Sal says UFA QB's was not the Bills plan

Just now, 1billsfan said:

There may not be any of the top 5 left. That's the scenario I was talking about.

Kansas City came from pick #27 to the Bills #10 spot to draft a QB and they already had Alex Smith. Teams that could trade ahead off the Bills for the last of the top 5 QBs in this class are...

15. Cardinals

17. Chargers

27. Saints

28. Steelers

29. Jacksonville

The Bills may have to trade up from #12 to even get the chance to draft Lamar Jackson.

6 in the top 12 would be unprecedented

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

There may not be any of the top 5 left. That's the scenario I was talking about.

Kansas City came from pick #27 to the Bills #10 spot to draft a QB and they already had Alex Smith. Teams that could trade ahead of the Bills for the last of the top 5 QBs in this class are...

15. Cardinals

17. Chargers

27. Saints

28. Steelers

29. Jacksonville

The Bills may have to trade up from #12 to even get the chance to draft Lamar Jackson.

Then giving up a first and a third for Foles is a failure.

Why would you screw yourself even more?

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Then giving up a first and a third for Foles is a failure.

Why would you screw yourself even more?

I really don't see what the other option would be. Is it Peterman? They are going to watch Mahomes and Watson (two guys they could have drafted) light up the league in 2018, miss out entirely on the top 5 QBs in the 2018 draft, and then start Peterman? That seems like a very far stretch and I don't see that happening in any way, shape or form. Foles is probably the Bills franchise's panic button, and they are probably very relieved to have an option like him after what he did to the Pats in the Super Bowl.

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

6 in the top 12 would be unprecedented

I was referring to a team jumping ahead of the Bills to take the fifth (and last) top QB.

certainly is a mystery to me. and good fun.

But no way in hell they could start Peterman. The Team would all kneel in protest that Bills are tanking ... lol even the trainers.
Does not matter who they draft Bills still need a Veteran in the Room. Period.

and maybe they need someone who could start the Season? Eve if they are going to fast Track the Rook.

It's Foles,  or they are moving up from 12 to secure their vision of the future state in Buffalo Bills Territory and bringing in  a Matt Moore to play a couple games.

But darn it i really cannot get a bead on them. Well done I say for Beane et al !

If it IS Foles i am going to say I told you so.
And they still better draft one of worth and not a 5th round potential back up

Go Bills

49 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

McCarron hasn't received an offer from the pats. 

I personally would like the bills to consider making him the bridge?

he's the best of those left, imo.

Conflicting reports of Patriots' interest in AJ McCarron as Tom Brady's backup

889675632-chicago-bears-v-cincinnati-ben

by John Breech 1h ago

Conflicting reports

According to WEEI radio in Boston, the Patriots have made a contract offer to McCarron, although it's not clear how big or small the offer might be. It's also not clear if McCarron is considering the offer and that's because if he signs in New England, he'd basically have a zero percent chance of becoming the starter due to the fact that Tom Brady plans on playing until he's 45. Also, according to the Boston Globe, McCarron never actually received an offer

Whatever happens, it's starting to look like McCarron doesn't have a ton of options, which is bad news when you consider that free agency hasn't even started yet. Although there's been a legal tampering period going on since Monday, free agent players can't start signing new contracts until 4 p.m. on Wednesday.  

If the Patriots didn't make an offer to McCarron, then it wouldn't be a surprise to see them draft a potential backup for Tom Brady in April.

didn't call it, but glad it came to be

GO BILLS!!!

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Translation: We didn't sign any of the guys we were pursuing so we are going to say we weren't pursuing any of them to not look inept.

I don't think that we are in the Whaley era any more...I don't trust ANY of the information that is shared by Buffalo brass at this point (which is a good thing!).  IMHO, they only share information to manipulate the market...not to cover their mistakes like Whaley/Russ were prone to do.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow that tweet he replied to was quite interesting -

Wouldn't you think he'd want to gather as much information as he possonly could on every 1 of these QB if they're really drafting a guy at 1? 

Unless they're really just that sold on Darnold. 

I mean, they could still have them both in for private workouts.

But why not go to their pro days anyway?  

Do you know, Did anyone One from the Browns attend? Their asst GM maybe? 

I dunno - I’m sold on Darnold. I love his game. He is just 20 years old, you know ...

• Like (+1) 1

Where exactly was Sal wrong?  

“They never really pursued any of the QBs who were signed”. TRUE

“Was never the plan going into the week”. Well this refers to the first statement which was true, so....

what at am I missing?

Just now, DFT said:

Where exactly was Sal wrong?  

“They never really pursued any of the QBs who were signed”. TRUE

“Was never the plan going into the week”. Well this refers to the first statement which was true, so....

what at am I missing?

Nothing.  The thread title misrepresents what Capaccio actually posted as the OP acknowledged. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nothing.  The thread title misrepresents what Capaccio actually posted as the OP acknowledged. 

Yep, I got that.  What I don’t understand is the posts above yours.  I would love if one of those gents could enlighten everyone on where Sal was wrong.  

Just now, DFT said:

His track record and affiliations within the organization both kind of do, though.

I like Sal.  But I doubt the inner circle lets him in on what they're really thinking, at least when it comes to FA and especially the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I like Sal.  But I doubt the inner circle lets him in on what they're really thinking, at least when it comes to FA and especially the draft. 

Yikes...  few have been more on point throughout the last 5 years, but it’s cool that you like him and stuff...

Just now, DFT said:

Yikes...  few have been more on point throughout the last 5 years, but it’s cool that you like him and stuff...

More on point...about what the Bills will do in FA and the draft?  OK, how much of last year's draft did he predict?  How about this year's FA period?

2 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

It'a a pretty clear attention grab. It says, hey all, I know something you don't know.

Intent is funny that way...   I do like how you associated the emoji with him saying he knew something you don’t, rather then he knew something and it made him think.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

More on point...about what the Bills will do in FA and the draft?  OK, how much of last year's draft did he predict?  How about this year's FA period?

Oh me oh my.....  that is a great question.