Bills Sign Ivory

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Cadet a FA.  Humm.  Any chance we bring him back?  I really liked him when he was here.  Although I guess a rookie as RB 3 is more likely due to $$.  

Definitely there is a chance. As a reminder they need to bring 90 guys to camp. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Cadet a FA.  Humm.  Any chance we bring him back?  I really liked him when he was here.  Although I guess a rookie as RB 3 is more likely due to $$.  

He's rehabbing at OBD. That is a good sign

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Injured riddled tank with a habit of dropping the football on the ground. I hope he is plan C at RB.

Luckily we still have McCoy, you know, our elite 6 time pro bowler. Pretty sure he is plan A.

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Don't mind the signing would have preferred to wait until after the draft though to pick up a veteran. Yes I know there would be no guarantee he would still be available but to me it wouldn't have been a priority right now.

The draft is like a month and a half after free agency opens.  

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Sorry, stopped reading.  Try again.

Only obliquely endorsing BigBuff's point, but IMHO, ALL options need to be on the table to get a top flight QB in this draft. I seriously believe nobody is untouchable if it helps us preserve draft picks and get the QB we want. 

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We're really playing the comp pick game. It makes me think we are looking to trade up and hope that our future comp picks soften the blow.

Let's not get carried away here.  I like picks as much as anybody but usually comps start at the end of the third round where there most definitely is no sure thing.  There is something to be said for signing known quantities.  Hopefully, our FO is squared away in terms of figuring it out.

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

The Jets? They didn't have Forte at the time, right? CJ2K? 

Tomlinson, Johnson, forte...  The guy I'm thinking of was too long ago.  Thomas was his name but can't remember his last name. He had a first name as a last name.

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Only obliquely endorsing BigBuff's point, but IMHO, ALL options need to be on the table to get a top flight QB in this draft. I seriously believe nobody is untouchable if it helps us preserve draft picks and get the QB we want. 

Except the option that removes a future HOFer still playing at an elite level for an offense devoid of playmakers.