Could Hughes be next? $10.4 mil cap

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

In the past three days, the #Bills have traded the two biggest cap hits on their team in QB Tyrod Taylor and LT Cordy Glenn. The biggest cap hit now belongs to DE Jerry Hughes, at $10.4 million. It's worth pointing out Brandon Beane didn't sign Hughes to that contract.

Interesting thought. I doubt it.

Yeah, they wanted to drop cap but the reasons they got rid of those two are that they just didn't want Tyrod and are going to go all out to replace him early in the draft, and that they have a replacement for Cordy who plays just about as well already on the roster. We don't have anyone like Hughes on the roster.

On the other hand, even Hughes didn't play like Hughes this last year. But I really doubt this. Still, thoughtful point by Skurski. Makes me consider.

8 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Which is how it should be. After Whaley’s gross incompetence this is a joy

Yeah. He's just putting thoughtful intelligent move on top of thoughtful intelligent move. I am absolutely loving this. The last two trades were master strokes. It now looks like we can get a top five QB and still have some really good picks left to fill holes. Brilliant.

12 hours ago, ******* said:

What do we save This year from cutting him? What’s the dead cap space?

Dead cap would be $5.8 mill. (By the way, would that put us over $40 mill in dead cap. All-time record? Or do we already hold that at $35 mill?)

We'd save $6.35 mill in salary and a $1 mill roster bonus which is due this coming Sunday, so we'd have to get rid of him before then to save that $1 mill. So we'd save around $1.5 mill this year but next year the savings would be significant.

Can't see it, myself.

Just google the player's name and "Spotrac"

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jerry-hughes-6540/

Edited by Thurman#1