Cover 1:. 5 Reasons Lamar Jackson is the Bills Target

PIZ

My personal stock for this kid has rose a ton over the last week doing my own little research. This article is pretty much spot on to the conclusion I had during that research. 

He jumped to #3 for me a couple days ago and I would be happy to see him in a Bills Uni all day.

1. Rosen

2. Mayfield

3. Jackson

or BUST.......

• Like (+1) 2

Jackson is my 3rd favorite guy behind Mayfield and rosen.  I think the ep offense connection can't be ignored so I also don't think it's a huge leap to think he is there guy.

Darnold and Allen are the 2 I most worry about with the top 5 guys.  I think Jackson would be there at 12 so choosing him would allow the Bills to rebuild with the rest of their picks as well.

Just now, Playoffs? said:

I could live with Jackson.. as long as we don’t have to trade up for him.   Will he last until 12?

Dolphins could take him. I could see Arizona moving up to take him as well.

Just now, Playoffs? said:

I could live with Jackson.. as long as we don’t have to trade up for him.   Will he last until 12?

I am hoping we can get him at 22.  After the big 4 are off the board- that leaves 18 selections before 22.  There are many damn good football players outside the QB position- I think there is a shot Jackson slides that far.  And didn't Vick go top 5?  Jackson is better then VIck in his prime.  I would be happy if we Jackson is a Bill

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I am hoping we can get him at 22.  After the big 4 are off the board- that leaves 18 selections before 22.  There are many damn good football players outside the QB position- I think there is a shot Jackson slides that far.  And didn't Vick go top 5?  Jackson is better then VIck in his prime.  I would be happy if we Jackson is a Bill

To me you either like him and get him 12 at the latest or don't draft him at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

To me you either like him and get him 12 at the latest or don't draft him at all.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

The article in question mentions where vick was drafted a couple times...

I draft Roquan at 12 and monitor where Mayfield and Jackson slide.  We have plenty of coin to trade up from 22 to say 16.  And it won't cost anywhere as much as 12 to 2

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...couple of quick questions...what if THAT system is NOT what McD wants to employ?.....who wins that argument?......not being able to watch college ball, I am ASSUMING (probably wrong) from what I've read that Jackson is generically an upscale TT, meaning greater attributes.....so in YOUR view (forget my opinion), was it TT's "style" that excluded him from the long term plan or was it his deficiencies as is in a consistently threatening passing game (or lack thereof) that caused the decision?.....does Jackson's ability in the passing game exceed those abilities and if so, does his overall style fit in what this gang is looking for?.....

Just now, Pete said:

I draft Roquan at 12 and monitor where Mayfield and Jackson slide.  We have plenty of coin to trade up from 22 to say 16.  And it won't cost anywhere as much as 12 to 2

My money is on Roquan being gone by 12 and Jackson by 15. I'm curious if the media perceptions will be clarified in the next month. 

You can still get an over/under prop on Jackson which has him at like pick 31.5. The under was ~(-220), but still seems like free money to me

10 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Dolphins could take him. I could see Arizona moving up to take him as well.

I think the Dolphins may want Mayfield.

Definitely heard Arizona may like him. I know (newly retired) Bruce Arians supposedly loves him.

I think the trade with Cincy happened for multiple reasons. But... Could part of the reason be that Beane wanted to trade up in front of Arizona? (Although I think that is likely even if Jackson isn't the target, simply because Arizona is definitely in the QB market). 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think the trade with Cincy happened for multiple reasons. But... Could part of the reason be that Beane wanted to trade up in front of Arizona? (Although I think that is likely even if Jackson isn't the target, simply because Arizona is definitely in the QB market). 

That would fit what I think of Beane.  Trade up to 12 to get everyone to think you are moving up to 3, when the real target can be taken at 12.  Who knows?  Don't lose faith TBD.  "Trust the Process" goes for us too.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...couple of quick questions...what if THAT system is NOT what McD wants to employ?.....who wins that argument?......not being able to watch college ball, I am ASSUMING (probably wrong) from what I've read that Jackson is generically an upscale TT, meaning greater attributes.....so in YOUR view (forget my opinion), was it TT's "style" that excluded him from the long term plan or was it his deficiencies as is in a consistently threatening passing game (or lack thereof) that caused the decision?.....does Jackson's ability in the passing game exceed those abilities and if so, does his overall style fit in what this gang is looking for?.....

Then why did he bring Daboll here?

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think the Dolphins may want Mayfield.

Definitely heard Arizona may like him. I know (newly retired) Bruce Arians supposedly loves him.

There is so much uncertainty in the draft order. IMO Mayfield is going to the Jets at 3.

1. CLE - Darnold

2. NYG or Trade - Rosen

3. NYJ - Mayfield

4. CLE - Barkley

5. DEN  - ???

6. IND - Chubb

From there it's harder to project.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

really? he hasn't even set one foot on NFL turf and he is already better than Vick (in his prime)? 

this might just be slightly delusional

Edited by Foxx

Just now, Foxx said:

really? he hasn't even set one foot on NFL turf and he is already better than Vick? 

this might just be slightly dilussional

have you seen him play?  He is faster, and is a better passer

Just now, Foxx said:

really? he hasn't even set one foot on NFL turf and he is already better than Vick? 

this might just be slightly dilussional

According to Vick himself. Although I do take that with a grain of salt, but that is likely where the narrative is coming from

1 minute ago, Pete said:

have you seen him play?  He is faster, and is a better passer

i've watched him some, yes. what he has done in college will not necessarily translate to the pro environment.

According to Vick himself. Although I do take that with a grain of salt, but that is likely where the narrative is coming from

gotcha, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Fetou said:

There is so much uncertainty in the draft order. IMO Mayfield is going to the Jets at 3.

1. CLE - Darnold

2. NYG or Trade - Rosen

3. NYJ - Mayfield

4. CLE - Barkley

5. DEN  - ???

6. IND - Chubb

From there it's harder to project.

The order QBs are drafted in is usually pretty hard to predict. Unless there are 1 or 2 clear cut can't miss QB prospects and not much after that (like in the Winston and Mariota draft, or Goff/Wentz). 

This year there really is no clear cut #1 rated QB. It looks to be a very deep QB draft and It seems to be a group of 3, 4 or even 5 that are at the top. So your guess is as good as mine... 

Although I think either Rosen or Allen go to the NYJ, and Mayfield to either Denver or Miami. That's my best guess as of now. 

26 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Then why did he bring Daboll here?

...sincere apology for the confusion bud....you know your stuff so let me attempt to rephrase.......my opinion (usually flawed) is that the offensive scheme is a collaborative effort between Mc Beane, McD and McDaboll......assuming TT and Jackson are of similar styles and that Jackson is an upscale TT, does the trio like the "style" first and foremost (ie. mobility attribute)?...was TT excluded from the plan because his SUBSTANCE fell short ala a consistently threatening passing game when called upon?....does Jackson's perceived upscale nature fill that void to where style is fine but his substance fits their bill versus keeping TT?.....I'm probably as clear as mud regarding my question so I'm here to claify...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sincere apology for the confusion bud....you know your stuff so let me attempt to rephrase.......my opinion (usually flawed) is that the offensive scheme is a collaborative effort between Mc Beane, McD and McDaboll......assuming TT and Jackson are of similar styles and that Jackson is an upscale TT, does the trio like the "style" first and foremost (ie. mobility attribute)?...was TT excluded from the plan because his SUBSTANCE fell short ala a consistently threatening passing game when called upon?....does Jackson's perceived upscale nature fill that void to where style is fine but his substance fits their bill versus keeping TT?.....I'm probably as clear as mud regarding my question so I'm here to claify...

TT might have been the mold they wanted all along and why they let him play last year? IDK, TT left way to many plays on the field slip by and the McD system did not agree with it any longer. I'm excited to see which direction we go on 4/26 and will buy into what they do. 

39 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i've watched him some, yes. what he has done in college will not necessarily translate to the pro environment.

gotcha, thanks.

His game will translate if coaches don't try and make him something he's not. The only question I have is can he stay healthy. He has to avoid contact. 

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Not going to happen, the Jets will take him at 3 and look like fools.

All that matters in the long run is the outcome. If Rosen somehow falls past 4 I hope the price comes down enough to make a move.

I don't have a problem with Jackson at 12 but rather not trade up into the top 5 to get him.  That's too much.  Then at 22, perhaps trade down and load up on more picks or pick best available linebacker.  However, I am hoping that they sign Will Compton for mike role, looks like another diamond in the rough like Hyde and Poyer from last year.  I like how Beane is getting guys on the cheaper side who have some starting experience and moving them into full time starting roles.