Josh Rosen Pro Day 3/15

20 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Really hope the Bills make a show of force and send the whole organization to UCLA for Rosen's Pro Day and then announce the trade tomorrow after they finish taking him to dinner tonight

Why would they show their hand like that?  Send the same guy to all the pro days and keep it quiet as they can.  If you give a big "tell" to the auctioneer you bring up the price.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I AM a millennial (an older one), and so is every player in the draft this year. Pointing out Rosen in particular is stupid, because you can make that argument for each and every player out there.

"Millenial" has become Boomer code for "I don't understand it, and I don't like it, and it's someone younger, so let's call it a Millenial problem"

I agree.  I am a boomer who has taught and advised many millenials as a law school prof. and a practicing attorney.  To me these broad characterizations of millenials are no different than the ageist characterizations of older people.  Each group is a broad array of individuals -- if you're going to judge them, judge them as individuals.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why would they show their hand like that?  Send the same guy to all the pro days and keep it quiet as they can.  If you give a big "tell" to the auctioneer you bring up the price.

Yep, not necessary to have the whole team there like the Broncos did yesterday. Have 1-2 scouts there just to see how things go. If you are interested you will invite him for a pre-draft visit and workout. That's what will be the most telling

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's true and I just now remember the Bears sending their whole organization to DeShaun Watson Pro Day last year to throw people off their Trubisky scent 

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/237355/nfl-draft-deception-the-art-of-the-smoke-screen

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Yeah OK - didn't mean to get all 'get off my lawn' on you :) (it's been a tough week at work)

When I started with IBM (late 80s) you were hired in as non-exempt, which meant you made overtime until you got your first promotion to exempt (no overtime).  Was always a huge pay cut when people got that first promotion and lost all the OT.

You both have good points.  15 yrs ago I got a contract worker hired on who had made copious overtime (but no benefits)and he pissed and moaned about the paycut.  I had to sit him down and add up the present value of his benefits - at the time, a pension AND a copious 401k match, the health and life insurance, etcetera. - to help him feel better about the situation.  The worst case is when you're non-exempt and the employer cooks the books to avoid (or outright creates an environment where you don't get) overtime.  You don't get the benefits AND you don't get the pay.  BTDT in my first job, which resulted in a lawsuit and reclassification of many of us 3 paygrades higher as "exempt".

Thing is now, 15 years later, that same exact company has eliminated the pension and cut back the 401k match, because they can.  More money for shareholders, less investment in the workforce and in future products.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thing is now, 15 years later, that same exact company has eliminated the pension and cut back the 401k match, because they can.  More money for shareholders, less investment in the workforce and in future products.

A lot of companies cutting back on benefits to try and save costs. I wish I could go back in time and max out my 401k. Now working as a contractor you miss those types of extras.

1 hr until the Chosen Rosen

4 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think there are legitimate concerns about Rosen being athletic and big enough to extend plays in NFL.  Is he going to be an easy target for NFL pass rushes?  Also makes you worry about the concussions.  Eli and Brady have quick feet and elite processing ability.  

I'm not sure if it's athleticism as much as pocket awareness. Biggest flaw I can see in his game. Fwiw, I'd still be thrilled to draft him (but I'd want a legit Oline for him)

5 hours ago, H2o said:

Which reps from the Bills were at Mayfield's Pro Day yesterday? Does anyone know?

5 hours ago, jpsp3434 said:

Slowly he is becoming my pick as well.  Curious as well who from the Bills will be in attendance today as well as who attended Mayfield's pro day yesterday.  I feel that will definitely tell us there motives.  

Not sure who it was, but I believe it was confirmed that Beane, McDermott, nor Badol were in attendance. Another scout/coach I would assume. 

Rosen is now out on the field talking to people but not yet throwing. Elway/Joseph are there again, skipping the Keenum signing press conference in Denver. Gee, I wonder if they are taking a QB at 5. Haven't heard if any Bills brass are in attendance yet

Edited by kdiggz

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

...I automatically think Baby Boomer. 

As a card-carrying member of that most-selfish generation, it always makes me chuckle when Boomers accuse anyone of being "entitled"...

It's even worse than that actually.  Boomers have almost single-handedly destroyed the planet and most of its institutions - and their new pastime is to blame Millennials for that destruction.  It's bad enough that Millennials have inherited a situation where they have a substantial likelihood of having a lower quality of life than their parents' generation - but to blame them for it, and to mock them for being "checked out" - is really adding insult to injury.

Baby Boomers are the most selfish generation that has ever slithered its way across the planet and it's time for them to cede this round rock to the rest of us so that we can start cleaning up their mess.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 5

All 32 teams represented including:

Broncos John Elways, Vance Joseph, Gary Kubiak

Chargers HC Anthony Lynn

Jets GM Mike McCagnan

Bengals HC Marvin Lewis

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff

UCLA HC Chip Kelly

Edited by kdiggz

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

I have NFL Network on but they are airing the Cousin's presser.  Is there a live stream of the UCLA pro day out there anywhere?

He's not throwing yet, they will probably go to it after the presser is done