Who is your "not with a 10 foot pole" first round pick?

I'd go with DE Arden Key from LSU, he is like so many trouble young prospects , talented but lets his immaturity get the best of him. I'd also stay away from C Billy Price unless the surgery went better than expected and even then that type of injury can have devastating consequences and I've seen it where the other pectoral blows out the following season countless times.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes lets not draft one of the top athletes in the draft that was ultra productive in college.

Vick was the best athlete in his draft.

Tebow was the best athlete in his draft.

You want an athlete?  Then put him on the decathlon team.

We need football players, Juan.

Edited by Gugny

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes lets not draft one of the top athletes in the draft that was ultra productive in college.

Yeah let's ignore the fact that this ultra productive college QB struggles understanding plays on a whiteboard! I'm sure he will be better understanding plays when 300 pound monsters are chasing him!

Yikes!! 

No specific player, but any DB or " combine phenom" pass rusher that didn't really have the consistent production in College. A first rounder needs to be a QB, difference maker WR, OT or DE/edge rusher that dominated at college level. 

Just now, Gugny said:

Vick was the best athlete in his draft.

Tebow was the best athlete in his draft.

You want an athlete?  Then put him on the decathlon team.

We need football players, Juan.

Vick had a pretty good career. 

Tebow wasn’t the best athlete in the draft!! He threw the ball like a girl. Jackson has a cannon. 

I’m not saying that Jackson will be good or bad but he has little (to nothing) in common with Tebow as a prospect. He has a lot of Vick in him. He has a high-ceiling and low-floor. Allen is the same way IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Yeah let's ignore the fact that this ultra productive college QB struggles understanding plays on a whiteboard! I'm sure he will be better understanding plays when 300 pound monsters are chasing him!

Yikes!! 

According to who?

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Tebow wasn’t the best athlete in the draft!! He threw the ball like a girl. Jackson has a cannon. 

I’m not saying that Jackson will be good or bad but he has little (to nothing) in common with Tebow as a prospect. He has a lot of Vick in him. He has a high-ceiling and low-floor. Allen is the same way IMO.

Hey, Kirbs!

I wasn't comparing them as QBs.  I'm talking about all around athleticism.

And I think Vick's career was pathetic, myself.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Bert Breer 

I mentioned it this morning, he also said Allen left a lot to prove as far as being able to understand things on the next level.

FWIW he also backed up Peter Schrager's report that teams did indeed want to see Lamar Jackson do WR drills. Comparing it to how other players do it for other positions.

Edited by Commonsense

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep. Tebows throwing motion was red flagged from the outset. 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

I mentioned it this morning, he also said Allen left a lot to prove as far as being able to understand things on the next level.

Understand that I haven't read that, so I'm taking your word for it.

That said, if an "unnamed team" told a reporter that a guy didn't acquit himself well on the white board, it could be true, or it could be nonsense.  This is a time for misinformation.

I have Jackson as my QB4, but one of the things that I liked about his improved passing from So to Jr season is that he showed the ability to read the whole field and manipulate DBs with his progression.  It would surprise me if he were substantially behind the other guys--especially Darnold, who made mostly half-field, RPO, hi-lo style reads.

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

So it's the age that bothers you and not the athleticism?  Well, that's different.

No, it's the combination. To be 24 as a rookie and also be an extremely poor athlete are both alarming red flags for someone that's expected to be an early 1st round pick. I just don't think that's a good value at all.

Just now, DCOrange said:

No, it's the combination. To be 24 as a rookie and also be an extremely poor athlete are both alarming red flags for someone that's expected to be an early 1st round pick. I just don't think that's a good value at all.

He's not an extremely poor athlete, which was the point that I was addressing.

I don't think anyone would call Antonio Brown an extremely poor athlete, and Ridley's athletic numbers are quite close to (and in more than half the drills, better than) Brown's.

Now I'm not saying that your opinion of him not being worth a high 1st round pick is unjustified; I'm saying that calling him an extremely poor athlete is not accurate.

• Like (+1) 1