Could Hughes be next? $10.4 mil cap

I am not for this.

Trading Tyrod had to be done.

I liked Cordy Glenn a lot, but trading him did make sense, as Dawkins stepped in for him and did a very good job.

Trading Hughes when we are extremely thin at DE is far too risky and not that smart. We cannot go into the season being both weak at DE & DT. And I see no way that we can replenish our entire D-Line in both free agency and the draft this off season.

I think Hughes is gone.  The Bills are focused on resetting where the money is spent on this team and I do not see Hughes contract fitting in. 

I also think Lawson is on the block because he does not fit this D

3 hours ago, Iamkrgr said:

I could see McCoy being moved before Hughes. 

I don't think anything is off the table right now. 

No way McCoy is moved

2 hours ago, par73 said:

If necessary, I can see Hughes involved in the next trade up.  Has not been an impact player since Mario Williams left (who quit playing the year before he went).

It’s their MO, and so far I approve. 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I could see the Bucs taking Hughes to move down from 7 to 12. I think that might be enough.

I was just thinking that.  The Bucs need a pass rusher bad. If we get the 7th pick we will be the only team with enough ammo to trade up into the top two.

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I am not for this.

I liked Cordy Glenn a lot, but trading him did make sense, as Dawkins stepped in for him and did a very good job.

Trading Hughes when we are extremely thin at DE is far too risky and not that smart. We cannot go into the season being both weak at DE & DT. And I see no way that we can replenish our entire D-Line in both free agency and the draft this off season.

They did it last year with the secondary!  

Our ONLY really good DL? Well if we want to completely suck on D and push Frazier to leave, OK. BTW, you can't just put all of our problems on Hughes who drew a lot of attention and played the run very well in 2017. He had almost NO help out there on the DL. Kyle was avg, Lawson was well below avg and the rest of our DT's are disgustingly bad. Let's try surrounding him with talent and see how it goes. If you want to trade underperformers, start with Shaq.

30 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I am not for this.

The Patriots have been doing this for 3 seasons plus now.  Since they traded Chandler Jones 

9 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I'd rather they send Lawson packing. Like sooner rather than later.

Bradley Chubb has been lo need to the Colts at 3... i wonder if we package Lawson 12 and a 3 and 4 or something how much more it would take maybe a pick next out 2 year too

9 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

In the past three days, the #Bills have traded the two biggest cap hits on their team in QB Tyrod Taylor and LT Cordy Glenn. The biggest cap hit now belongs to DE Jerry Hughes, at $10.4 million. It's worth pointing out Brandon Beane didn't sign Hughes to that contract.

We have zero pass rush.  Pass rushers don't grow on trees.  He is not being over-paid.   Glenn trade was acceptable because the front office already had a player to replace him.  However, that would not be the case with Hughes.