Taylor's Legacy

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Shady sucked his first year here. Consistently bouncing to the outside for losses instead of hitting the designed hole was infuriating to watch. 

TT was pretty solid when put in a system that took advantage of his strengths. Independent of Shady.

Shady played hurt his whole first year here and he sucked so bad he averaged 4.4 ypc 

he wasn't typical shady but he hardly sucked 

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Shady sucked his first year here. Consistently bouncing to the outside for losses instead of hitting the designed hole was infuriating to watch. 

TT was pretty solid when put in a system that took advantage of his strengths. Independent of Shady.

Yeah 1200 yards in 12 games blows......

• Haha (+1) 1

Primary Roles 

Players job: Give it your all on the field, be a good teammate, be a positive member in the community

Coaches job: Prepare the team to succeed, develop players to reach potential, make player, strategy and game decisions.

Front office job: Set the roster including selection of players and contracts. Assessing teams needs and short term and long team strategy of roster.

Why do people express hate and blame on Taylor. He did his job. You could argue the coaches did not always put him in the best position to succeed, The front office did not provide the best roster. Or the front office and coaches should not have relied on TT. Those were other people decisions not TT. Blame them, nit the player. I could get it if he was some clown being lazy, getting into trouble or otherwise letting the other guys down. That is 100% not the case with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not Good Enough on the football field.    

Off thte field really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.  

Some would argue that off the field stuff and being a good human being is what really matters "in the grand scheme of things". Count me in that camp. 

TT was a great dude,  a good player,  but not a good enough QB. I suspect he will be fondly remembered by most Bills fans as the QB that broke the streak. 

6 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Some would argue that off the field stuff and being a good human being is what really matters "in the grand scheme of things". Count me in that camp. 

TT was a great dude,  a good player,  but not a good enough QB. I suspect he will be fondly remembered by most Bills fans as the QB that broke the streak. 

two sides to every coin. nothing wrong with the way you see it and nothing wrong with those that just wanted better and it just didn't happen. I was pulling for him early on, even got defensive like some still do. eyes don't lie and I didn't like what I saw on the field, especially toward the end of his short career in buffalo.

may he fare well

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

18 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The thread is intended for his football acumen and not personal life.  

EJ is a great kid too.  Yet.   

I think you get my point. 

Easy with the TT threads now guys....that page has been turned....there will be enough threads posted on here summerizing his week to week production with the Brownies........why not just concentrate on the evolution of this team moving forward....we got Mccarron now (very happy with the pickup) and lets see who we get as another QB......im excited moving forward....

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Who couldn’t score a single td in a playoff game.    

Just curious.....are you going to monitor his play by play week to week watching the Browns?

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I don’t watch the Browns.   I struggled to watch the Bills on offense last year with our terrible passing attack. 

So get over it...your nemisis is gone....enjoy the offseason....IMO

I appreciate everything he did in Buffalo and the way he represented our town with class. I think he played hard and handled his benching and contract situation with dignity and professionalism.  He didn't do anything to foster a locker room schism when all this was going on which could have hurt the team and possibly cost us our playoff appearance. There were times when he was throwing to a roster of wide receivers that was arguably the worst group in the league.  I'll always be a fan of TT but it was time to move on for both sides.

I wish him nothing but the best in the future, except when he plays our Bills....

Edited by Inigo Montoya

23 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Who couldn’t score a single td in a playoff game.    

...he was the first Bills QB in almost 20 yrs to make it to a playoff game.

wipe out that sand.

10 minutes ago, 87168 said:

...he was the first Bills QB in almost 20 yrs to make it to a playoff game.

wipe out that sand.

Its funny isnt it....some of these posters obviously were not around to witness our string of past QB's and offences that were downright tortuous to watch.....well asides from that one half season that Fitzy gave us some  hope......

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/14/tyrod-taylors-buffalo-legacy-includes-advocacy-for-blind-and-visually-impaired/

It's a nice read and I'm not sure it got mentioned.  Time may show him to be underappreciated here but well see. 

Watch Hue Jackson use him the right way, Tyrod has a near MVP type season throwing to Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, their TEs and Duke Johnson.  The Browns rebound from a winless season to go 8-8.  Then Darnold starts the next season.

35 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Watch Hue Jackson use him the right way, Tyrod has a near MVP type season throwing to Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, their TEs and Duke Johnson.  The Browns rebound from a winless season to go 8-8.  Then Darnold starts the next season.

MVP ????

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The thread is intended for his football acumen and not personal life.  

EJ is a great kid too.  Yet.   

I think you get my point. 

I do. We have differing views on what the grand scheme of things is,  I suppose. 

Thanks for the 3 points playoff performance. It was special. Good luck starting for the worst team in football. Hopefully you don't get benched for a rookie two years in a row. I bet your sure glad you had a chance to come back after being benched to show one last time your a true choke artist.

You were the best back up QB to ever grace us as a starter and kept my 500 team at 500. Thank you.

Edited by Lfod

10 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I do. We have differing views on what the grand scheme of things is,  I suppose. 

Again these are 2 separate things.  

I deem as his failings on the field as a good part of his legacy.   

pretty much every player does charity work and is a “good guy”.  

You need to keep my comments above separate from personal community activities.   

1 hour ago, JPP said:

Its funny isnt it....some of these posters obviously were not around to witness our string of past QB's and offences that were downright tortuous to watch.....well asides from that one half season that Fitzy gave us some  hope......

The Trent/JP offenses were dreadful.

I was a "TT supporter" until last year. I still believe he COULD be good. Remember those beautiful long passes in his year one? Combine that with a great year by Shady that year, a better defense, and boom, he looks like a star, and, gulp, Rex Ryan is still here! But he's way too gun shy and can't throw over the middle on quick drops. He'll likely never change that. But on a team with a speedster WR and an awesome defense, his ability to avoid turnovers become golden.  

I always see posts about how it's too bad TT was not better on the field because he was such a good teammate and good guy off the field. I suppose this could be true, and he certainly seemed to have several really close relationships with teammates, but the only thing that was more ridiculous than watching him try to play football was watching him between offensive possessions. Always sitting on the bench, mostly alone, never looking at tablets or printout of plays, never talking to coaches, always looking mad/sad, never rooting for the defense, etc. It always seemed like he'd rather be pretty much anywhere else.

His legacy is that he's a career backup who, when given (and I mean given) the chance to start, proved that he is, indeed, a career backup.  He took a paycut to remain a "starter" and got traded to the worst team in the history of the NFL for a 3rd round pick.  He sucks.  That's his legacy.  Oh .. and let's not forget how he whipped out the race card, pretending that just because he's a black QB that he's held to higher standards.  Pathetic.

In my eyes the legacy of Tyrod in Buffalo is simple.

He wasn't as promising as his supporters hoped. He wasn't as bad as his doubters made out. He was average, with occasional moments where he would show his athleticism.  With Taylor every Ying has its Yang. He was careful with the ball...yet too careful at times. He could run the ball well...yet was hesitant at times resulting in sacks.

Good teammate. Professional. Well dressed. And like most players these days, active in the community. An exemplary human being and an exemplary athlete that will best be remembered as a sub par passer.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Again these are 2 separate things.  

I deem as his failings on the field as a good part of his legacy.   

pretty much every player does charity work and is a “good guy”.  

You need to keep my comments above separate from personal community activities.   

Ok dude.  My point was that your initial assertion that "off the field things don't matter in the grand scheme of things" is pretty ignorant.  My view is that the time,  energy,  money someone pours into someone / something bigger than themselves is what really matters in the grand scheme of things (life). Ones ability to throw a football is way down on the list. 

Maybe in the future,  you can work on your articulation skills? 

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Considering both back up RBs averaged BETTER YPC and more TDs than Shady, you could arugue Shady was the worst back on the team that year. 

Barely 900 yards rushing and only 3 TDs on the ground. 

He was great in 2016. He was pretty average in 2015. 

Geezus Scott.

Cherry picking at its finest.

900 yards mentioned but not his ypc or games missed.  That’s like saying Deshaun Watson was just average last year because he only had 19 TD’s.

Yeah Williams and Gillisee had a better ypc average but Shady has 110 more carries than Williams and 150 more than Gilly.  

Take a look at the link Scott.  Let me know why you don’t see Gilly and Williams at the top in the ypc ranks.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt/year/2015

Maybe because they didn’t qualify because they had too little carries?  Are you also going to argue Marcus Murphy had a better year than Shady last year because he had a much better ypc?

Shady worst back in 2015?  WTF

Edited by Royale with Cheese