List of 2018 Pro Days

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Still waiting for that keen insight that you never give.

He is snail slow....cant you tell?

Yes... But how fast/slow? Give me an actual measurable statistic that proves how fast Lamar Jackson is. 

I don't care about 40 times, but his potential employers might. There was not a good reason to not run the 40, and the reasoning he gave made it sound like he was afraid he would run slower than people expected him to. 

11 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I wonder if the mom-agent weirdness and his refusal to whiteboard with teams will cause him to fall to the 2nd round.

I found it odd that the analyst team kept saying "If you draft this kid in round 1 or round 2"

Don't remember them saying round 2 for the other guys. Maybe the mom agent is shying people away. Not being easy to schedule or get to know hurts as well. Add not running the 40 and it's at least fair to wonder if teams will think he's going to be difficult to work with.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Yes... But how fast/slow? Give me an actual measurable statistic that proves how fast Lamar Jackson is. 

I don't care about 40 times, but his potential employers might. There was not a good reason to not run the 40, and the reasoning he gave made it sound like he was afraid he would run slower than people expected him to. 

He's slower than Usain Bolt, faster than Vita Vea.

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I found it odd that the analyst team kept saying "If you draft this kid in round 1 or round 2"

Don't remember them saying round 2 for the other guys. Maybe the mom agent is shying people away. Not being easy to schedule or get to know hurts as well. Add not running the 40 and it's at least fair to wonder if teams will think he's going to be difficult to work with.

There is no way to be sure. <_<

Maybe he's too fast and didn't want to run because he didn't want to get drafted by the Jamaicans... 

Edited by whatdrought

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

There is no way to be sure. <_<

Maybe he's too fast and didn't want to run because he didn't want to get drafted by the Jamaicans... 

I'm almost sure this was it. But with that 13 he got on the Wonderic, who knows what his thinking was.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Well......the fast college guys cannot seem to catch him and look silly when they try?

How is that

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I'm almost sure this was it.

The real player comp: 

Image result for running gif

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Well......the fast college guys cannot seem to catch him and look silly when they try?

How is that

Decidedly non-statistical. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

The real player comp: 

That is impressive

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

The real player comp: 

Decidedly non-statistical. 

Well....obviously it is a conspiracy.....the fast college defenders are intentionally missing him when they try to tackle them well....becuase you know....reasons

A simple linear regression of 40 time on career best max speed on all players shows no relationship.

http://airyards.com/gamespeed_research.html

If the tape says he's fast, he's fast. I have no issue with him not running. Not having an agent seems like a head scratcher, but I'm sure teams are asking him why and if they like his answer, it's not a red flag. 

Lamar is .002 or .003 slower then Zaire Alexander, who ran a 4.38 at the combine. With the amount he has beefed up, he might be as slow as 4.45. His true strength is going from 0 to full speed very quickly and breaking ankles with full speed cuts.

38 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If your player personnel team shies away from someone because they get the voicemail in March a couple times, they probably aren't good at their jobs.  If your player personnel team dives deeper and correlates this with a disinterest or flaw in the actual player that they don't think your head coach can overcome, then kudos to have that adjust placement on your big board.  We will have to see, but the mom/meeting stuff right now doesn't raise much red flags for me, it just makes it a little harder to have complete information, and means that the team that is persistent and competent enough to get complete information will probably do better in the draft.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

But we don't know how fast. (at least not based on a 40)

Fast enough to alter defensive strategies and be the fastest qb in the league.  I think he’s in the 4.4s somewhere.  If he was in the 4.3s he should’ve run.  If he’s in the 4.5s, then he would’ve gotten a bad jump. He’s football fast.  There is no doubt

Now can he be effective throwing outside of the hashmarks 

15 minutes ago, Koufax said:

If your player personnel team shies away from someone because they get the voicemail in March a couple times, they probably aren't good at their jobs.  If your player personnel team dives deeper and correlates this with a disinterest or flaw in the actual player that they don't think your head coach can overcome, then kudos to have that adjust placement on your big board.  We will have to see, but the mom/meeting stuff right now doesn't raise much red flags for me, it just makes it a little harder to have complete information, and means that the team that is persistent and competent enough to get complete information will probably do better in the draft.

What it tells me is that the person with the closest mouth to Jackson's ear really doesn't know what's going on and how to do things in the best interest of both team and player. Raises a flag that this person may just not be someone who I want to do business with. Raises a flag to me at least that he's someone that needs work, yet his top advocate has zero connections to or within the league or knows what kind of off season coaches he should work with to help him. Combine that with the low Wonderic and his flat out refusal to run a 40 and there are all kinds of small flags popping up at the wrong time for him.

I've been a strong Jackson supporter for a while. I think his ability is far beyond anyone else in the draft as a playmaker. I've hated that he gets crucified for the same faults Allen has...but Allen is a top guy. 

Just the way everything pops up it's not looking good for him imo.

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Why? I did not see it. Disorganized or just a bad performance on the field?

His foot work looked horrible, he over threw it on a few plays and doesn't seem to throw a catchable ball. His mechanics will need to be demoed and completely redone. The play I was hoping to see " Money 5 " we didn't get to see. It seems like his interviews were scripted, this guy has a long way to go before his play is even on par with TT.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

His foot work looked horrible, he over threw it on a few plays and doesn't seem to throw a catchable ball. His mechanics will need to be demoed and completely redone. The play I was hoping to see " Money 5 " we didn't get to see. It seems like his interviews were scripted, this guy has a long way to go before his play is even on par with TT.

I wonder if he worked with someone like Jordan Palmer, or if his Mom helped him prepare instead. 

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

If the Bills can't trade up for a top 4 QB , they are out of luck . Lamar or Rudolph at #22 maybe. 

A trade for Foles later in the season when Wentz is 100% another option. 

Allen's wonderlic score was impressive. 

35 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

lol

44 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was solid.  There were lots of dropped balls by the receivers today. 

So, basically just another game week for him....

Also, I noticed Mike Mayock made mention of the fact that Jackson intentionally had an actual Center to snap him balls, taking the snap from under Center as opposed to a lot of guys on their Pro Days do so against "air"....I think he was trying to make a point. 

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

So, basically just another game week for him....

Also, I noticed Mike Mayock made mention of the fact that Jackson intentionally had an actual Center to snap him balls, taking the snap from under Center as opposed to a lot of guys on their Pro Days do so against "air"....I think he was trying to make a point. 

I thought his drop backs and footwork from Center were very good for the most part.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I thought his drop backs and footwork from Center were very good for the most part.  

I did too....I wish people, some people of course, would just evaluate him with an open mind....don't take the tired, dead-horse narrative, that he's a runner first....and learn to see and hear new things and don't be ready to jump into a bias....I am one who has come full circle on Jackson since September. Wanted no part of him on the Bills, but he showed incredible growth this year. And he needs to keep growing, but with a guy like AJ for the Bills, it does buy him a year to grow and every...single....thing, you read about Jackson is just how coachable he is, which means some of the footwork stuff can be taught...he has shown growth passing from the pocket, he can do the same with his footwork. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

I did too....I wish people, some people of course, would just evaluate him with an open mind....don't take the tired, dead-horse narrative, that he's a runner first....and learn to see and hear new things and don't be ready to jump into a bias....I am one who has come full circle on Jackson since September. Wanted no part of him on the Bills, but he showed incredible growth this year. And he needs to keep growing, but with a guy like AJ for the Bills, it does buy him a year to grow and every...single....thing, you read about Jackson is just how coachable he is, which means some of the footwork stuff can be taught...he has shown growth passing from the pocket, he can do the same with his footwork. 

Good take, but he'll need good coaching and patience to bring the best out of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"However, the concern I have about his accuracy throwing the ball outside the hashes still exists. That's still something he's working through. He was inconsistent in that regard on Thursday. I would like to have seen him make more drive throws during the workout, but he really emphasized underneath and touch throws."