Who is your "not with a 10 foot pole" first round pick?

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Again....why?

cuz reasons?

He is the quintessential college system QB that has yet to translate into championship NFL success. That,  and he sounds like he has the intelligence of a South American fruit fly. No thank you. 

23 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

He is the quintessential college system QB that has yet to translate into championship NFL success. That,  and he sounds like he has the intelligence of a South American fruit fly. No thank you. 

You mean like

Michael Vick

Deshon Watson

Even Tyrod Taylor has a winning NFL record

Frankly...I dont care what he sounds like in front of a camera....the guy could be Mongo in front of the camera

i care about scoring points and winning games

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You mean like

Michael Vick

Deshon Watson

Frankly...I dont care what he sounds like in front of a camera....the guy could be Mongo in front of the camera

How many championships do they have? Keep in mind that they are the "best" examples,  yet. 

I understand that you don't think intelligence is important in a franchise QB. I do,  and I don't think he has it.  Those are my reasons for not wanting him.  You aren't going to convince me by comparing him to the success of Vick, Watson, and Taylor.

Edited by Sig1Hunter

10 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

How many championships do they have? Keep in mind that they are the "best" examples,  yet. 

I understand that you don't think intelligence is important in a franchise QB. I do,  and I don't think he has it.  Those are my reasons for not wanting him.  You aren't going to convince me by comparing him to the success of Vick, Watson, and Taylor.

Why don’t you think he’s intelligent? 

I’ve been surprised by how often I hear Mayfield kills it in the interviews and he’s the top guy in “football IQ”. 

I wish I could remember who (maybe Herbstriet?) said “3-5 years from now we are going to wonder why it was not obvious to see how good he is”. 

19 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Being merely a fan, I'm not privy to personal knowledge of him. My bad, I guess?

You don’t think he’s smart because you heard him interviewed before? He has “the intelligence of a South American fruit fly?” You do understand how those comments come across right? At best, they are lazy and ignorant. 

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You don’t think he’s smart because you heard him interviewed before? He has “the intelligence of a South American fruit fly?” You do understand how those comments come across right? At best, they are lazy and ignorant. 

Uh, I said he SOUNDS like he has the intelligence of a South American fruit fly. I didn't accuse him of having that actual intelligence level.  

But,  it doesn't really matter. I'm not the one charged with actually evaluating the guy. I'm a fan.  I'm allowed to have lazy and ignorant opinions about things that don't actually matter in my life.  If the Bills draft him,  I'll root like hell for him. Because,  again,  I'm a fan.... answering an inane question on a message board.  So,  I repeat: not with Gugny's pole, and Boyst pushing.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll put it out there, if it's true, it speaks WAY more poorly of the other teams than it does of Jackson.

A player deserves the right to decide for himself what positions he plays, and Jackson won the Heiseman as a QB. 

No one asked Johnny Manziel to work out as a scat back. 

I believe Tim Tebow was asked before the draft if he'd consider another position, he said "no, I'm a QB" and that was the end of it.  As it turns out, he wasn't a QB, but the man deserves the chance to succeed or fail on his own terms.  So does Jackson.

At Jackson's combine interview, he was asked repeatedly for something like 2 minutes total about playing WR.  This is AFTER he said repeatedly and publically, he was a QB and not interested in working out at any other position.  Jackson handled it well, but it was a shameful, shameful spectacle.

Manziel wasn't fast enough.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You should football more

They run the PATRIOTS offense at his school....for christ sake.

Im willing to listen to legit arguements on why NOT to wait till 21 and draft the kid but keep hearing garbage like this

oh no john.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You mean like

Michael Vick

Deshon Watson

Deshaun Watson was so much better than Lamar Jackson as an NFL prospect that I'm almost considering calling you a racist.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, who bases their cursory assessment of intelligence of a person on their communication ability and mastery of their native language?  We should base it on his test scores, which we are all privy to, obviously.

Edited by jmc12290