Could Hughes be next? $10.4 mil cap

In the past three days, the #Bills have traded the two biggest cap hits on their team in QB Tyrod Taylor and LT Cordy Glenn. The biggest cap hit now belongs to DE Jerry Hughes, at $10.4 million. It's worth pointing out Brandon Beane didn't sign Hughes to that contract.

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

It certainly wouldn't shock me. Hell at this point I'd expect Beane to get a 1st for him.

Not for nothing. Is there a way we could swing this and still be in line for Rosen and Vita?

That's some next level madden $h!t...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

In the past three days, the #Bills have traded the two biggest cap hits on their team in QB Tyrod Taylor and LT Cordy Glenn. The biggest cap hit now belongs to DE Jerry Hughes, at $10.4 million. It's worth pointing out Brandon Beane didn't sign Hughes to that contract.

C’mon man we haven’t even digested the Glenn trade yet 

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'd rather they send Lawson packing. Like sooner rather than later.

Wouldn't surprise me to see both traded, at this point. Neither of them outperformed Eddie Yarborough last season IIRC... get what you can from them, replace them with rookies/cheaper UFAs.

Anything's possible.   Beane's got a vision and he ain't afraid to go for it.   

Of course, as Badlands pointed out an hour ago, maybe Beane is a total lunatic off his medication.   

Who knows what's next?

Wednesday is going to be very interesting.  

Just now, LA Grant said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see both traded, at this point. Neither of them outperformed Eddie Yarborough last season IIRC... get what you can from them, replace them with rookies/cheaper UFAs.

Glenn was replaced by Dawkins.  Taylor is anticipated to be replaced by Rookie/Bridge (not to mention that offer was a really solid return).  

I wouldn't take it off the table, but our d-line already has holes.  Why add more?  

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Massive concern... Hughes is here next year, IMO.

If we keep next year's picks - who the hell cares...eat the cap hits ASAP and sign FAs that have a low hit this year and get paid next...

15 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Glenn was replaced by Dawkins.  Taylor is anticipated to be replaced by Rookie/Bridge (not to mention that offer was a really solid return).  

I wouldn't take it off the table, but our d-line already has holes.  Why add more?  

Hopefully because they intend to beef up the front 7 with better players. Besides QB, our weakest area is probably DL/LB.

Lawson was next to useless last season, so whatever you can get for his potential is worth it. I think Hughes' most productive days may be behind him, or at least, what he brings is no longer outweighing his cost. 

I'm not saying we should bet the future on Yarborough, I'm saying that a guy like that was about as productive as Hughes/Lawson, if not moreso; therefore Hughes/Lawson are replaceable. 

19 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Hughes for Foles?

Schwartz got amazing production out of him, and I'm pretty sure the Eagles just cut a defensive lineman.

If that happened you might as well just bronze Beane now and plant him next to Ralph.