected the Bills are after a certain linebacker, perhaps they try to trade up just ahead of Buffalo somewhere.

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Check the Tourney thread  on OTW - I picked those weasels to go to the Final Four! 

:sick::death:

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Surrounding a QB with Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Martavius Bryant is very similar to surrounding him with Shady McCoy, Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, ???.

I guess when you can't compete in football any longer you have to strut about basketball.

The issue isn't what you have to surround a qb with because whether the qb is elite or average you want the talent around the qb to be the best it can be. The issue is whether you believe the qb has the ability to be a franchise qb. I doubt that he will be an elite qb but I do believe that he can in time be a good franchise qb. 

When it is basketball season and you shine then strutting is appropriate. 

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

As soon as they started playing Hail to the Victors last night I thought man, I haven’t heard this crappy tune in awhile.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Bills football  "Sure, we got the 7th best QB in the draft, but we got this linebacker.  Also here's a cornerback and a running back and a receiver who is already hurt."  May as well hang it outside of New Era.

I don’t know about Beane. But Rudolph and a MLB in the 1st seems VERY Sean McDermott to me 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Atta boy! Did it hurt? :)

Not really. I didn’t pick them to do further than that. I have SOME values.

• Like (+1) 1

This is pretty much where I am at too.  Grab the best ILB at 12 and then grab Rudolph later in the first and keep all of our picks.  I started out the 2017 college year with Darnold and Josh Allen at the top of my list and as the year went on they were replaced by Josh Rosen & Mason Rudolph as the best fits for our Bills.  While I would still love to land Rosen or Darnold, I just don't think the difference over Rudolph is worth the draft revenue to trade up, especially when you consider landing someone like R Smith. 

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It would be a horrid reach and prove that the Beane doesn't understand draft value.

Personal opinions vary but the kid is in the top 5 QB's in the draft so if he's top 5 not sure that is a huge reach ! At 12 Jackson may be a better pick if still there .

Now EJ on the other hand was a huge reach !! 

Seeing as a 6th round QB became the GOAT none of us know how these QB's will fair in the future ..

3 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I should have worded it in the other order.

They traded to 12 to be able to get the linebacker they want.

They get the added bonus of the perception that they traded up to get a QB.   - Makes some other team more hesitant to trade ahead of them if that team is also after a linebacker.   If a team really suspected the Bills are after a certain linebacker, perhaps they try to trade up just ahead of Buffalo somewhere.

If they traded up a few to get Roquon Smith and gave up a 3rd round pick, could they (would they) then try to move from 22 to assure themselves a QB like Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph (if they have him rated higher than others)?  What would it take to go from 22 to say 17 or 18?

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think everyone is reading too much into the trade up. We were going to trade Glenn this offseason no matter what. We got a good deal and took it. It opened the door for a trade up into the top 5 but it didn't necessitate it.

Thats whats always funny around this time. A team/coach/GM does something you like or agree with and it's "this is what they are doing....", they Do something you don't agree with and "it's a smokescreen to throw everyone off..."

The moved up to 12 because that's what they were able to do to maximize the return for Glenn. They were planning on moving him to clear cap space anyways and they worked out a deal to move up. Could it be that they also feel it would help if they wanted to move up, of course. Does it mean it's why they made the move, not at all. They have never said they were collecting picks to go all out for a QB, or that they were even looking at finding a franchise guy in the 1st and would do whatever it takes to get one. That's all fan and media speculation. They know they need a guy, but for all we know they like AJ enough for him to be the potential franchise guy.

It's the same as the Jets move up, everyone assumes it's for a QB, yet they just signed 2 guys and have 2 already.

• Thank you (+1) 1