List of 2018 Pro Days

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Are you going to attend Mike White's pro day?

I am hoping the Bills are all in on Rosen.

Mike White is going to be a decent starter in the league in a few year though. He probably won't be a top 15 guy though.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tough to find enough meaningful snaps with that many QBs around.

Sure....but I feel like this did work out for the redskins when they did it.   I know it didnt mean super bowl for them but they did get real starters out of that draft where they took RGIII and Cousins

Maybe they are not high on Peterman?

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Should be noted that Tony Pauline reported that the Bills sent their QB coach and one assistant to go see Falk...have we sent more than just a scout to any other pro day that I missed or is this the first one?

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jackson chose not to run a forty today.

He didn't run at the combine either. I don't think he wants that aspect of his game to wow the scouts.

Also interesting to note: according to Mayock, teams are having trouble reaching him. They want to sit down and get him on the white board, but are having trouble in their efforts to know him. I also remember Lamar's interview where he stated he didn't want to speak after winning the Heisman. Seems like an overly shy guy and I don't think any of this pre-draft stuff appeals to him.

Edited by JayBaller10

I understand that he want's to be evaluated as a QB, but not running? That's like a defensive lineman not benching cause they want to be seen as elusive and not just strong. Makes no sense. He needs to find some wise counsel. 

Also, I can understand not wanted to be a WR, but wouldn't you rather have the mentality of "I'm the best athlete on the field, and I'll beat out any QB you put me against." then "I'm going to hide my speed so you don't try to make me play a spot I don't want to." This doesn't seem to be a good look for him. About as bad as Darnold not throwing at the combine. 

Maybe he's just playing hard to get... 

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Doing this whole process without an agent is just dumb; it'll cost him at least half a round in draft position.  

How poorly this will portray him to some teams is going to cost him a little more than the 3% that the agent would get.

Not a clue who is in his ear but I have seen some suggestions of an overbearing mother.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I understand that he want's to be evaluated as a QB, but not running? That's like a defensive lineman not benching cause they want to be seen as elusive and not just strong. Makes no sense. He needs to find some wise counsel. 

Also, I can understand not wanted to be a WR, but wouldn't you rather have the mentality of "I'm the best athlete on the field, and I'll beat out any QB you put me against." then "I'm going to hide my speed so you don't try to make me play a spot I don't want to." This doesn't seem to be a good look for him. About as bad as Darnold not throwing at the combine. 

I think lil ol' Lamar has a pretty big chip on his shoulder right now...it's as simple as that.  Perhaps an agent would talk him down but I see no problem with him letting teams know he's there to be a QB, not an "athlete."  Watch his friggin' game film to see his speed.

1 minute ago, eball said:

I think lil ol' Lamar has a pretty big chip on his shoulder right now...it's as simple as that.  Perhaps an agent would talk him down but I see no problem with him letting teams know he's there to be a QB, not an "athlete."  Watch his friggin' game film to see his speed.

Right... But imagine going into a job interview for a position leading an accounting firm and they ask you if you can use some obscure accounting software (which you can use quite well) but because you want them to focus on your leadership capabilities, you ignore the question and focus on how many people you've led. 

The problem isn't that he's saying "Im only a QB." The problem is instead of flaunting his other strengths he's putting all the attention onto his arm, which, if we're being honest, is the biggest question about him. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Right... But imagine going into a job interview for a position leading an accounting firm and they ask you if you can use some obscure accounting software (which you can use quite well) but because you want them to focus on your leadership capabilities, you ignore the question and focus on how many people you've led. 

Yeah it's a dumb move because QB's get their 40s looked at as well. Just because Bill Polian says he thinks you would be a good reliever doesn't mean most other organizations don't see you as a QB. But why not show how fast you are? Is he doing any of the other drills like shuttle long jump etc?

Edited by BuffaloSol

One scout, who covered Louisville in-season, said (at the NFL Combine) that he liked Lamar Jackson a lot on film. But said he wouldn't vouch for him early in the draft if his GM asked. You can like Lamar on-film and still have concerns about his non-football situation.