Josh Rosen Pro Day 3/15

17 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You won't root for Mayfield but want Rosen. Wow

No offense but Mayfield was a walk on twice for a reason. He has overachived and that's great but Rosen was the top QB in the country coming out of high school for a reason as well. He's the best

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

...I automatically think Baby Boomer. 

As a card-carrying member of that most-selfish generation, it always makes me chuckle when Boomers accuse anyone of being "entitled"...

It is hilarious how unaware boomers are of how other generations viewed them, and how they will be viewed historically.

That's for another thread though.

I hope we get him, if we don't, I hope he busts.

Now that is what a QB is supposed to look like! Git r Done Beaner

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

It is hilarious how unaware boomers are of how other generations viewed them, and how they will be viewed historically.

You sound like a baby boomer:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

They literally destroyed the planet.

10 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I work with and supervise millennials; ergo, it bears investigating.  

Agreed.

30 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

No offense but Mayfield was a walk on twice for a reason. He has overachived and that's great but Rosen was the top QB in the country coming out of high school for a reason as well. He's the best

Irrelevant. So are you saying that teams should draft 5 star recruits over players that did well in college?

Edited by OldTimer1960

26 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Irrelevant. So are you saying that teams should draft 5 star recruits over players that did well in college?

They both did well in college. If its close and you are wondering which is better the safe bet is the one that has been better his whole life

Just now, kdiggz said:

They both did well in college. If its close and you are wondering which is better the safe bet is the one that has been better his whole life

Better his whole life is fuzzy.  Rosen was better only in that he was more highly recruited coming out of HS.

17 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Better his whole life is fuzzy.  Rosen was better only in that he was more highly recruited coming out of HS.

He played at the top prep school in the country. Hes been highly recruited since 8th grade.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

So his 4 years of great play in college don’t matter?  Maybe businesses should only hire high school valedictorians.

It matters that's why he's also a high 1st round pick. As an overall prospect it doesn't tell the whole story though. You have to look at height, weight, pedigree, intelligence, arm strength, offensive system, mechanics, etc. Rosen bests him on most of those things imo and the opinion of many others

Can we all just come to terms with the fact that Brandon Beane is not going to draft Baker Mayfield? Then the debates can end. The dude is not going to hitch his reputation and his career on a small, unathletic quarterback who makes excuses and has trouble with the law. It just isn’t going to happen. He is going to draft Rosen, Darnold, or Allen. At least if it doesn’t work no one will blame him because he took a shot and trusted the process. Mayfield is the anti process. He’s the risky leap of faith. Not Beane’s style. 

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

It matters that's why he's also a high 1st round pick. As an overall prospect it doesn't tell the whole story though. You have to look at height, weight, pedigree, intelligence, arm strength, offensive system, mechanics, etc. Rosen bests him on most of those things imo and the opinion of many others

Height, weight, football IQ, arm strength, offensive system are all comparable to Lamar Jackson. He bests Jackson on mechanics, but Jackson bests him on athleticism. If I'm the Bills, I'm staying at 12, getting Lamar and building the rest of my roster with remaining draft picks.

Edited by the skycap

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

To be sure, I think that Rosen is better right now than Allen is.  But, I could see why a team might love Allen’s physical gifts and forgive his collegiate shortcomings due to a weak supporting cast. 

Who will be better in the NFL?  I don’t think it is clear cut.  Me, I think that Mayfield’s competitiveness may overcome his physical shortcomings and allow him to excel.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Can we all just come to terms with the fact that Brandon Beane is not going to draft Baker Mayfield? Then the debates can end. The dude is not going to hitch his reputation and his career on a small, unathletic quarterback who makes excuses and has trouble with the law. It just isn’t going to happen. He is going to draft Rosen, Darnold, or Allen. At least if it doesn’t work no one will blame him because he took a shot and trusted the process. Mayfield is the anti process. He’s the risky leap of faith. Not Beane’s style. 

I'm a big fan of Baker but I agree, Beane is not targeting him.