Josh Rosen Pro Day 3/15

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

...I automatically think Baby Boomer. 

As a card-carrying member of that most-selfish generation, it always makes me chuckle when Boomers accuse anyone of being "entitled"...

This

• Like (+1) 1

I started out the 2017 college season with Darnold & Allen at the top of my list for QBs that I wanted for the Bills.  As the year progressed, those 2 were replaced by Rosen, Rudolph & Mayfield.  Mayfield scares me because he reminds me of past QBs like Vince Young & Tyrod Taylor in the fact that they made everything look so easy in college that they couldn't do so easily in the Pros. Allen dropped down because he had such a terrible year but he didn't have a decent supporting cast but you can not deny he has an incredible arm and size (can't coach size & arm strength).  Rudulph had insane numbers and was benched before most games were over due to games being blowouts.  Rosen has the quickest release and tightest/consistent spiral along with decent size.  I do worry about Rosen's durability in the NFL, he seems a little skinny yet - need to bulk that boy up.  Darnols loses me with his "ho-hum" personality, I want someone with a little more passion/character.

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Denver sent 3 people, including Elway and Vance Joseph.  Not sure who the 3rd was.

Probably Kubiak. He's Elway's right hand guy and probably going to take his job back (after some rest) once Elway fires Vance Joseph. Dude is a dead man walking. I think Elway clearly hired him, so he can fire him after two years and no one would care. Kubiak needed a break. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Probably Kubiak. He's Elway's right hand guy and probably going to take his job back (after some rest) once Elway fires Vance Joseph. Dude is a dead man walking. I think Elway clearly hired him, so he can fire him after two years and no one would care. Kubiak needed a break. 

You're correct.  I read the OU report last night and they mentioned Kubiak was there as a Sr. advisor.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Really? Because most millennials I was in classes with went into STEM fields, and they can't get anything other than an entry level job with 5-10 years practical experience. I lot I know work a side gig, or have two jobs.

When I hear "entitled" it's usually part of a story like, "and so I asked him to come in on his day off, with no notice, and then he had the gall to ask that we pay him overtime because he was pushing past 40 hours. I told him we would roll those hours to next week so we don't have to report overtime. (I personally had this happen to me multiple times before I graduated). Can you believe the entitlement?" 

Ha.  Been an engineer for 30 years.  Can't even begin to tell you how many 60+ hours weeks I worked as the NORM - how many weekends.  What the hell is overtime????  Welcome to the real world

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if they will send out McDerm to anyones pro day like broncos did with vance. The Broncos will draft Mayfield at 5 if he is there. They requested to work with him at the senior bowl and now this.

If Beane or Derm are their personally, its a big sign we are looking at taking Rosen with #2 or #3

I really hope the Bills can land this kid.

I did the math for the Bills to trade up to 2.

The 2nd pick is valued at 2600.

Bills would need to trade 12, 22, 53, 65 to hit 2635.

Because of the high demand for the QB position, and they may be in a potential bidding war with the Jets and Broncos, they may even have to throw another 2nd or 3rd in to finish the deal.

Going to cost a lot but I am hoping they do it!

Edited by billsfan11

Rosen does well today.  How could he not its his pro day, I expect Buffalo to lock up a top pick during the owners meeting.  When the Eagles and Rams moved it was fairly early on in the process.  Once there minds where made up it happened quick.  Comes down to what they feel comfortable with spending.  

Really hope the Bills make a show of force and send the whole organization to UCLA for Rosen's Pro Day and then announce the trade tomorrow after they finish taking him to dinner tonight 

Today might be a big day for the franchise if Rosen is the target. There's another one coming up that we might hear about trades which is the Annual League Meeting(3.22.18 - 3.25.2018).

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

40 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Ha.  Been an engineer for 30 years.  Can't even begin to tell you how many 60+ hours weeks I worked as the NORM - how many weekends.  What the hell is overtime????  Welcome to the real world

And that's fine...when you working salaried. Not when you are hourly and don't get those extra benefits.

1 hour ago, stony said:

I think Rosen fits into the elite processing ability.  Not so sure about the quick feet part.  But then again, half my friends are Giants fans, and they'd tell you Peyton may as well have been Usain Bolt compared to Eli.  

Eli is just not in the same building with Peyton, but the Giants could have done better with him than they have.

45 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

And that's fine...when you working salaried. Not when you are hourly and don't get those extra benefits.

Yeah OK - didn't mean to get all 'get off my lawn' on you :) (it's been a tough week at work)

When I started with IBM (late 80s) you were hired in as non-exempt, which meant you made overtime until you got your first promotion to exempt (no overtime).  Was always a huge pay cut when people got that first promotion and lost all the (paid) OT (and worked the same hours).

Edited by stevewin

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yep. Difference between exempt and non-exempt status.