List of 2018 Pro Days

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

One scout, who covered Louisville in-season, said (at the NFL Combine) that he liked Lamar Jackson a lot on film. But said he wouldn't vouch for him early in the draft if his GM asked. You can like Lamar on-film and still have concerns about his non-football situation.

"SMEAR CAMPAIGN!!!!!!"
- skycap and John from Riverside

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Are skycap and John from Riverside at Jackson's pro day?

You have me too busy here policing your posts

STILL waiting to hear from you what you would do if you were bills managemment

Im gonna say....because I do try to stay balanced....

The not running the 40 at the pro day is baffling to me......this sounds like his mama talking

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

How poorly this will portray him to some teams is going to cost him a little more than the 3% that the agent would get.

Not a clue who is in his ear but I have seen some suggestions of an overbearing mother.

Overbearing mother's are wonderful, just ask the Giants how mature Eli Apple is. 

3 minutes ago, evanmachlan said:

Doesn’t bother me at all that he’s not running. We know he can run.

I like that it pisses him off that some people are trying to encourage him to switch positions. He’s a QB and a damn good one.

If he's a "damn good one" then why isn't he ranked ahead of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield?

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude he’s having a great showing so far.  

And all 32 NFL teams are there

lol.... the format so far has drawn jokes from mayock and others. he hasn't attempted anything they want to see yet... hopefully he will but calling it a great showing so far is sorta crazy. 

its evident they started out trying to showcase some of their other propects at rb with the shorter routes.... they just touched on it again, that he hasn't attempted a single throw they want to see him improve on from the season. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If he's a "damn good one" then why isn't he ranked ahead of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield?

Depends on your perspective. I've seen him higher than at least Allen.

on a different note, Jackson has some HORRIBLE receivers to throw to.

I don't know if it was the receivers, the format of the pro-day or Lamar himself, but that did not look good.

Dropped passes....  Same route run, but ball placed all over the place....  Hard to catch passes....

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude he’s having a great showing so far.  

And all 32 NFL teams are there

Not sure what that has to do with how poorly run this pro day was as well as the whole weird vibe with the "mom agent" watching on the sideline. You can actually see his draft stock falling in front of our eyes. No need to be so defensive. He can be a good player but the mismanagement of his draft process is definitely going to hurt

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

I don't know if it was the receivers, the format of the pro-day or Lamar himself, but that did not look good.

Dropped passes....  Same route run, but ball placed all over the place....  Hard to catch passes....

Area code accuracy is my biggest fear with him because that’s exactly what we had with our last two QBs....I want a QB that throws guys open- in stride.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Not sure what that has to do with how poorly run this pro day was as well as the whole weird vibe with the "mom agent" watching on the sideline. You can actually see his draft stock falling in front of our eyes. No need to be so defensive. He can be a good player but the mismanagement of his draft process is definitely going to hurt

brooks and DJ were just on the network saying it was all in all a solid day. nothing to move him one way or the other though really.... and i'm no scout but that's sorta what I took away as well.

the mom thing is weird. lol.

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Area code accuracy is my biggest fear with him because that’s exactly what we had with our last two QBs....I want a QB that throws guys open- in stride.

Feel exactly the same.  If a receiver is running a given route, they need to trust approximately where the ball is going to be delivered so they can run after the catch.  From what I saw from Lamar just now, on the same route one pass was high and the next was low.  The ball being all over the place will get our already lack of WRs a quick trip to IR.

One thing is for sure.....his WRs are awful.  Dropping passes nonstop.  His footwork looks improved.  The intermediate boundaries still a question mark.  He’s money over the middle though.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

One thing is for sure.....his WRs are awful.  Dropping passes nonstop.  His footwork looks improved.  The intermediate boundaries still a question mark.  He’s money over the middle though.  

right. the commentary was fairly vocal about how awful those wr's were. lol.

2 minutes ago, baskin said:

Did u read the article?

Said Jackson was right....

Yes. I did read it. Doesn't mean I agree with it. There's a reason he didn't run a 40. Whether or not it should be, the 40 yard dash is valued because it codifies what people see on tape. It takes away the tertiary qualities of game tape such as speed of competition, and change in movement. Game speed is obviously most important, but you're either fast or you're not. A 40 answers that question. 

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/29/lamar-jackson-prefers-game-speed-to-the-40-yard-dash/

Makes me wonder if his 40 isn't as fast as people thought? 

The rumors at Louisville were that he ran in the low 4.3's...I'd be really surprised if he were actually that fast. And I'd guess he didn't want to waste time preparing for a 40 yard dash when he knows he needs to prove doubters wrong about his passing ability.

• Like (+1) 1

The main thing I question with Jackson, and it's brought to the forefront regarding the 40, is whether he values success in the NFL more than he values success as a QB in the NFL. I think he can be a good QB in the NFL, but if he had to choose between being a good WR in the NFL and not playing in the NFL, which would he choose? The way he's handled the pre-draft stuff makes it seem like he would chose not playing in the NFL. That's fine, it's his choice, but it does make me wonder slightly about his passion for the game. (for all that my personal wondering are worth.) 

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yes. I did read it. Doesn't mean I agree with it. There's a reason he didn't run a 40. Whether or not it should be, the 40 yard dash is valued because it codifies what people see on tape. It takes away the tertiary qualities of game tape such as speed of competition, and change in movement. Game speed is obviously most important, but you're either fast or you're not. A 40 answers that question. 

And Jackson is fast....

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

I wonder if the mom-agent weirdness and his refusal to whiteboard with teams will cause him to fall to the 2nd round.

Someone desperate will take him in the 15-25 range. But those reasons and more will surely mean he's not a top 10 prospect. Complete mismanagement during the draft process means a lot of the knocks on him remain unresolved.

26 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He is obviously very slow