Charles Davis 3/22/18 Mock Draft.

PIZ

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922586/article/charles-davis-mock-draft-20-darnold-slips-to-browns-at-no-4

1. Cleveland – Saquon Barkley.

2. NY Giants – Josh Rosen.

3. NY Jets – Baker Mayfield.

4. Cleveland – Sam Darnold.

5. Denver – Minkah Fitzpatrick.

6. Indy – Bradley Chubb.

7. Tampa – Derwin James.

8. Chicago – Quenton Nelson.

9. San Francisco – Denzel Ward.

10. Oakland – Tremaine Edmunds.

11. Miami – Vita Vea.

12. Buffalo – Josh Allen.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Jimmy Haslam was with Darnolds Parents all ProDay. 

The owner is not going to sit with Parents to take a RB 1st overall. 

Darnold will be the top pick

I think Allen is the riskiest pick of the top 4, but I think worth the gamble at 12 with no trade.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

i think it will be Josh Allen no matter how it shakes out.  i think that has been Beane's target all along

Why?

is it because the Bills sent scouts to a grand total of 1 of his games?

Or because they met with him for a total of 15min?

• Haha (+1) 1

If we could get one of Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield with out trading up, it is a huge win. One of those guys is going to drop. Once somebody makes in past the Broncos, we probably look to trade up. This may be Beane's strategy to wait it out. Guys always drop. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Why?

is it because the Bills sent scouts to a grand total of 1 of his games?

Or because they met with him for a total of 15min?

i think he checks the boxes of what Beane is looking for.  he is his Cam Newton.  I think they liked Darnold but he is gone and next big bodied athletic guy is Allen.  I like Rosen but something tells me they like Allen's upside and durability

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think Allen is the riskiest pick of the top 4, but I think worth the gamble at 12 with no trade.

As much as i hate the idea of Allen i could be talked into him at 12 (i did like him alot before the season started). Because at 12 you can still take a QB next year as well (albiet in a weak QB draft) 

Just now, kdiggz said:

i think he checks the boxes of what Beane is looking for.  he is his Cam Newton.  I think they liked Darnold but he is gone and next big bodied athletic guy is Allen.  I like Rosen but something tells me they like Allen's upside and durability

Not sure if he takes the riskiest QB in the draft. Miss and there is your job 

• Like (+1) 1

Eesh. I guess if we got him at 12 I wouldn't be on the ledge, as long as we got someone like Smith or Vea at 22. This is looking more and more likely, because with our WR corps even thinner than last year, we need all the picks we can get. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Eesh. I guess if we got him at 12 I wouldn't be on the ledge, as long as we got someone like Smith or Vea at 22. This is looking more and more likely, because with our WR corps even thinner than last year, we need all the picks we can get. 

WRs will come once draft is over and they see the QB position. 

They are not coming now because they sign 1 year deals at this point 

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

there's no way we sit back and wait until 12.  Miami is there at 11.  there's also wild card teams like the Cardinals or Ravens who could try and trade up.  i think if Allen is there at 6 we would be calling everyone to try and trade up (assuming we don't trade up before the draft).  I don't envision any scenarios where we end up having 2 first round picks this year

Edited by kdiggz

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

there's no way we sit back and wait until 12.  Miami is there at 11.  there's also wild card teams like the Ravens who could try and trade up.  i think if Allen is there at 6 we would be calling everyone to try and trade up (assuming we don't trade up before the draft)

I'm going to remain firm here in that I can't see Miami taking a QB high. I could see them taking someone like Falk or White later, but they still seem to have faith in Tannehill. 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I'm going to remain firm here in that I can't see Miami taking a QB high. I could see them taking someone like Falk or White later, but they still seem to have faith in Tannehill. 

they restructured his deal to where they have an out after this year.  they will give him 1 more chance but i think they are thinking QB if one happens to fall to them

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

there's no way we sit back and wait until 12.  Miami is there at 11.  there's also wild card teams like the Cardinals or Ravens who could try and trade up.  i think if Allen is there at 6 we would be calling everyone to try and trade up (assuming we don't trade up before the draft).  I don't envision any scenarios where we end up having 2 first round picks this year

I kinda do.  If you are talking moving into the six to ten range, I think you can package 12 and a second.  If it costs more, I don't think it costs 22.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I kinda do.  If you are talking moving into the six to ten range, I think you can package 12 and a second.  If it costs more, I don't think it costs 22.

maybe but I think everyone knows you are looking for a QB and so the price goes up and you only have like 2 min to make the deal so there's not a lot of time to negotiate

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sadly , this is looking more realistic Edit : I should have double checked CLE pick. I think they take Darnold. Once they signed Hyde, this seemed more apparent. 

I think that Hyde's presence in Cleveland has minimal impact on the Browns' plans.  They have a ton of cap space and I doubt that Hyde has a no trade clause.  Having Hyde is nothing more than having a hedge as to how Cleveland may want to work 1 and 4.  If Barkley is as advertised then Cleveland trades Hyde and gains a draft pick or two.

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

maybe but I think everyone knows you are looking for a QB and so the price goes up and you only have like 2 min to make the deal so there's not a lot of time to negotiate

Seems to me urgency is an equivocal factor.  It could work for you just as much as against.

Wow.  Darnold isn't lasting to #4.  He will almost certainly go #1.  I could see Allen drop to #12.  Allen is a scary pick. A little bit of that deer in the headlights feel to him.

Allen at #12 is quite possible. Looks the part but how many college QBs improve their accuracy in the NFL?

52 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

That may be true (I know that Cards and Phil’s are possible players), but I would not want to give up much to trade up for Allen or Jackson.  I’d just as soon sit at 12 and take the lower ceiling, but higher floor Rudolph and still have all of my other picks left.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I cant's see Denver passing on a QB, but I guess Elway should have a good handle on how this group stacks up talent-wise.

Allen at #12 would be palatable, although I suspect another QB-needy team might jump up to grab him if he starts to fall toward the Bills... 

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I cant's see Denver passing on a QB, but I guess Elway should have a good handle on how this group stacks up talent-wise.

Allen at #12 would be palatable, although I suspect another QB-needy team might jump up to grab him if he starts to fall toward the Bills... 

I think there is a very significant chance that Denver takes a QB.  Keenum is on a one year deal someone here was saying.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

From here I'd like them to stay put. Can get 6 quality players and starters if they get lucky. If we listened to anything Beane has said than we won't be shocked when he tries to get as many good rookie contracts on the books as he can. If he listens to us fans then he'll be the next Ex GM.

• Like (+1) 1

This is setting up so perfectly for Cleveland that there fans should be jumping in Lake Erie to celebrate.

They're going to get the top QB in the draft and even if they choose not to get a generational talent at RB at 4 they are almost certainly guaranteed to get the very best player at the next position off the board.

It just more and more likely seems like QB will be 1,2,3.  

Is Chubb the best player in the draft?  Is Barkley the best player in the draft?  Either way, Cleveland is likely to get one of the guys considered the best player in the draft at 4.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

I'm really not a fan of drafting Allen, but if we get him at 12 and get to use our picks to shore up LB, WR, and the O-line, I wouldn't be too disappointed. 

...and what if you sit at 12, and Allen gets picked at 11? Now what do you do for a QB in the draft?

41 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I think there is a very significant chance that Denver takes a QB.  Keenum is on a one year deal someone here was saying.

Unless Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield all go 1-4, I dont think there's any other way Denver passes on a QB at 5. They arent done just because they signed Keenum to a 2 year deal.

Just now, LabattBlue said:

...and what if you sit at 12, and Allen gets picked at 11? Now what do you do for a QB in the draft?

If, after nearly 20 years of getting lit up in our division by one of the best QBs of all time, the Bills let our other 2 division rivals take QBs in this draft ahead of us and we walk away empty handed... I might just give up NFL football.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I hear you. Given the choice, I'd rather move up and secure the QB (Rosen would be my choice, but get whoever they believe is the best). 

I'm just saying, if it played out this way, I'd be ok with it. I'd be ecstatic if we stayed at 12 and Baker fell to us though. 

2 hours ago, TOboy said:

I'm really not a fan of drafting Allen, but if we get him at 12 and get to use our picks to shore up LB, WR, and the O-line, I wouldn't be too disappointed. 

especially since we got a.j. signed for two yrs.  who might just turn out to be franchise material. i think allen will need 2yrs. but could pay off big.

at no.12, that's ok, thanks to rookie contracts. moving up for him....ummmm  no.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that Hyde's presence in Cleveland has minimal impact on the Browns' plans.  They have a ton of cap space and I doubt that Hyde has a no trade clause.  Having Hyde is nothing more than having a hedge as to how Cleveland may want to work 1 and 4.  If Barkley is as advertised then Cleveland trades Hyde and gains a draft pick or two.

if i were them i would take darnold and barkley. with tyrod and those 2 backs, that should really help until darnold's ready...plus they have a ton of picks to bolster their roster elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Brings up the question, would we rather have Josh Allen at 12, or Mason Rudolph at 22?

I’m starting to think the Giants at 2 and Browns at 4 are looking to stay where they are, so we won’t be moving up.

if mayfield gets taken by the jets, i 'm sitting at 12.  if there's a feeding frenzy going on, i take rudolph at 12. if it looks like we can get him at 22 for sure, i wait.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That may be true (I know that Cards and Phil’s are possible players), but I would not want to give up much to trade up for Allen or Jackson.  I’d just as soon sit at 12 and take the lower ceiling, but higher floor Rudolph and still have all of my other picks left.

yep i agree and maybe us fans should ask....if a.j. was in this draft class, where would he be ranked among these qbs?  two national champs, huge competitor, humble and has actually played in an nfl playoff game.  we do not need to sell the farm for any of these guys. like me some baker,

but will be fine with rudolph at 22.