Who is your "not with a 10 foot pole" first round pick?

If I had to pick which QB is most likely to bust, it'd have to be Lamar Jackson. His feet may carry him for awhile, but I don't think he's very smart and I don't think he'll mature as a passer. Teams will bottle him up the same way they do with Tyrod and he won't be able to beat you with his arm.

1 hour ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Lamar Jackson. If multiple teams are asking him to work out at WR then he's probably not a first round pick at QB.

I'll put it out there, if it's true, it speaks WAY more poorly of the other teams than it does of Jackson.

A player deserves the right to decide for himself what positions he plays, and Jackson won the Heiseman as a QB. 

No one asked Johnny Manziel to work out as a scat back. 

I believe Tim Tebow was asked before the draft if he'd consider another position, he said "no, I'm a QB" and that was the end of it.  As it turns out, he wasn't a QB, but the man deserves the chance to succeed or fail on his own terms.  So does Jackson.

At Jackson's combine interview, he was asked repeatedly for something like 2 minutes total about playing WR.  This is AFTER he said repeatedly and publically, he was a QB and not interested in working out at any other position.  Jackson handled it well, but it was a shameful, shameful spectacle.

54 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

There has never been a WR that tested as unathletic as him that has gone on to be more than a fringe NFL roster player. I'd be fine taking him on Day 2 based on his tape, but I'm not using a 1st on that.

In general I don't think this WR class is worth using a 1st round pick on; the guys that you get in the 3rd or 4th round will probably be just as good.

Dude...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/calvin-ridley?id=2560011

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=8431

40 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

DXaGJprXUAc8qHo.jpg

He's wrong.

Ridley's 40 time, 3-cone, bench, height, weight, and broad jump all compare favorably to Antonio Brown, and his vertical is within spitting distance.  The only testing metric where Brown had a decided advantage was the 20-yard shuttle.

Just now, H2o said:

I don't see him breaking into houses so he can buy meth any time soon. 

There is absolutely no indication that Josh Allen has any of the work ethic or attitude problems that plagued Leaf, either.

Allen seems to be a good kid who has played hard and wants to develop and succeed.  Whether he can or not may be questioned, whether he's worth the 1st round hype he's generating can be questioned, but no indication that his personality or work ethic is questionable.

Ryan Leaf had "attitude problems" written all over him pre-draft.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There is absolutely no indication that Josh Allen has any of the work ethic or attitude problems that plagued Leaf, either.

Allen seems to be a good kid who has played hard and wants to develop and succeed.  Whether he can or not may be questioned, whether he's worth the 1st round hype he's generating can be questioned, but no indication that his personality or work ethic is questionable.

Ryan Leaf had "attitude problems" written all over him pre-draft.

Absolutely. The red flags were there. Rosen doesn't have those red flags, just perceptions about his mentality towards football and coachability. Mora spoke highly of him. 

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He's wrong.

Ridley's 40 time, 3-cone, bench, height, weight, and broad jump all compare favorably to Antonio Brown, and his vertical is within spitting distance.  The only testing metric where Brown had a decided advantage was the 20-yard shuttle.

No he's not. Brown was 21 years old at the Combine.

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Absolutely. The red flags were there. Rosen doesn't have those red flags, just perceptions about his mentality towards football and coachability. Mora spoke highly of him. 

He's a social justice type.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Who is the one player projected for the first round that you want no part of? Can be QB or other.

My pick is Sam Darnold.  Based on the games that I saw I don't see him succeeding in the NFL.

You?

If he's your 10 foot pole pick, then you must be okay with Jackson, Allen, and the rest of the draftees. 

Pretty much any QB whose performance we are trying to rationalize on here for the pick we need to use to get them. 

you know why, we will find ourselves trying to rationalize again when he’s our rookie, and again in his second season and by his third we will be looking all over again. 

The fact that Allen is moving up the board for his Ryan Mallett like arm, and less that Mallett numbers should be ringing alarm bells for those that recognize that pattern.

fell for it with Edwards and then EJ, who I watched closer than any other prospect. I’m not rationalizing anymore. Hope bills brass aren’t either 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2