Bills Sign Newhouse and Bodine

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

On point. From T mobile.... to immobile. 

Doesn’t matter if he can get the ball out on time. People don’t realize how well our line was doing because Taylor held it way too long til someone was wide open. 

Most of the running around he did was because of how long it took him to find a receiver. Not because of the line. 

Lauding Taylor for keeping a play going when he was the cause is took so long to begin with was the main reason people think our line was worse than it was. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Interesting how it seems we've made obtaining OL depth such a priority this year, even though it was just as much of a need last year.

since last year is past tense. I'm looking at this year, the here and now, last year doesn't matter anymore. so it is a good thing they're meeting the need this year, no?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't know anything about these players, but some fellas who seem to know what they are talking about have classified them as poor players.  What I meant by desperation, however, was not that it was a move of desperation by OBD, but that a team only plays subpar players when forced to; desperate in that sense.  I am fine with signing average players with experience.  

Gotcha and that makes sense.  On another note,  Marvin Lewis had nothing but good things to say about Bodine.  We'll see how it all shakes out, but I like adding veteran depth to the OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

The imminent trade up because they signed 2 vetran lineman is a bit ridiculous.  They traded a tackle and the starting center retired.  Were they suppose to field a team of rookies?

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

Definitely needed some depth at center and Tackle position.  Let them fight it out in camp

Exactly! You can still use a few of our many picks on OL. Or to trade up. I trust this FO more than anything I can remember in a long, long time. 

Bodine is bad. But they do need someone to fill the backup C/LG role Groy filled last year, so whatever. Works for me. Newhouse is essentially replacing Seantrel Henderson as a depth tackle